Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question! Yes, he could of taken the SIM card out of Melissa's phone if it was a GMS phone and put into a different GMS phone. He could of also "spoofed" the caller ID using Melissa's info with a phone of his choosing (GMS or CDMA).

But, IMO, he would of still had to taken additional steps to avoid being tracked besides just cutting the call at the the 3 minute mark.

What ever the case, it looks like he knew exactly what he was doing and how to cover his tracks. That adds a pretty disturbing element to the personality of this guy. The sister said he was in control. The step father said the conversation was more violent than sexual in nature. Lots of BTK type markers in my opinion. They need to catch this guy....

Has anyone thought about the logistics of fitting a non-dismembered adult into a burlap sack? I have always pictured a burlap sack to be the size of a bushel of clams. I don't know how large burlap bags come, but I have never seen one that would be easy to fit a non-dismembered adult in.

That's a really good question. We should think about that...if we can't come up with a large enough burlap bag, then it means either:

a) they were dismembered
or
b) the SK only had to place "bones" in burlap, so that means they were moved, right?
c) they were not wrapped in "sacks," but just burlap...big difference IMHO

Just wanted to re-start this discussion!

An older white guy who sounded drunk most of the time, and she was secretive about the date, but was offered $1,000. That amount must have meant that she would be spending the night with this man, but if JT knew she was a hooker then why the secrecy. I agree that most of the girls probably knew this man from other dates, and am wondering if Melissa or maybe a few others thought he was their boyfriend, or becoming a boyfriend.

An older white guy who sounded drunk most of the time, and she was secretive about the date, but was offered $1,000. That amount must have meant that she would be spending the night with this man, but if JT knew she was a hooker then why the secrecy. I agree that most of the girls probably knew this man from other dates, and am wondering if Melissa or maybe a few others thought he was their boyfriend, or becoming a boyfriend.

That's one of the great mysteries IMO. AC was secretive too.

I also wanted to start a discussion about MB's "friend" who says he received many calls from someone (possibly SK) who spoke to him about MB...mentioning sexual things and tattoos relative to MB. Do we have any real info on this guy?

One other thing, I want to re-post this link so we can discuss it....whatcha think?

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stori...-in-the-bronx/ (credit to theforeigner for the original post)

Melissa Barthelemy, who went by the working name Chloe, was last seen on July 12, 2009 sitting on the curb outside her apartment in The Bronx. According to her "boyfriend", Johnny Terry, earlier that evening Melissa had a lined up a "date" with a client for $1000 . Terry claims that he offered Melissa a ride, but that she was very secretive about this "date" and declined the offer.

Melissa Barthelemy was never seen again. However, phone records show that someone accessed Melissa's voice mail on the evening of her disappearance. Those calls were traced to a cell tower in Massapequa, NY.

Soon after Melissa's disappearance, her sister , Amanda , began to recieve calls from Melissa's cell phone. According to Amber, these were taunting calls from an "older, white man". The last call came on Aug. 26, with the caller telling Amanda that he had killed Melissa. Law enforcement traced the calls to cell towers in Times Square and Madison Square Garden, but the caller was never found.

According to Melissa's boyfriend, Johnny Terry, he too recieved taunting calls from someone he described as a "white guy".

"He said, you like to do some crazy stuff with Melissa, I know where you be at. Most of the time he seemed to be drunk. He knew who I was. He knew I had tattoos on my back. Maybe he felt [Melissa] was doing something he didn't like."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...ong-island-serial-killer-victims-secret-life/

bbiubm!

I think we should pay closer attention to this statement if it's true - how can we verify it? (Seaslug? help!)

To quote: "He knew who I was. He knew I had tattoos on my back. Maybe he felt (Melissa) was doing something he didn't like."

Yeah. I'm thinking he didn't like that these girls associated with, or were related to black men; IMO he can't stand it.

bbiubm!

I think we should pay closer attention to this statement if it's true - how can we verify it? (Seaslug? help!)

To quote: "He knew who I was. He knew I had tattoos on my back. Maybe he felt (Melissa) was doing something he didn't like."

Yeah. I'm thinking he didn't like that these girls associated with, or were related to black men; IMO he can't stand it.

it does appear that the SK is a racist IMO. He referred to Barthelemy's sister as a "half-breed."

and according to photographs Waterman's child is African American.

I have seen some photographs of Gilbert's family members and it appears she has some bi-racial family as well.

Now, I'm wondering if either Brainard-Barnes or Costello had some bi-racial or African American family or friends.

it does appear that the SK is a racist IMO. He referred to Barthelemy's sister as a "half-breed."

and according to photographs Waterman's child is African American.

I have seen some photographs of Gilbert's family members and it appears she has some bi-racial family as well.

Now, I'm wondering if either Brainard-Barnes or Costello had some bi-racial or African American family or friends.

Oh come on ... four Caucasian victims, that would make him a reverse-racist. Which id basically what I profiled early last year for him and I got almost scalped for that. :floorlaugh:

In this Sep 6th 2009 newsreport MB's mother stated:

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/105331/missing-buffalo-native-last-seen-in-the-bronx/

Quote:

"The police have disclosed someone has my daughter," said the Barthemely's mother. "But I can't disclose more, but someone has my daughter."

That statement is probably based on that her mother and the police knew that a man was calling MB's little sister from MB's phone, but still an interesting statement that I havn't heard before.

bbm
Here's the original post - I don't recall ever hearing that either...

