CATCH THE LATEST WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

Kevin Sweat charged with 1ST DEGREE MURDER Taylor & Skyla

Discussion in 'Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker' started by GetSmart, Dec 9, 2011.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

It seems so long ago now, that stereotypical image of the Native American used immediately to parse out and signal blame. If the killer had not have killed again, this case would still be unresolved. O those who would weep for Oklahoma -- begin crying now; else not enough tears exist to wash the whole place clean.

2. AmandaReckonwith

AmandaReckonwith Defective Detective

tezi likes this.
  3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

4. MissUnderstood

MissUnderstood Member

tezi likes this.
  5. waltzingmatilda

waltzingmatilda Verified Insider-Roy Moore

tezi likes this.
  6. AmandaReckonwith

Today his appeal to withdraw his guilty plea was denied.

The judge sent him straight to prison.

7. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

Amen.

8. AmandaReckonwith

The final step for Sweat will be "Die in prison".

Appellate court has denied his withdrawal of his guilty plea. It stands.

The next time I hear this freaks name, I hope it as his death report, and soon.

The Case Archive is updated. Link upthread.

9. JLMOORE83

JLMOORE83 New Member

Im from and live in Oklahoma there was a show on ID Discovery last night Shadow of Doubt It was about Skyla An Taylor ....i remember this case so i watched the show now they have me going hmmmm never heard that before The show states that there was DNA found in the girls underwear both of them but the media neber let on that there was a sexual element to this case ....we have always been told that the girls were just shot both multiple times two diffrent weapons a 40 Glock and a .22 and that most likely someone pulled up and shot the girls from inside there vehicle. The girls were found on the side of the road down the way from Skylas home her father found the girls. They were not nude nothing to indicate a sexual crime . 3yrs go bye and they link murders back to Kevin Sweat after they had him in custody for murder of his girlfriend Ashley Taylor , 40 glock shell casings found at crime scene of Skyla and Taylor were matched to shell casings found on Sweats fathers property with burned remains of Ashley Taylor......He was questioned denied it multiple times then finaly confesses says he saw 2 monsters come out of woods and he shot them with glock till out of bullets and grabbed 22 and did same thing .....he eventually pleads guilty convicted no trial 3 life sentences .....then in 2013 he tries to wothdrawel guilty plea wasnt allowed ......heres my problem at the end of the show they tell us that the DNA does not match the suspect now how did sperm get into a 11yr and 13yr old who were not sexually active ???? The Dectectives just brushed it aside but it is part of the murders whos sperm is it we know its not any of the families, not the suspects....whos is it and how did it get there??

10. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

This is a strange development. I remember this case well, it was a horrific crime. It's pretty shocking that there was evidence of sexual assault, but LE never mentioned it. Wow. IIRC, there was talk early on in the case that there might be 2 perps, probably because of the two different types of ammunition used. Not saying Sweat wasn't involved, he's an extremely dangerous person. But was someone else part of it?

They need someone from outside this case to re-investigate, start from scratch. When such significant information is withheld, you have to re-examine everything again.

11. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

I have just read about this case and there are similarities to the Delphi murders imo. I was researching US child double homicides and they are relatively rare -only 40 since 1974. One MSM article on the net from 2014 even mentions one of these young girls wanted to be a forensic scientist. There also appears to be a possible motive related to drugs and revenge. Is it possible there was an accomplice who got away? MOO.

12. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

I think that it's possible that there was an accomplice, but a connection to the Delphi murders would surprise me because I think both crimes were committed by locals.

13. waltzingmatilda

waltzingmatilda Verified Insider-Roy Moore

AmandaReckonwith likes this.
  14. terpstra1

terpstra1 New Member

Did they state the DNA was sperm? This is the first I've heard about it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

15. AmandaReckonwith

16. libby 2130

libby 2130 New Member

for those asking about the dna found on the girls...it was semen on the underwear and biological on both girls bodies rethinking murder of Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker

oh and he did not attack his lawyer IN the court..it happened outside the courtroom....still didn't he have to go through a metal detector like everyone else going into the building.

not saying he didn't do it the semen proves someone else was involved though