CA CA - Elijah 'Bear' Diaz, 20, El Cajon, 29 Aug 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The remains are neither Skylar nor Bear.

The remains were examined by the county Medical Examiner's Office, which determined they likely were that of a black or Latina woman, 25 to 35 years old, and 5 feet 3 inches or 5 feet 4 inches tall.

<snip>

She is believed to have died three to six weeks ago, Nelson said in a statement on Tuesday. He did not say if the cause of her death had been determined.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/oct/20/skeletal-remains-body-lake-hodges/

Bumping for Bear. Hoping to get some people that know Bear to get involved in the discussion so that we can try to help. Where are you, Bear? Your family wants you.

I'd think this is more likely to be an undocumented immigrant since there's a Border Patrol checkpoint near Pine Valley and so sometimes people will get dropped off and try to hike around it, but it's east county and that's definitely more the area of Bear's home and family.

It's about 20 minutes away, but if Bear went east at all, there isn't a whole lot between El Cajon and Pine Valley apart from Lakeside and Alpine and the road up to Laguna Mountain, so it is, in my mind, a possibility.

As soon as I just saw the tweet about it Bear came to mind so I wanted to post it here just in case it ended up being relevant.

Around 9:30 a.m., deputies from the Pine Valley substation responded to the 24000 block of Japatul Valley Road to investigate a report of hikers having found human remains in a nearby canyon.

When deputies arrived, they located the remains and confirmed they were human.

http://www.10news.com/news/hikers-find-human-remains-in-pine-valley-110815

The identification of the remains have yet to be identified by the San Diego County Medical Examiner's officer.

No further information was immediately available.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Pine-Valley-SDSO-343258792.html#ixzz3qxP5GaCM
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

A team of dogs hired by family will begin combing the area Friday in a renewed effort to find him.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/31033031/search-for-missing-el-cajon-man-continues

9707380_G.jpg

So sorry to see he's still missing...I remember seeing his face on here several months ago. His mom seems to miss him like crazy, they were very close according to the FB page.

Elijah "Bear" Diaz missing since 8/29/2015 must still be missing!

I received my store ads this week and there was his pic and missing info from the Nat'l Ctr for Missing & Exploited Children. Tried to find some updates online, even went to the Help Find Elijah FB page, and I couldn't find any updates. It's almost a year since he went missing. Anyone know if his mother is still searching for him? Wishing her strength.

Family members of a missing El Cajon man who disappeared near one year ago are hoping for new leads as they commemorate his 21st birthday on Friday.

(...)

Detectives with the El Cajon Police Department discovered that Diaz’s 50-inch television was missing from his bedroom, along with his bed sheets and the contents of a safe he kept in his room. His cell phone had been turned off since Aug. 30, 2015.

Authorities launched a search for Diaz but his still disappearance remains a mystery.

On Friday evening, friends and family gathered at La Jolla Shores for his 21st birthday celebration and to bring attention to his disappearence.
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...-Answers-Nearly-One-Year-Later-390777811.html

Just a skull was found. *shudders*

Whoever it is, if they ran into the woods to get away from an animal or person, they got found. :(

Oh, I just read this. They think it's Marisol Lopez, who's partial remains were found in the area 1 year ago. Creepy.

Thanks Gig, the story was updated since I posted it.

I missed a lot of the postings from this past year. The fact that he took his TV and bedsheets makes me feel like he just wanted to drop off the grid for awhile. I hope so anyway.

Worried because ... Insulin. Are there any kind of free clinics that Bear could be receiving care/meds from? Not sure how that works in the states.

Because he's an adult, HIPPA rules mandate privacy and there's no way to find out if he's been seeing a doc and getting a prescription filled.

I am a good friend of Bear Diaz's mother LeLanie Thompson and yes Bear is still missing and LeLanie is still looking for him. LeLanie and Bear had a very close relationship. She misses him terribly. There has not been any contact from Bear nor has anyone come forth with any information about his disappearance. Thank you for keeping Bear Diaz and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Update on Elijah "BEAR" Diaz: Bear's story is going to be told on the show Disappeared on the ID-Investigation Discovery channel. I'd like everyone to watch and come here to give their thoughts. Spread the word to all the sleuths. Help us solve this case. Visit our facebook page at BRING BEAR DIAZ HOME, THE SEARCH CONTINUES as well to read family and friends posts about the show and leave your comments.

This is Bear's mother's (LeLanie Thompson) post on her facebook page

"Every Mother's Son"
Season 8 Episode 5
Tv series "Disappeared" on Investigation Discovery (ID)
airs Sunday, April 23 at 7pm

Story of ELIJAH "BEAR" DIAZ and SKYLAR TOSIC: Missing Since 2015 from El Cajon, Calif. Twenty-year old Elijah "Bear" Diaz belongs to the Barona Tribe of Native Americans in southern California. He has diabetes and, in the weeks prior to his disappearance, had been suffering from acute side effects of the illness, leaving him weak, immobile and vulnerable. When Bear vanishes from his home in the middle of the night along with his TV, backpack and some cash, investigators are concerned that he might be the victim of foul play.
Then 20-year old Skylar Tosic disappears the very next day, leaving family and friends of both young men hunting for answers while questioning: could the two cases be linked?

Please share this post, and set your DVR's...
Investigation Discovery is found on
(Direct TV) channel 285
(Cox Cable) channel 80
(ATT) HD1260 or without HD 260
(Time Warner)
(DISH)

Thank You,
LeLanie
Bear's Mom

Members online

Online statistics

Members online