CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Def. seems conflicted here..They want jury to use moral judgement ( mercy) and disregard evidence THEY PUT ON Evidence ( yet they want it to be considered) ( yikes is Def. Bipolar ??)..Why did they bother then..CaNNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!! Ms. Nelsons...SMH

If you can't beat them confuse them lol!

I know! and every time the prosecution or even the judge suggests something different, loudly 'I object!' then goes on reciting all the rules. I've never heard attys cite a string of rules & rights, ever, as much as they do!

I wouldn't mind her so much if she would turn her volume down! She is so loud!

Actually I take that back. I would still mind her :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ms Nelson keeps giving Mr Edwards the stink eye lol!

And I'm thinking we will never know the whole story.

I do wonder if they (parents, sister) were suspicious in view of Aunt Betty's sickness. RH said his own father showed traces of a problem. Maybe JH did his best to mask it -- I would have. Yes, there's more to this story, but we'll never know...

When dad said Jimmy was taken to a therapist at age 8 because he had "delayed terrible 2's".....I knew there was more going on than we know about. And, will probably never know. I agree.

So now she is saying she doesn't have to offer mitigations to juror's in her closing because THEY were bombarded and presented with a boatload of witness outlining J's best attributes..His parent's religious beliefs..blah blah..SO NOW she is suggesting she doesn't have to suggest any mitigations....WTH..Wasn't this whole page 2 all about mitigations????

It's not a wonder Pros. has no idea on how to address def's mitigations??

Ms Nelson is annoying me. She is sitting whispering with Ms Higgs and laughing at Mr Edwards when he puts his point across. She strikes me as very immature.

The only thing I can figure about their continued support of JH is that they are all blaming it on mental illness -- somehow that crept into him overnight and took over. Something like, "~It's not Jimmy who did this, it's the illness. The poor guy.~"

Denial is not just a river in Egypt; it's
a trap.

I'm sure it's much easier to live a life of denial than it is to own up to the truth of the matter---that your son is a cold-blooded killer, who meticulously and thoughtfully orchestrated an attack on a movie theater. An attack that took the sweet lives of 12 people from the families who loved them.

Except, THESE families will never have an opportunity to see their child's face again. Not at home, not in a jail cell, not in a courtroom. Not anywhere, ever again.

And, let us not forget the 70 others---the ones who constantly relive this nightmare over and over again. A nightmare that your son forced on them. Some of them are paralyzed and will never walk again. Some of them may never experience another a day without also feeling a constant and unrelenting pain (both physically and mentally). A young mother may never get over the survivor's guilt that she likely feels for surviving something so horrific, when her unborn baby and beautiful, six-year-old daughter--who was so innocent and full of life--did not.

The only person on this earth who is responsible for this unthinkable tragedy is also the only person who could have stopped it---your son. Yes, I imagine that is a bitter pill to swallow and that denial is much more comfortable for you. And, undoubtedly, believing that his "flood gates" merely opened up out of nowhere one day will certain cushion the blow.

But, know this... denial is a short-lived trap that will catch up with you in a hurry.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt; it's
a trap.

I'm sure it's much easier to live a life of denial than it is to own up to the truth of the matter---that your son is a cold-blooded killer, who meticulously and thoughtfully orchestrated an attack on a movie theater. An attack that took the sweet lives of 12 people from the families who loved them.

Except, THESE families will never have an opportunity to see their child's face again. Not at home, not in a jail cell, not in a courtroom. Not anywhere, ever again.

And, let us not forget the 70 others---the ones who constantly relive this nightmare over and over again. A nightmare that your son forced on them. Some of them are paralyzed and will never walk again. Some of them may never experience another a day without also feeling a constant and unrelenting pain (both physically and mentally). A young mother may never get over the survivor's guilt that she likely feels for surviving something so horrific, when her unborn baby and beautiful, six-year-old daughter--who was so innocent and full of life--did not.

The only person on this earth who is responsible for this unthinkable tragedy is also the only person who could have stopped it---your son. Yes, I imagine that is a bitter pill to swallow and that denial is much more comfortable for you. And, undoubtedly, believing that his "flood gates" merely opened up out of nowhere one day will certain cushion the blow.