Oh come on ... four Caucasian victims, that would make him a reverse-racist. Which id basically what I profiled early last year for him and I got almost scalped for that. :floorlaugh:

Yikes, a near-scalping! :floorlaugh: Been there for sure! I don't understand what you mean by a reverse-racist...

bbiubm!

I agree with you about the racist aspect. Although, I suspect that he attempts to put up a front that he isn't a racist but, little slips in his language betray him. JMO.

Here is the link where both Lynn Barthelemy and Johnny Terry discuss the phone calls they received:

The Daily Beast
The Serial Killer Victims' Secret Life
By Christine Pelisek and Roja Heydarpour
April 24, 2011
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...island-serial-killer-victims-secret-life.html

"Meanwhile, Barthelemy's sister, Amanda, began to receive calls, about one each week."

"The caller ID indicated the call came from Melissa's cellphone. The man who sounded like an "older white guy" wanted to know if the person on the line was Melissa's little sister. "The whole year I continued to pay for the phone bill," Melissa's mother, Lynn, told The Daily Beast. "It was only turned on when the guy would turn it on, when he made the phone calls. He would only keep it on for three minutes."

"Around the same time, Terry said he began to get his own taunting phone calls. His calls were from a "white guy," he said."

"He was threatening me," recalled Terry. "He said, you like to do some crazy stuff with Melissa, I know where you be at. Most of the time he seemed to be drunk. He knew who I was. He knew I had tattoos on my back. Maybe he felt [Melissa] was doing something he didn't like."

"Terry said the anonymous caller called him more than 30 times over a period of eight months. He said he reported the calls to the cops. Months later, Terry said, he was approached by the police again, but this time not as a suspect. They wanted to know about the john on Long Island. They asked if he could describe the house and if he could pick it out if he was taken there. He said he could."

"They already knew about the guy in Long Island," he said. "I said if they come to get me I would go. They didn't come."

I don't understand?
Some of the victims are mixed, including SG, from what I remember.

I don't understand?
Some of the victims are mixed, including SG, from what I remember.

Yes. Melissa Barthelemy is half African-American and half Caucasian as is Shannan Gilbert (Although when I first saw their pics, I thought they were Latina). Megan Waterman has a child who appears to be half African- American

Yikes, a near-scalping! :floorlaugh: Been there for sure! I don't understand what you mean by a reverse-racist...

He is not a Cacucasian killing African-American but an African-American killing Caucasians. Same typology as Bernard Jackson or Omar Thornton. And since I'm not allowed to tell you my website, you could google my name and my name and would find on the site the complete profile I wrote last year with some extensions from end of last year.

I have thought for a while that Melissa having checked her voicemail from the two Massapequa motels on her last known day(s) alive, and then one of the taunting calls placed to her sister having been placed from Massapequa is very significant. It may in retrospect be one of the only mistakes that her killer made.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-12-10/ny-beach-human-remains/51784606/1

Hi Citylady, I agree. And then when you add in the fact that the 'drifter's' mother lived in Massapequa as well it makes one wonder if the drifter was from that area :waitasec: IMO

Hi Citylady, I agree. And then when you add in the fact that the 'drifter's' mother lived in Massapequa as well it makes one wonder if the drifter was from that area :waitasec: IMO

Hi Scandi :)

Where did you find the info that "the drifter"'s mother lived in Massapequa?
I never read that.
Could you please post a link to the source?

Thanks

TF

Hi Scandi :)

Where did you find the info that "the drifter"'s mother lived in Massapequa?
I never read that.
Could you please post a link to the source?

Thanks

TF

I'll go look for a link but I had also just read it in a poster's comment here. I went back to read it again before writing my post here to make sure that was the town it is said the drifter's mom is from. And it was the same town, Massapequa. ;}

By Sherlock Holmes on the 'Drifter' thread, last page: " . . . . flukeyou, do you know who the drifter is whose mom lives in Massapequa? Do you know who Lenny is that lived @ JB's"?

He is not a Cacucasian killing African-American but an African-American killing Caucasians. Same typology as Bernard Jackson or Omar Thornton. And since I'm not allowed to tell you my website, you could google my name and my name and would find on the site the complete profile I wrote last year with some extensions from end of last year.

Are you saying the serial killer is black killing white women? lost me

If the mom lives in Massapequa and the last phone call out of who, Melissa?. Interesting to me.
I still did not see any info on this thou from MM. Can anyone link it?
thank you

eta: Never mind I see from Scandi's post that it was a comment from a poster.

Yes. Melissa Barthelemy is half African-American and half Caucasian as is Shannan Gilbert (Although when I first saw their pics, I thought they were Latina). Megan Waterman has a child who appears to be half African- American

Was MB biracial or just her little half-sister? I don't know that she has ever been described as biracial. Gilbert definitely was mixed-race.

Are you saying the serial killer is black killing white women? lost me

If the mom lives in Massapequa and the last phone call out of who, Melissa?. Interesting to me.
I still did not see any info on this thou from MM. Can anyone link it?
thank you

eta: Never mind I see from Scandi's post that it was a comment from a poster.

LOL My DIL is here using my 'puter so I can't go search right now - she'll be gone in about an hour.

But I remember when we first learned about the drifter that was stated - months ago so I remembered it.

ETA: Dern, I must have got that wrong. I can''t find an old link with that in it but found this in a comment: " . . the guys mother lived in islip area and a cell call was made from massapequa taunting one of the victims sister". .femalefirst.co.uk/board/long-island-serial-killer-exposed-t271527-30.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa