CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
people are pointing out that there are urgent care centers open till 8:00 pm.....

I think she will get an appt today and the antibiotics will kick in by Monday. I hope so anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 57s57 seconds ago  Longmont, CO
"Is that a heavy metal band?" the judge asks. Juror says he didn't think he would be in the courtroom yesterday. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 33s34 seconds ago  Longmont, CO
Juror says he wasn't trying to send any kind of message by wearing @Metallica T-shirt "on the other side." #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 58s59 seconds ago
#TheaterShooting juror who wore @Metallica shirt w/ electric chair says he didn't mean to convey any message. Live: http://kdvr.com/2015/07/24/watch-li...presenting-mitigation-on-penalty-phase-day-3/ …

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 47s47 seconds ago  Longmont, CO
Juror was an alternate and didn't expect to be in the courtroom with the deliberating #theatershooting jurors.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 35s36 seconds ago  Longmont, CO
"This had no meaning at all," Samour said. Says reporter wanted to show he was "the smartest kid in the class" by noticing. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 58s59 seconds ago
#TheaterShooting judge says it's clear shirt meant nothing & that reporter who mentioned it "wanted to show he’s smartest kid in classroom."

I think she will get an appt today and the antibiotics will kick in by Monday. I hope so anyway.

generally its 24-48 hours of antibiotics

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 1m1 minute ago
#TheaterShooting alternate juror w/ @Metallica shirt seemed more worried shirt was ratty: "I would've worn nicer 1 if I knew I'd b in court"

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago  Longmont, CO
.@Metallica juror will remain on the panel, but probably won't be wearing more band T-shirts to #theatershooting courtroom

Scott Cohn ‏@ScottCohnTV · 39s40 seconds ago
Due to a sick juror, #theatershooting penalty phase adjourning for the day, tentatively to resume Monday.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Lyrics for #ridethelightning: "Guilty as charged
But damn it, it ain't right
There's someone else controlling me"
#theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago
Court will try to resume on Monday in hopes of juror feeling better #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 44s44 seconds ago  Longmont, CO
Judge releasing jurors now, giving them advisements.
Attorneys will stay to get some work done outside presence of jurors. #theatershooting

My guess....the sick juror will cause delay til Wed. Then, the other jurors who were exposed to her will all get sick. This might go on forever! Why have alternates if they aren't going to be used??

She's clearly a favourite juror to both sides.

Scott Cohn ‏@ScottCohnTV · 6m6 minutes ago
In standard admonition to jurors not to read any news about Aurora #theatershooting case, judge adds "or any case like it."

My guess....the sick juror will cause delay til Wed. Then, the other jurors who were exposed to her will all get sick. This might go on forever! Why have alternates if they aren't going to be used??

........and perhaps cancel trial until zoey comes back........

Who was supposed to testify today? Are we seeing any professionals? or just those people who barely knew him or of him????

Watching some of yesterdays testimonies----Do you still care about that boy you called Jimmy (or something along that line)--mentioned love as well....odd

I know that lots of children start out just like anyone else. I also know it doesn't always stay that way. Showing us the shooter as a child doesn't really look like it will work as mitigation.

Maybe the medical evidence might sway the jury?

Defense asking to proceed for video testimony the video camera is already in the courtroom. Prosecution has no objection Defense has 7 witnesses 1 of those present currently, the others are on the way Phil Tenser

I know that lots of children start out just like anyone else. I also know it doesn't always stay that way. Showing us the shooter as a child doesn't really look like it will work as mitigation.

Maybe the medical evidence might sway the jury?

I don't really know---I find it odd that they are having to go back sooooooo far in his childhood and then try to present him as a fine upstanding little man-polite and all that other crap

Rick Sallinger ‏@ricksallinger · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting Jury sent home due to an illness. 7 defense witnesses will testify today on video.

I don't really know---I find it odd that they are having to go back sooooooo far in his childhood and then try to present him as a fine upstanding little man-polite and all that other crap

It seems that the defence are trying to show that he was pretty average up till a certain age. Then he changed and became more introverted and socially awkward. The beginning of mental illness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members