But, know this... denial is a short-lived trap that will catch up with you in a hurry.

Excellent post!

If you can't beat them confuse them lol!

I wouldn't mind her so much if she would turn her volume down! She is so loud!

Actually I take that back. I would still mind her :D

LOL! She's yelling now! LOL!
Entitled much! Object because they want something different that her! No compromising from her! NO WAY!

LOL! She's yelling now! LOL!
Entitled much! Object because they want something different that her! No compromising from her! NO WAY!

I bet she believes she is coming across as very smart and super efficient. I hope she never reads our comments here lol!

I'm sorry ..def. won't argue mitigations except to refer to what they heard and the fact J presented he had MI..( sorry not buying the level he was setting up)..MI just doesn't happen overnight..even Meztner was at a loss how to explain his abilities given the gravity suggested to his conditions..but his opinion is based on HIS impressions POST mass murder by self reporting!!

I've watch far too may cases when self reporting information is somehow deemed as hard evidence..But more often than not NOT bought by juror's ...at least from those cases I watched!!!

If you watch Mr Edwards he is so chilled out. Ms Nelson is about to burst and he is just relaxing and taking her tantrums in his stride.

Is anybody else getting the feigned outrage rather disingenuous....??

Def. is pulling out ALL stops!! ..They don't want to promote mitigations ( after 40 witnesses) But yet want juror's to consider...The longer this goes on....The worse i am feeling about these lawyer's on def. side..Want all ways..change wording...Object to whatever Pros suggests...It's giving me a headache right now!!

LOL..Nelson needs to go to appointment..LOL..another Def. ( tag team) takes over..LOL..how accommodating.....who's this now taking..sounds like ?????????? Whoops..is it still Nelson?? i know it ain't Brady nor King..and see the whole defines team has left....but of J is still sitting there like a ump on a kog..LOl Ohhh just saw high..LOL

With my in-laws- no one speaks about any problems in the family (everything is always rosy)- brushing the junk under the rug for no-one
to see at all times is their motto, so not unusual, IMO.

My family was kinda the same way... at first. But then we realized that the alternative is watching my mom be hospitalized. We still don't really talk about it when she's well (as it's not a very fun topic of conversation) but now we do speak up if we notice her heading towards a manic episode and try to intervene (increase meds, etc.) before it gets to that point. But even in the beginning, none of us would/could ever deny that she was mentally ill if we were asked, point blank, under oath.

Okay, if my son is ill when he's home for Christmas, and I'm concerned... find out his girlfriend broke up with him, he dropped out of graduate school (after trying to get in for a long while)...then a psychiatrist I didn't even know he'd been seeing calls to express her concern about him, and I'm leaving multiple messages that aren't returned...I'd be more than a little concerned, I'd be in Colorado.

I wonder why they didn't check on JH? Especially after letting his boss know he'd have to be gone for just that reason? I'm not suggesting it's his fault, but as a mom, this strikes me as strange, IMO

bbm

Yes, indeed. I'd be in my car heading there before I got off the phone with Dr. Fenton. "No visitors" in jail is one thing, but what in the world kept them for going out there asap? If we knew he wouldn't want to see us, screw that. We'd be there. I was flabbergasted when I heard that. But I'm not in their shoes, so I can say what I want. Something is there, all right. There's an elephant in the room...

I do not think this man knew his son very well.

Just my thoughts, too. They were both uncomfortable in close situations -- when JH was a child, it was easier -- as adults, closeness was difficult. Neither was able or willing to pierce the wall between them. JMHO.

No gay vibe IMO. Plus he joined those women hook up sites, match places and had the girl photo-shoped with him.

Yeah, I'm not sensing that, either. Not at all. I think he did like girls and was truly disappointed at the break-up.

Ha, that is funny!
I'll still call ha cutejenn, stuck ;)

Those frame grabs are really creepy to me. It looks better when watching the vid of the Reid interview. Looks waay more than just a shadow. Let me know if you see it!
P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member