GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the tipster call the school and not LE? How did he/she know Sherry was a teacher? Was it from following the news?

Smelser is the Mayor. Maybe no searches planned in Sidney because they don't believe her body is there but they may be searching across State lines?

I'm just as baffled with this case. Last night I went to bed after reading the report that the anonymous tip was called in at the school on Friday morning and shortly thereafter was when they announced she was deceased.

I tossed and turned wondering how in the world can that be? If the tipster called the school, how can they immediately confirm her death? It made no sense. Did the media get it wrong or what?
I would really like to get the information straight regarding the tip to the school, who made the call, how could it be reliable, etc. if that was reported correctly by the media.

I feel, with due respect to LE, that this should be one area that the agencies should clarify and don't have to keep secret because it involves community communication and protocol.

Not only is this confusing, but it is very unsettling that the chain of communication could be so ambiguous, especially in cases of life and death!

Why did the tipster call the school and not LE? How did he/she know Sherry was a teacher? Was it from following the news?

Even if they did know that Sherry was a teacher and where she taught from following the news, I still don't get why they would call the school instead of LE.

I really hope that they can recover Sherry and bring her home. Since it looks they have arrested two men I hope they can play them against one another and get answers.

Is it possible there is no body left to be found? Wood chipper? Animal? Acid?

Wow...you brought up specifics where I was thinking in generalities. But yes...what if any of these mentioned were what happened? How does an investigation progress from that point?

If the perps are oil workers maybe they had access to some equipment at the oil refinery? Gosh, I don't want to go there......but it may explain why they can't recover her body. :cry:

Smelser is the Mayor. Maybe no searches planned in Sidney because they don't believe her body is there but they may be searching across State lines?

I'm just as baffled with this case. Last night I went to bed after reading the report that the anonymous tip was called in at the school on Friday morning and shortly thereafter was when they announced she was deceased.

I tossed and turned wondering how in the world can that be? If the tipster called the school, how can they immediately confirm her death? It made no sense. Did the media get it wrong or what?

Makes me wonder about the theory that they are saying that Sherry is gone due to something like a large amount of blood. Because right now it looks like LE determined she was dead after the tip and the arrest of the suspects, since they happened one right after the other.

But they would have to have something very solid to say that Sherry is dead, more than just a criminals story or an eye witness' account.

Just as I was about to hit "submitt reply" I looked up at the post and saw the "anonymous tip". If the tip really was anonymous maybe they called it into the school because they want to make certain LE can't figure out who they are.

Also, if it was an anonymous tip its doubtful LE is using the tipsters information as a basis to declare Sherry dead.

Wow...you brought up specifics where I was thinking in generalities. But yes...what if any of these mentioned were what happened? How does an investigation progress from that point?
I could guess at how the investigation could progress but typing the words isnt easy. Residue? Unless an animal is involved.

If the tipster called the school, how can they immediately confirm her death? It made no sense. Did the media get it wrong or what?

I think there are two different phone calls -- one to the police from a tipster, and one from the police to the school -- and a journalist conflated the two.

Because, yeah, there's no way an anonymous person could call the school and they'd immediately post that information to the public! The tipster call must have come the day before, at least.

I agree it's terrible public relations to blame this murder on a whole group of people! Even if he's right and the murderers are oil workers, the majority of law-abiding ones should not have to take any part of the blame. Their only sin is to try to get work in a bad economy....

That said, I do think some of these oil companies could put more resources into the towns they're moving into -- better housing, better security, improved infrastructure. Some towns in Pennsylvania near me have really been run through the wringer. But it's NOT the workers' fault.

If the perps are oil workers maybe they had access to some equipment at the oil refinery? Gosh, I don't want to go there......but it may explain why they can't recover her body. :cry:

Would LE have told the mayor they have suspects and whether or not they are oil workers?

Makes me wonder about the theory that they are saying that Sherry is gone due to something like a large amount of blood. Because right now it looks like LE determined she was dead after the tip and the arrest of the suspects, since they happened one right after the other.

But they would have to have something very solid to say that Sherry is dead, more than just a criminals story or an eye witness' account.

Just as I was about to hit "submitt reply" I looked up at the post and saw the "anonymous tip". If the tip really was anonymous maybe they called it into the school because they want to make certain LE can't figure out who they are.

Also, if it was an anonymous tip its doubtful LE is using the tipsters information as a basis to declare Sherry dead.

Could someone please share with me where the information regarding large amounts of blood was found?
I have seen it referred to a few times in posts, but somehow I missed where the information was found first.
And where was the blood found? Inside a truck or ?
TIA
ETA: Where was the information about the blood originally found..and where was the blood itself found. (I hope this makes sense.)

Could someone please share with me where the information regarding large amounts of blood was found?
I have seen it referred to a few times in posts, but somehow I missed where the information was found first.
TIA

I think it's speculation in trying to determine how they declared her dead without a body.

TIA

Large amounts of blood haven't been found. Its just a theory as to how LE could be sure that Sherry is dead.

There was a case where it was reported that a missing woman was dead before they found her body, after they found the woman and made an arrest it was reported that LE knew she was dead based on how much blood was at the crime scene.

And if there Sherry isn't found doesn't it make convicting her killers that much harder.

I really hope they have a lot more than they are telling us.

Maybe they got a confession.

Ya but wouldn't they want to verify it before making an announcement that she is deceased?

After LE had Victoria Stafford's killers in custody did they report that Tori was dead or was that just assumed to be the case until they found her? Do you remember?

I think there are two different phone calls -- one to the police from a tipster, and one from the police to the school -- and a journalist conflated the two.

Because, yeah, there's no way an anonymous person could call the school and they'd immediately post that information to the public! The tipster call must have come the day before, at least.

I agree it's terrible public relations to blame this murder on a whole group of people! Even if he's right and the murderers are oil workers, the majority of law-abiding ones should not have to take any part of the blame. Their only sin is to try to get work in a bad economy....

That said, I do think some of these oil companies could put more resources into the towns they're moving into -- better housing, better security, improved infrastructure. Some towns in Pennsylvania near me have really been run through the wringer. But it's NOT the workers' fault.

I agree. I think the media messed up on that report.

Is it possible there is no body left to be found? Wood chipper? Animal? Acid?

I could guess at how the investigation could progress but typing the words isnt easy. Residue? Unless an animal is involved.

Horrible thought, but it is a possible scenario. Burning might be another method. :(
Maybe they found enough of Sherry's personal items in the suspect's possession to charge them with kidnapping, and now they're waiting for DNA results to positively identify the remains.

Arnold's family called Sherry a “go-getter” who was “never late” and many appointments she had she arrived ahead of time. A leader, planner, referee, a best friend, beloved daughter; she was a “wonderful wife” and “fantastic mother,” Gary said.

She was strong, he said. She defeated cancer six years ago. “She was a survivor. She came out of the cancer surgery 11 and a half hours, and she surprised the doctors. They expected her to have to walk with a brace, and when she said no, she meant no, and she learned how to walk without the brace – and not only walk but jog and run.” An “exemplary” illustration of the ideal patient.

Her stepdaughter, Catherine Arnold, said she’s reminded of Sherry’s attitude when she thinks of her battle with cancer. If one didn't already know, they wouldn't suspect she had cancer. “Because she was always focused on everybody else,” she said. “And that’s how she was, every single day…She never once strayed away from that.”

http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/14/news/doc4f11cf2f7d942588911429.txt

So sad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members