GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can think of re: truck

They have tissue/DNA on/in truck that verifies Sherry is connected to the truck.

There is video from a local business that shows Sherry and truck in approximate location.

Or maybe a piece of her clothing (one of her mittens or an earring) or some of her hair was in the truck. Or maybe these perps kept her iPod and the police found it when they found these guys.

Thats why you need to only go on organized searches, where you fill out paperwork. Where others keep track of you. Where you go to places of relevance with others, so you can watch out for each other. Etc, etc.
Thanks for the advice. I am really so new to WS, I would need all the helpful hints that a newbie could get.

You had provided a map some ways back. Small street. A field on one side and houses on the other side.

This is just terrible. You would think someone would have heard the accident. So probably it wasn't an accident. Maybe a kidnapping gone bad. She fought them off and was overcome by them. Makes me shiver to think about it.

The link to the map is in my post. :)

And soon to be in my siggy.

I can't understand what is being gained by not telling what sort of vehicle they were driving. In such rural areas, vehicles are noticed more than in cities, and someone would have seen them at some point over the days when Sherrie was first taken. There is too wide an area to be searched, without more information for the public to be of use, IMO.

I agree, that doesnt seem to make sense, but I think most rural residents in this area are still going to report to LE if they saw a strange vehicle parked
anywhere during the days after she went missing , especially if it was at a
abandoned farmstead, because people in these remote areas know their
neighbors and they know their vehicles. So, If someone does report a
vehicle matching the suspects, that would be very valuable information.

The stuff on the shoe (if it exists) could have been dry ice ... or oil residue ... something from the perp.

She might have been kicking at them with her stronger leg and they grabbed her foot and the shoe came off.

This area will not have much in the way of gas stations and surveillance but IMO a "strange vehicle" would stand out in the memory of residents.

If they were connected to the oil industry, other possible states:

OK
WY
(MT, CO, ND, SD) we know about these

This is the company connected to Bakken Fields. (Well, one anyway.)

Didn't Bessie say that Spell had family connections LA, and that maybe there was an oil connection there?

Brand new to this forum, and as you can by my username, am a resident of the crime area. Found this forum yesterday when I first googled the name of the 47 year old when it came out. Spent most of last night reading this thread, very interesting ideas.
I would hope that I can answer some of your questions and vice versa.
And yes, I do personally know Sherry and will do anything to assist in this(I don't know what word to use).

One last post tonight; we have a snowstorm here that is wreaking havoc with the Wi-Fi.

If we find out where Spell's wife.child are it will give us a jumping off point for how Spell and Waters met. I don't feel sorry for Spell, he should have fought for Sherry. Sounds like the family member is making excuses for him.

IIRC PB said that most of the time the women are 120lbs and 5'1" or 2", and they showed her making her prediction. But I agree with you because while I don't know for sure, many woman who are larger than that are abducted by one man.

I'm still going with the accident theory, maybe I'm just hoping that that will be the case. I do think there are reasons why it could be hard for the suspects to lead them to Sherry.

Sometimes pages are loading realllllllllllly slowly for me, but not every time. Anyone else?

Yes to slow loading pages. When slow there is a Looking for r1-ads.ace.advertising.com in the lower left hand corner of my computer. Maybe I should not be posting this, but I have e-mailed them (r1-ads......) twice and have received one e-mail denying they have anything to do with it, and no reply to the second e-mail.
I don't know if this is your problem too, but I am quite frustrated.
JMO

Williams County Sheriff Scott Busching said the two suspects have made court appearances or are in the process. However, the closure of court offices for the weekend and the holiday Monday have confounded efforts to track legal documents filed in their cases. Busching said it's up to prosecutors to determine whether charges will be filed at the state or federal level.

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/fb...04e-11e1-9295-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1jgGK8mfh
Dang missing persons. Don't ya just hate when they get in the way of our holidays? First the lady in Arkansas that messed up Christmas and now this one.

Brand new to this forum, and as you can by my username, am a resident of the crime area. Found this forum yesterday when I first googled the name of the 47 year old when it came out. Spent most of last night reading this thread, very interesting ideas.
And yes, I do personally know Sherry and will do anything to assist in this(I don't know what word to use).

