SUSPECT: Jonathan David Drew

Discussion in 'Texas Killing Fields and Mysteries Along I-45' started by nutkin, Feb 22, 2012.

1. DD8

DD8 Well-Known Member

I doubt I'll ever be convinced that Drew had nothing to do with Jessica Cain...

nutkin likes this.

2. Ms.Jules

Ms.Jules Member

Not sure why you hold that belief when William Reece admitted to it and even led authorities to her body.

margarita25 likes this.
  3. DD8

DD8 Well-Known Member

I doubt I'd believe Reece himself if he said so

nutkin likes this.
  4. DD8

DD8 Well-Known Member

I have my reasons plus it doesn't mean he wasn't involved

sloane7777 likes this.
  5. nutkin

nutkin Well-Known Member

Reese supposedly worked for Robert Abel, who owned Stardust Trail Rides on Calder Rd. That is where the bodies were found in the “Killing Fields” murders.

Drew’s parents lived on Calder Rd and Drew lived with them at some point.

When did Reese work for Abel? When did Drew live on Calder Rd?

Did either of them ever have access to a trailer at the Safari Trailer Park on Calder Rd?

DD8 and sloane7777 like this.
  6. nutkin

nutkin Well-Known Member

I believe Reece and Drew worked together on occasion. Too much overlap in their crimes, where they took place, and the circles they ran in to be a coincidence.

And a separate thought.... Did Drew take teeth from his victims? Did the nurse on duty when Tina Flood was brought in believe she was attacked by the same person because they both had the same tooth extracted by him?

DD8 likes this.
  7. DD8

DD8 Well-Known Member

8. Kdd920

Kdd920 New Member

I dated Jon Drew in high school and again for a brief period after high school. I adored his family and was both shocked and not shocked when I learned of everything the night his arrest in the Tina Flood case was all over the news. My last encounter with him had happened a couple of years prior when for the first time I saw a violent side of him. I managed to get away from him with nothing more than a couple of broken fingers. I remember feeling terrified of him that night. I don’t know how far he would have taken it had I not gotten away from him. I did go to the ER because I originally thought my whole hand was broken. I did give his name at the ER and told them I declined to press charges. I was still in shock over what happened and thought at the time this may have been an isolated incident because I had never seen that side of him in all the years we dated off and on. Of course I wonder all the time if I had pressed charges, it possibly could have prevented him from harming anyone else. I attended parts of trial because I was and still am to a degree, haunted by the mere thought of him. One of the days I attended his trial, I happen to be looking at him, when he all of a sudden decided to look back as though he was just checking the scene. Our eyes locked for about 5 long seconds and he just shook his head as he looked down and placed is face in the palms of his hands...almost shamefully. I’ll never forget the various emotions I felt all at once!
    I always liked his family and although I haven’t communicated with them since before his trial, I have thought about them over the years. I learned of his passing this morning ironically enough. No matter what your opinion is of Jon Drew...he was still a son and a brother that has essentially suffered from losing him to incarceration and now through death and my heart goes out to them for that.
    As for Tina Flood’s family...I will not even begin to say I can imagine. There is nothing that will ever make it quite right. But somehow I pray you have found some level of sanity and peace throughout the years and with the news of his passing.

9. DD8

DD8 Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing. It is a strange feeling. I understand completely how some of us didn't see the dark side.

jennapuppy and Fireflize like this.
  10. DD8

DD8 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Fireflize likes this.