Kevin Sweat charged with 1ST DEGREE MURDER Taylor & Skyla

so they were first tipped off in Jan.2010 that Sweat had owned a Glock ...

searched his father's property Aug.22, 2011 ... (perhaps after JackAMW's tip?)

so now I have three questions:

1. why did it take a year & seven months to get a search warrant for his father's property? did they not know he shot at targets there prior? is that where JackAMW's tip comes in?

2. what exactly was JackAMW's tip?

3. was JackAMW's tip something that gave them enough probable cause that a judge would sign off on a search warrant so quickly? it appears so ...

It bothered me because it was just too darn - generic? Is that the word? Anyway, it was too like the generic rendering of an African American KWIM?

agree with your post woofie

A little late, but I just saw the alert and had to chime in and say how happy I am. Praying that justice will truly be served. I know such an arrest inevitably brings up strong emotion, frustration, anger, etc., but I want to encourage everyone to remain positive. A delayed arrest is still better than none; still closure for the families.

Hold your loved ones extra tight this holiday season.

With that being said, I too echo the frustration about the police sketch. Sadly, I think too often there is pressure to release some sort of description or composite into the community - regardless of the underlying discriminatory element often present.

All of THIS. When Sweat was being discussed, and we were looking at his social page, the disturbing, offsetting one, where his hair is long and he appears scruffy. He looked disturbing to me but when compared to the artist's sketch, not the same guy. I sort of wrote Sweat off or at least, let him sit on the back burner in my mind.

I didn't recall seeing a picture of him with long hair, so I googled him. When I saw the pics, I 100% remember seeing them - I think I have screenshots of them somewhere also...

They are eerily reminiscent of Shawn & Co in Hailey's case, IMO.

These may have been posted already, but here are the ones of Kevin Sweat:

kevin%2Bsweat%2B1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-N-HuR8Yyjoo/TmWvAnaQ1_I/AAAAAAAACuc/MBOlEtw3pDA/s200/kevin+sweat+1.jpg

kevin%2Bsweat%2B2.jpg

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2011/09/cold-blooded-killers-connection-to.html

It bothered me because it was just too darn - generic? Is that the word? Anyway, it was too like the generic rendering of an African American KWIM?

agree with your post woofie

That sketch was also very similar to a a man in that area that could've been blamed for something he did not do .. he had an alibi he was out of town helping family after a tornado .. I think its really odd ....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

But for Weleetka, today is not about Kevin Sweat. It's about two little girls who were taken too soon and will never be forgotten.

I have over the years never given up hope for the murders of Skyla and Taylor to be solved. The tragedy has stayed with me and I have never been able to comprehend that anyone would murder these two girls in cold blood. I am thankful for the arrest and anxious to see justice served .... to watch KS convicted and sentenced for the murders of Skyla and Taylor.

Thank God, an arrest. It seemed like an impossible crime to solve. I am truly amazed with LE, all who worked on the girls' case. Those poor little girls. I don't care if he gets the DP (if available in OK?) or just gets locked away for the rest of his life.

BUT .. I want to know WHY he took their lives.

Just read about his arrest, and don't know how it came about, sounds like he killed his "girlfriend" and was arrested for that, and then he was pegged for the girls' murders, how did they do it?

My hat is off to all who investigated this case. And I'm so grateful to them. So young, so much ahead of them, and just wiped out at a whim.

There is quite a resemblance between this and Ross Ashley, who shot and killed a VaTech officer and then himself .. they both look like they could be Sunday school teachers ... In the pix, their evil doesn't show.

This was such good news! Right up there with the day we heard on tv that Shawn Hornbeck was found alive. Unreal!!!

:great::great::great:

Wow...I am so glad to hear about this arrest, and so sad to think of the terror these beautiful young girls must have endured. Thanks to all of the the posters who frequented this forum for keeping their memory alive, and trying so hard to find out what happened to these darling girls. I lurked here quite often, and I know how passionately you guys followed this case, and how desperately you wanted justice for these girls.

Poor little baby girls. Nothing more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It breaks my heart to think how terrified and shocked they have must been. What a waste of two beautiful lives. :(

I just saw this story on the CNN website and had to write a post.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/09/justice/oklahoma-slain-girls/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I know how many people have followed this case faithfully for years when it seemed that all hope was lost.

It just goes to show that there can be justice if you just keep hoping for the truth to come to light! No case is too cold, and no case is hopeless.

I still recall the first day I read about these two precious girls being gunned down for no reason whatever. Maybe the guy really is insane because it never made any sense to me.

And thank God in heaven this did not get pinned on an innocent Native American just because the guy had long hair at the time. Prejudice shouldn't blind anyone to the truth, or keep LE from looking elsewhere, and they followed the trail of the weapon instead of believing the witness. That's smart.

Wow--just wow.

I can't believe it. I'm just stunned. I'm so happy for the girls families. Of course nothing will ever replace Skyla and Taylor. But at least there is a chance for justice now.

We lived in Central Texas when this happened to them, I followed in on TV but I didn't post here to their threads. I am just stunned.