:welcome4:

Thanks for joining us here!

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_8004f278-00d9-500f-9c84-549318d6f3cd.html

In early December, Billings businessman Wayne Wilcox drove seven hours to Williston, the epicenter of what's quickly becoming the largest oil play in the United States, to sell his Big Sky ATMs and video screens that display ads.
"It literally is like a gold rush," he said. "It's like 24th Street in Billings on a Sunday, that's how much traffic there is, and it's all trucks."
In Bozeman over six months, Wilcox sold 15 Advanced Wall Advertising screens.
"I sold that many in a single day in Williston and five more in Sidney the next day," he said.
Atop a drilling rig at a Continental Resources well site between Sidney and Culbertson recently, a siren shrieked a rusty call, telling the roughnecks to add pipe.
The workers slap the high-tech tongs around wet pipe and start the change-out, splattering drilling mud. Drillers have punched two miles straight down at what's called the Jane well site, and it's time to start the curve.

It's NOT just the drilling companies, it's the support staff (construction) too and all those things that drives the economy in the Bakkens Shale area. JMO

Welcome, NEMT! I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for joining us and offering your help!

Article about the oil boom in ND ... has photos too, which might help get an idea of the lack of "surveillance video" possibilities and openness/remoteness of the area. Link

eta
I live in Montana although not near Sidney.

Regarding the latest evening television commentary: I will respectfully continue to disagree with the "kidnapping for a sexual motive/nefarious purpose" theories. I am still desperately hoping for Sherry, her family, everyone, that the kidnapping began as an accident that went awry, and the aggravated kidnapping charges were made because they fled the scene of an accident, perhaps under the influence of alcohol and/or illegal drugs and to avoid prosecution. There is some support for this in the Montana Code (the parts about facilitating felonies and interference with government functions).

http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/mca/45/5/45-5-303.htm

I personally have to believe this, because I want to protect her children from the horror of finding out their mother was violated in her last moments on earth. But what truly happened to Sherry is something we just will not know until her body is found. IMO, one of the inveterate barriers each of us has to protecting our own lives, as well as those of our loved ones is that in general, we tend to underestimate the evil and cruelty other people are capable of. There is an innocence that the people of Sidney, who used to never lock their doors, have lost forever.

As to local information: the weather has gotten colder. The states of Montana and North Dakota together cover a huge area, so the climate and weather are variable, but in general, this winter has thus far been fairly mild, with less snowfall than usual. The eastern Montana/western North Dakota border area tends to get less snow than other areas anyway, but the ground should be frozen. That said, the weather pattern has been shifting this week, bringing a little more snow and colder temperatures. The one good thing: evidence that is on and with Sherry will hopefully be preserved by the cold. When they hid her body from her family and law enforcement, hopefully the suspects protected her body enough from animals, because those could become a problem now.

I know quotes from the Mayor of Sidney have created some frustration in the public eye - I can't really respond to the rest of the country, but I will mention here that more often than not, a mayoral position of a small Montana town is part-time and unpaid. I am pretty sure he has never gotten "Mayor Training" in how to handle the public relations side of a crisis of this magnitude. At least half of everything I say on a daily basis would probably sound really stupid quoted out of context in a national newspaper.

:fireworks::welcome::welcome::fireworks:

I'm sorry everyone, I can't really do the whole typing everything that is on the show.:( I really wish I could, but I type, I pause, I rewind to see if I got it right... I'm just not fast enough.
Thanks for trying...I tried typing a transcript once, and found that it is a good thing I don't have to make a living doing that.

Or maybe a piece of her clothing (one of her mittens or an earring) or some of her hair was in the truck. Or maybe these perps kept her iPod and the police found it when they found these guys.
Or her other shoe. Probably not, but you never know.

I agree, that doesnt seem to make sense, but I think most rural residents in this area are still going to report to LE if they saw a strange vehicle parked
anywhere during the days after she went missing , especially if it was at a
abandoned farmstead, because people in these remote areas know their
neighbors and they know their vehicles. So, If someone does report a
vehicle matching the suspects, that would be very valuable information.

But they are talking about a huge area...do they really want to field calls from people calling about cars or trucks that are nothing like the one these two were driving? What use of time would that be? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa