SUSPECT: Jonathan David Drew

I was raised and live in LC and I know people that knew Drew and one gal said he tried to force her in a house and this was when they were only about 8-9 yrs old ... Many that knew him said he seemed unstable and others said he seemed normal... We have to remember serial killers don't kill every person they cross..

I lived off of calder rd when they drained the pond at the drew residence. I lived in a trailer park called safari I wonder if that is where drew took his victims. Also my ex had a good friend that found one of the skeletal remains off calder at a horseback riding place a man by the name of Abel owned.

A good friend of mine was the lead detective on the Jessica Cain search. He served the warrant and drained Drew's pond. He said he is 99.5% drew had multiple victims, but drew is not talking at all. My friend is now an attorney but convinced Drew was responsible for Jessica Cain as well

I was close to Drew (never sexual). I have no doubt he is the one that took Jessica. I've even driven that red amigo. Looking back, there is A LOT that makes me cringe. The fact that my grandmother and hers were friends and they'd all been at the same family type function not long before her disappearance (I missed that one and don't believe I ever met Jessica). The way he'd never let me drive away without locking the doors of my car and saying "50% less chance of falling out!" The fact that he had police equipment catalogs in our office at the shop. Showing up with a broken tooth one morning and immediately going to have it fixed. Hell I was on his damn bank account. I've connected so many dots since the news broke about Tina. I'm getting nauseous typing this entry. Sorry to the Drews if you see this as you know who I am.

DD8- I would be very interested in hearing what else you know. <modsnip>

You're right. They have an ideal victim type, generally. Some ARE offenders of opportunity, however.

I was close to Drew (never sexual). I have no doubt he is the one that took Jessica. I've even driven that red amigo. Looking back, there is A LOT that makes me cringe. The fact that my grandmother and hers were friends and they'd all been at the same family type function not long before her disappearance (I missed that one and don't believe I ever met Jessica). The way he'd never let me drive away without locking the doors of my car and saying "50% less chance of falling out!" The fact that he had police equipment catalogs in our office at the shop. Showing up with a broken tooth one morning and immediately going to have it fixed. Hell I was on his damn bank account. I've connected so many dots since the news broke about Tina. I'm getting nauseous typing this entry. Sorry to the Drews if you see this as you know who I am.
Thoughts on the excavation?

I would say it is doubtful. Reece would've been about 37 in 1997 and Drew would've been in his 20s, I believe. There doesn't seem to be any crossover with jobs either. But, stranger things have happened. Drew is known to have had accomplice(s) and the most recent victim to come forward and say Reece abducted her said that he murdered an accomplice in front of her.

Thoughts on the excavation?

Definitely mixed emotions. As much as I want the search to be completed and to get closure for her loved ones, I can't help but feel Reece is screwing with everyone. Although there is a possibility him and Drew were connected. He knew people all over the place and was quite sociable. His friends/acquaintances ranged from much younger to much older than himself. Anything is possible. I was close to him but had no idea what a monster he was! I just can't make myself believe Drew didn't have something to do with Jessica's disappearance.

Drew is known to have had accomplice(s) and the most recent victim to come forward and say Reece abducted her said that he murdered an accomplice in front of her.

Can you provide a source? I tried all sorts of combinations but Google wouldn't come up with more information on that.

Google Anjanette Sorrentino. It was in one of the stories when they first began digging at the E Orem site.

My aunt is the woman who was abducted from the gas station on the corner of 518 and calder by 2 men, taken to the trailor, and raped for hours, released, and who eventually testified. What you do not know is she went on to work in the medical field and was on call the night tina flood was brought into the hospital, and it was from her recognizing similar injuries and such that she was able to identify Tina's abductor as her own (based on the description of the man arrested and the injuries she had). Or at least that's one part of the story I remember hearing. I was young at the time, so my recollection of how that happened may be mistaken, but I will never forget what she and our family went through during the time she was missing. Turns out they had taken and assaulted her just a few streets down(past) from the trailor park she lived in with her husband and small children. I can go into further detail if you wish, so please message me. From what I understand his accomplice was never identified nor arrested. Based on what they both did to her I would hazard to guess if he isn't dead or in prison he has progressed far beyond the horror he inflicted upon her and he needs to be caught asap.

My aunt is the woman who was abducted from the gas station on the corner of 518 and calder by 2 men, taken to the trailor, and raped for hours, released, and who eventually testified. What you do not know is she went on to work in the medical field and was on call the night tina flood was brought into the hospital, and it was from her recognizing similar injuries and such that she was able to identify Tina's abductor as her own (based on the description of the man arrested and the injuries she had). Or at least that's one part of the story I remember hearing. I was young at the time, so my recollection of how that happened may be mistaken, but I will never forget what she and our family went through during the time she was missing. Turns out they had taken and assaulted her just a few streets down(past) from the trailor park she lived in with her husband and small children. I can go into further detail if you wish, so please message me. From what I understand his accomplice was never identified nor arrested. Based on what they both did to her I would hazard to guess if he isn't dead or in prison he has progressed far beyond the horror he inflicted upon her and he needs to be caught asap.

Was she able to provide a description of the 2nd attacker?

WOAH!!!! my head is about to explode from post #20 on I think I have had my mouth open ! And what a collective group on this thread , I haven't seen this many so close to the crimes with knowledge and experience with the perp , I'm kinda in Awe :)

Does anyone have any information about Jonathan David Drew? Specifically family members or older friends?

His appeal of his conviction of murder in the abduction/beating death of Tina Flood states that there were two women who testified that they were abducted from/lived in the area of Calder Rd. Also, one woman testified that Drew and another man abducted her, raped her, and threatened to kill her.

Drew isn't old enough to have committed the known Calder Rd. murders, but an older accomplice might be?

http://www.14thcoa.courts.state.tx.us/case/opinions/021402/991323f.pdf
He had a brother Robby Drew

A good friend of mine was the lead detective on the Jessica Cain search. He served the warrant and drained Drew's pond. He said he is 99.5% drew had multiple victims, but drew is not talking at all. My friend is now an attorney but convinced Drew was responsible for Jessica Cain as well

“On September 1, 2016, a grand jury in Galveston indicted Reece for Jessica's murder.

Reece, a registered sex offender, is suspected or charged in a number of cases involving kidnapping, assaults and murders of young women. He remains behind bars.“

REMEMBERING: Jessica Cain vanished 20 years ago

—-

You're right. They have an ideal victim type, generally. Some ARE offenders of opportunity, however.

Interesting to read this post. I think I recall Reece discussing this exact thing, how he was an opportunistic offender. Seems he favored both older and younger victims, as he has also been identified as the killer of Laura
Smither.

21 years ago today: Laura Smither's disappearance

Accused local serial killer charged in 4th death

“William Lewis Reece, charged in the deaths of 19-year-old Tiffany Johnston, 17-year-old Jessica Cain and 12-year-old Laura Smither, has now been indicted for capital murder in the kidnapping and killing of 20-year-old Kelli Cox.”

Last edited:
Does anyone have any information about Jonathan David Drew? Specifically family members or older friends?

His appeal of his conviction of murder in the abduction/beating death of Tina Flood states that there were two women who testified that they were abducted from/lived in the area of Calder Rd. Also, one woman testified that Drew and another man abducted her, raped her, and threatened to kill her.

Drew isn't old enough to have committed the known Calder Rd. murders, but an older accomplice might be?

http://www.14thcoa.courts.state.tx.us/case/opinions/021402/991323f.pdf
I know the Drew family. We went to the same church in Seabrook with them and my sister and I both babysat for both Robert and Jonathan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back