Oh my goodness!! Was reading some news and saw this and I am overjoyed!!! I NEVER thought this day would happen. I had given up hope, I'll admit it. I don't know anything about his girlfriend's death, will have to read up on that, but from what I'm gathering he is a local and someone that was looked at previously?? Whatever the case, thank you Lord for bringing him to light.

You were never forgotten girls. Just killed on a whim it appears.

o

Taylor and Skyla are the reason I joined WS like so many others. I am so happy that this man has been charged with their murders and hope he never sees a day of freedom again so that he cannot harm anyone else. Poor Ashley Taylor. I wonder if she knew something and that's why he slit her throat and burned her body.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-killer-charged-2008-murder-girls-13-11.html

Does anyone else remember early on when the girls memorial was defaced when someone wrote on one of the crosses, 'You'll never catch me'? I wonder if that was KS' evil doings.

RIP Taylor, Skyla and Ashley.

wm

Taylor and Skyla are the reason I joined WS like so many others. I am so happy that this man has been charged with their murders and hope he never sees a day of freedom again so that he cannot harm anyone else. Poor Ashley Taylor. I wonder if she knew something and that's why he slit her throat and burned her body.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-killer-charged-2008-murder-girls-13-11.html

Does anyone else remember early on when the girls memorial was defaced when someone wrote on one of the crosses, 'You'll never catch me'? I wonder if that was KS' evil doings.

RIP Taylor, Skyla and Ashley.

wm

[bbm]

if it wasn't him, then they have another potential murderer roaming those parts because no one with a conscience or a soul would do that IMO

I am so pleased they were finally able to get enough evidence to charge Sweat. There was talk a few months ago here on the last general discussion thread they may have their man. They just needed a way to prove it. I guess they found it.

From what I gathered a couple of months ago when we were looking at this guy, he was originally questioned when LE was looking for that specific glock gun. LE said there were 40 registered or sold in the state and they had talked to 25 of them. Apparently Sweat told them he'd sold it. I believe they also obtained his dna at that time, (not completely sure about that).

Anyway, it wasn't until his g/f's disappearance and subsequent revalation by LE that he'd killed her, that he became a serious POI in this case. During late summer, fall 2011, LE had put out notices with a $5,000 reward for anyone with that particular glock, and they had the license number. They just needed to compare the markings on the bulletts.

I believe, not positive, it was a Websleuther who sent a tip that this guy had done target practice on the property. This was apparently what they needed, next best thing to actually having the weapon. Shell casings showing markings.

Many will be concerned why it took LE so long to connect him. They'd suspected him for many months and were working diligently behind the scenes. But LE only gets ONE chance to try him. They HAD to have {proof} to insure a conviction. He was already behind bars when they began their inquiry, so he wasn't going to be able to harm anyone else in the meantime. NOW, he's gonna get, HOPEFULLY, the DP, X's THREE!

Anyway, you have to admit that those photos of Sweat in his 'deviantart' site resemble the possible perp. Could it have been an American Indian? Sure. It was most likely the witness who said they thought they were Indian. But many people have their hair long and pulled back, so I doubt LE was just looking at Indians. Just the general description his hair did appear very dark.

I don't believe he really had a motive. That was my original thought on this case very early on. No motive, just because. It's sick individuals like this guy appears to be, that cause us to distrust many strangers. You never know what's going on behind those stares. :(

It is interesting, I wonder if he's good for any other of the unsolved cases around Oklahoma? LE might want to check the other jurisdictions to see if there's any connection,............ANY connection at all. A thrill killer has no bounds!

Bless this family and praying that Skyla and Taylor can now finally RIP, knowing they got the guy that took their life.

fran

Poor little baby girls. Nothing more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It breaks my heart to think how terrified and shocked they have must been. What a waste of two beautiful lives. :(

So true, it was the girls who saw the monster, bless their hearts.

I can't believe there aren't others, wonder who else is missing that he could be responsible for?

This gives me hope that someday there will be justice for Kyron too.

Thank goodness this has been resolved. I hope the inmates find out about it and can give him a little what-for too, I know that's mean but he needs to suffer not get free room and board only. My opinion only and I hope you guys know what I mean.

Finally! I think justice for Skyla and Taylor is coming. This gives me hope that other cases that appear to be cold can get hot again with persistent investigation and advocates who keep pushing for the truth.

The "monsters" characterization by Sweat really offends me. Sounds like disparaging the victims, imo. Typical. If he is going for an insanity plea with the "monsters" claim, he better hope the mental health professionals will substantiate he is truly insane (which I doubt). Otherwise, a jury is going to be as offended as I am about him characterizing two angels in this disparaging manner.

I think Sweat is just plain evil and used coming upon two defenseless girls in a remote location as an opportunity for target practice. Unfathomable evil. I will be surprised if he is deemed insane, but am interested to hear the mental health professionals weigh in.

Justice for Skyla and Taylor!

If Sweat thinks he saw monsters I wonder if he stopped to think about the monster that Taylor and Skyla saw when he gunned them down in cold blood! B@$t@rd!!!

moo

wm

He's toast and I don't think he saw any monsters!!!!!!

This is the case that brought me to WS. I am so happy that these 2 little girls might finally get the justice they deserve.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back