Could this be Rose? Discussion on possible matches.

You know, after really studying the doe network sketches, and looking at the actual morgue picture, it's no wonder this girl has never been identified. The pictures look nothing like the victim. Even the ears which are clearly visible in the morgue pic are completely different than in the sketches.

After rotating and enlarging the morgue pic and putting it side by side with all of Roses pictures, I keep thinking I'm seeing similar mole and freckle patterns. If you look at a close up of the side view of Rose with her Brothers and the morgue picture, there is a skin bump in the exact same location. (among other stuff I think I'm seeing) I'll write to the LV NY coroners office tonight and have them take a look. I'll let you all know if i hear anything.

I agree with this completely.

As gruesome as they can be, I prefer to look at an actual morgue photo whenever possible.

I agree with this completely.

As gruesome as they can be, I prefer to look at an actual morgue photo whenever possible.

This is scary for me to say, but I am almost 95.999% positive that the above UID is Rose, (I'd bet the farm, but I really live on a farm, and I'd hate to lose it ) I wrote the NV coroners office last night, and spent several hours today enhancing, cropping and filtering the UID pic and Rose's side view pic. (The one with her brothers and showing the same side of her face as the LVNV UID.) I hope I'm wrong, because this UID was brutally murdered, I'd hate to think of Rose ending up like this.

I remember reading about a ring that Rose wore, any family remember what it looked like?

This is scary for me to say, but I am almost 95.999% positive that the above UID is Rose, (I'd bet the farm, but I really live on a farm, and I'd hate to lose it ) I wrote the NV coroners office last night, and spent several hours today enhancing, cropping and filtering the UID pic and Rose's side view pic. (The one with her brothers and showing the same side of her face as the LVNV UID.) I hope I'm wrong, because this UID was brutally murdered, I'd hate to think of Rose ending up like this.

I remember reading about a ring that Rose wore, any family remember what it looked like?

I am so confused, imagine that! Which doe are you refering to, can you post pics here and links? Thanks!

WOOT! It's so nice to see people interested in Rose and her case...she is loved by so many and doesn't even know it!

I don't remember this UID ever being discussed. The first link is the Doe network drawings of her, and the 2nd link is the LV coroners morgue UID picture. Since we never really know how tall Rose grew, (and without proper nutrition is probably not as tall as she might have grown with a stable healthy diet)and eye color is hard to distinguish between brown/green/hazel after death, you never know.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/58ufnv.html

Warning, not for the squeamish
http://www.co.clark.nv.us/coroner/unidentified/photos/unid_indv_79-0968.htm

Christine - it's the one IW spotted and posted in this post.

Second link is a morgue photo, it's not that bad, but it is what it is.

I've looked a little harder at her too and think that it is possible.

PS Sorry for answering for you IW.

anyway you can post a side by side pic of the rotated morgue pic and one of Rose? THANKS

Christine - it's the one IW spotted and posted in this post.

Second link is a morgue photo, it's not that bad, but it is what it is.

I've looked a little harder at her too and think that it is possible.

PS Sorry for answering for you IW.

No problem Lisa, and thanks. I've checked my e-mail 20 times in the last few days to see if the cold case coroners office would write back. I assume they are heavily back logged, and if they did think the 2 where a match, they would contact the family and not me. Hopefully if the family hears anything they will post asap.

This Doe has brown eyes, Rose had Green, olive eyes. But, it could be a misprint/mistake, I have see that a thousand times!

I wonder if this NV Doe has DNA in CODIS, if so, it should have hit when Rose's was entered. Jesse’s DNA sample was profiled and added to CODIS 10/06. The way the CODIS database works, we will only be contacted by the DNA laboratory if there is a potential match to Rose found in the system.
Each time a new DNA profile is added to the database, the computer will automatically compare it to Jesse’s profile, so the search for Rose in the DNA database will never end unless she is found.

I agree that the morgue photo looks like Rose. So much of Rose's story troubles me and keeps me awake at night. Being sent to Synanon was so unfair. She was truly a lost soul.

This Doe has brown eyes, Rose had Green, olive eyes. But, it could be a misprint/mistake, I have see that a thousand times!

I wonder if this NV Doe has DNA in CODIS, if so, it should have hit when Rose's was entered. Jesse’s DNA sample was profiled and added to CODIS 10/06. The way the CODIS database works, we will only be contacted by the DNA laboratory if there is a potential match to Rose found in the system.
Each time a new DNA profile is added to the database, the computer will automatically compare it to Jesse’s profile, so the search for Rose in the DNA database will never end unless she is found.

I know what you mean about the eyes. Remember "DOA cop", aka Mr. Harris who posted here for a while? I think he was the one who originally helped Isabella with getting Rose listed, anyway here is a quote from him on eye color on 4-6-06

doa cop said:
Eye color is difficult - as there are factors that can effect what you see at a post-mortem examination; decomposition, excessive heat, fire, dependant lividity can really make it difficult as well because the eye becomes so conjested and tardeau spots start to appear.

My eyes are very hazel, way more green than brown, and are listed as brown on my drivers licence. Looking at Roses pictures I would see how someone would call them brown as for a lack of a better description, especially post mortem.

I don't know if LV NV Jane Doe has DNA...did they even take samples in 1979? They do have finger prints, but dentals are out. First off Roses have been mixed up/and or lost and LV Jane Doe had dentures.

If Rose was put in the court system, her finger prints are probably somewhere, but since she was a minor when she was originally processed I would suspect they where never entered into any national data base for criminals. This will be a tricky one to rule out if no DNA was taken from the UID. Usually they tell you if DNA is avalible, but this one didn't on either of the web sites.

I stand to be corrected...the Doe Network said DNA WAS available. I wonder how we can tell if it was entered into CODIS? Who do we ask?

ETA: I just wrote again to the LV Coroner and asked they please let me know if this UID has been entered. Hope it pans out.

I stand to be corrected...the Doe Network said DNA WAS avalible. I wonder how we can tell if it was entered into CODIS? Who do we ask?

Great! Ummm, the investigating agency for the Doe? Or email the doe network and inquire?

Good Golly...is every body on vacation or what?? I just called the LV coroners office...Answering machine. Called the Missing Children's clearing house that the UID is also listed on...all on vacation. It'll be some time to find out if DNA has been entered in CODIS I'll keep trying.

Good Golly...is every body on vacation or what?? I just called the LV coroners office...Answering machine. Called the Missing Children's clearing house that the UID is also listed on...all on vacation. It'll be some time to find out if DNA has been entered in CODIS I'll keep trying.

LOL! CustomerNOservice!

How about the FBI? That's who is in charge of CODIS
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/codis/index1.htm

LOL! CustomerNOservice!

How about the FBI? That's who is in charge of CODIS
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/codis/index1.htm

:slap: Well I did speak to a REAL person at the FBI CODIS number. (In the Brochure section of the site) She was very nice, but said I had to speak to someone on the local level to see if the UID has been entered into national database. She also said that since I was not a family member of either Rose or the UID they might not tell me either way. LOL ...If I was a family member of the UID, she wouldn't be a UID would she?

Okay, so this morning I wrote Doe network, called the non-emergency LV police Dept. number and the coroners again. FINALLY, I talked with a man at the coroners office after a lady at the police dept transferred me to a real person. He will call back TODAY with info on the LV UID to let me know if she has been entered. From what he says, I get the impression she has not been.

12:45PM Central

ETA: A detective called back, and she has no idea why the doe network says DNA is available. According to their records, DNA is never mentioned. She's going to talk to the head cold case detective, and have him call me back, and possibly contact Flint LE for Roses prints. I'd really like to have him contact Isabella or Brenda.

Okay, so this morning I wrote Doe network, called the non-emergency LV police Dept. number and the coroners again. FINALLY, I talked with a man at the coroners office after a lady at the police dept transferred me to a real person. He will call back TODAY with info on the LV UID to let me know if she has been entered. From what he says, I get the impression she has not been.

12:45PM Central

ETA: A detective called back, and she has no idea why the doe network says DNA is available. According to their records, DNA is never mentioned. She's going to talk to the head cold case detective, and have him call me back, and possibly contact Flint LE for Roses prints. I'd really like to have him contact Isabella or Brenda.

I will email Isabella and have her check in here to see what has been going on.

I will ask her to PM you iNTERESTED. Thanks!

I will email Isabella and have her check in here to see what has been going on.

I will ask her to PM you iNTERESTED. Thanks!

No problem. The detective had asked specific questions I could not answer. The UID must have a few old skin markers that are not listed for identification purposes. If Rose had a scar, or a mole, birthmark etc. somewhere, they could rule her in or out without going through the entire process, from what I understand. The ring that was mentioned by Brenda at one point could also help, if anyone knew what it looked like.

THe teeth are also a factor, if Rose's family has a history of periodontal disease, that could answer maybe the denture factor. Also, I was thinking about Rose's letter where she said a trucker messed her up when she was hitching a ride. She could have had some knocked out over the years and then found a clinic that helped her to get dentures. I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

A detective is going to run the LV UID fingerprints with prints of those of CA Juvenile prints. If Rose got picked up for any crime in CA and printed when she was still a minor, they should still be in separate CA juvy files. (Of course she would have probably given a fake name, but there could possibly be a picture.) He said the UID prints have been run through local and FBI criminal files with no match. His next step if no match will be to contact Flint, MI LE to see if her prints where taken when she was sentenced to the Synanon.

A detective is going to run the LV UID fingerprints with prints of those of CA Juvenile prints. If Rose got picked up for any crime in CA and printed when she was still a minor, they should still be in separate CA juvy files. (Of course she would have probably given a fake name, but there could possibly be a picture.) He said the UID prints have been run through local and FBI criminal files with no match. His next step if no match will be to contact Flint, MI LE to see if her prints where taken when she was sentenced to the Synanon.

Fantastic, excellent work IW!

Hi All,

I submitted a possible match for Rose to the Flint MI PD. I haven't heard anything from LE, but a reporter contacted me about it. (I wonder how the reporter found out I contacted the police).

I left a VM and replied to his email. I will post here when I speaka to him. If anyone can get in touch with Yannette, please have her contact me ASAP!!

Here is the email I received today:

Hello --

I'm a reporter for the Flint Journal in Flint, Mi. I'm trying to reach
K---- W-------, who recently contacted police about Rose Leanna Cole.

If I've reached the right address, would you please call me at (810)
766-6313? I'd like to pursue this as a possible news story.

Thanks, Ken P.

The Flint Journal, www.flintjournal.com
In Touch, In Depth, Involved
200 E. First St. Flint Mi 48502-1925

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members