Found Deceased FL - Taylor Wright, 33, Pensacola, 8 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the second PI to go missing in FL recently. I am looking for the WS page for the man that went missing. I believe this summer. I cannot remember the name.

This was my first thought as well. PI Stephen Paoletti went missing in May. Might just be coincidence and that they both have risky professions, but I do wonder if they could have known each other or ever collaborated on a case. Here is SP's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tephen-Paoletti-44-Volusia-County-31-May-2017

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1726047381034766
c7640159874a2297b3250abc16a3b73b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were the texts from her -- or just sent from her phone? Because her phone has not been used since she disappeared. Her vehicle and personal belongings are at her home. What about this is normal? Nothing.

I'm with you alex. A "couple of days" has turned into 11 days. The two years plus list of court filings and Taylor not showing for the August 24 DCA hearing makes my hinky meter spin.

Hopefully she really did need some time to regroup - she seems like a capable person - but here's the red flag for me: If she texted a friend that she needed to get away for a couple of days why then would she need to leave her vehicle and her personal belongings behind?

And if she had the forethought to let a friend know she was taking off why wouldn't she have then let the same friend know she was ok once she was at her destination. Why make her family worry unnecessarily? And why turn her phone off?

To me (so IMO) there's a big difference between wanting some time alone to think and wanting to disappear.

I hope Taylor just made an error in judgment and will return once she realizes her family and friends are worried for her.

ETA: To see the court docs: http://www.okaloosaclerk.com/ Go to Online Services at the bottom right, click "court records" and follow directions to enter the name.

I'm with you alex. A "couple of days" has turned into 11 days. The two years plus list of court filings and Taylor not showing for the August 24 DCA hearing makes my hinky meter spin.

Hopefully she really did need some time to regroup - she seems like a capable person - but here's the red flag for me: If she texted a friend that she needed to get away for a couple of days why then would she need to leave her vehicle and her personal belongings behind?

And if she had the forethought to let a friend know she was taking off why wouldn't she have then let the same friend know she was ok once she was at her destination. Why make her family worry unnecessarily? And why turn her phone off?

To me (so IMO) there's a big difference between wanting some time alone to think and wanting to disappear.

I hope Taylor just made an error in judgment and will return once she realizes her family and friends are worried for her.

ETA: To see the court docs: http://www.okaloosaclerk.com/ Go to Online Services at the bottom right, click "court records" and follow directions to enter the name.

Thanks for the link, Ms. Marple. In looking at the docket, it looks to me that the appeal, initiated by her husband, has been dismissed. Am I not getting the picture here?

Also, when was she ACTUALLY LAST SEEN? We get the text information, that she (allegedly) sent a text the day before she "went missing", but we are never told in any of the articles WHO LAST SAW her, and WHEN DID THEY LAST SEE HER (with their little beady eyes!)?

I understand that LE has stated there is no foul play suspected. I like the sound of that. That means there is no need to designate anyone as a suspect. We don't want to unnecessarily alarm anyone.

[/B]

Thanks for the link, Ms. Marple. In looking at the docket, it looks to me that the appeal, initiated by her husband, has been dismissed. Am I not getting the picture here?

Also, when was she ACTUALLY LAST SEEN? We get the text information, that she (allegedly) sent a text the day before she "went missing", but we are never told in any of the articles WHO LAST SAW her, and WHEN DID THEY LAST SEE HER (with their little beady eyes!)?

I understand that LE has stated there is no foul play suspected. I like the sound of that. That means there is no need to designate anyone as a suspect. We don't want to unnecessarily alarm anyone.
Other way around. Taylor was appealing.

http://law.justia.com/cases/florida/first-district-court-of-appeal/2017/17-2547.html

This divorce was initiated by the husband so when you see (PET) it means petitioner or the ex-husband. Respondent is Taylor.
In this divorce the husband has custody of the child. Taylor has some account or accounts that have money that was ordered to be given to the husband in dividing the assets and/or had been hidden during these proceedings. This is why there are orders to freeze them and orders to Taylor to comply with the orders of the court.

It would not surprise me if she took off for a bit. But at this moment I am keeping everything on the table.

Unless I am mistaken Taylor worked as a police officer in Jacksonville, North Carolina and she is originally from Newtown Connecticut and she presented a plaque to the families in Newtown after the school shooting on behalf of the Jacksonville, North Carolina Police Department. So, she could be in North Carolina or even Connecticut or somewhere else.

Wish we were privy as to why they have ruled out foul play. How can they really rule this out without having found her?

A "couple of days" has turned into 11 days. The two years plus list of court filings and Taylor not showing for the August 24 DCA hearing makes my hinky meter spin.

[H]ere's the red flag for me: If she texted a friend that she needed to get away for a couple of days why then would she need to leave her vehicle and her personal belongings behind?

And if she had the forethought to let a friend know she was taking off why wouldn't she have then let the same friend know she wasok once she was at her destination. Why make her family worry unnecessarily? And why turn her phone off?

[snipped & bolded by me, for emphasis]

Amen. To all of this. Thank you, MsMarple. You make some excellent points. And (IMO) all of your points, point to the obvious: She did not "go missing", or "disappear" (into thin air, or anywhere else, of her own volition). She's "out there", somewhere, but I don't even want to think about it. And I hope that whoever is responsible for her "disappearance" is not in a position of power and authority to pull it off.

With her car & personal belonging at home is what throws up a red flag to me. Questions I have are...Was she dating anyone? If so could she have left with him? Did someone else pick her up? If not, have they checked the area around her home...woods, ponds, etc? It appears her life was in a downward spiral with the divorce & custody of her child.

Yes interesting. Pretty much the same thoughts as here in this discussion. Maybe, LE is working this case similar to the way LE did in recent high profile cases.

Slightly different circumstances but can't help thinking of the recent high profile case in Maryland. Ugh. This divorce situation sounds volatile. Praying she's found safe.

Slightly different circumstances but can't help thinking of the recent high profile case in Maryland. Ugh. This divorce situation sounds volatile. Praying she's found safe.

Especially with a child involved. Was there a custody issue or just financial? It is odd that she didn't have custody unless she willingly gave it to the father, but that is unlikely.

Especially with a child involved. Was there a custody issue or just financial? It is odd that she didn't have custody unless she willingly gave it to the father, but that is unlikely.

I thought her not having custody was interesting too. I just can't imagine she took off without her phone or belongings unless someone is helping her and she's running from some of the legal issues that may stem from the custody agreement. It's never promising for someone to go missing in the midst of divorce/custody proceedings...

That's what I'm wondering. It's pretty hard for a mom to loose custody of her kid(s). The fathers lawyer would of had to prove she was in some way or another unable to care for the child. And then a judge agreeing with that.

Unless she agreed that their child would live and be in the custody of the father/ex husband.

I wonder if she was having any emotional or mental illnesses going on?

I wish I had the same hope that others do that she is just off on her own for a while. I don't. IMO this is bad bad bad. =(

It is said her "personal belongings" were left at home. What does that actually refer to? Clothes? Purse? Glasses? Driver's license? Bank cards? Was she living alone? If so, I wonder how anyone would be able to determine what she took or didn't take with her. She could have had several pairs of glasses, as an example, a visa card nobody knew of, or take clothes she normally doesn't wear. She could have switched her phone off so she doesn't get any calls regarding the stressing issues she is trying to get away from.

As someone mentioned earlier, she could have been picked up by a friend or current love interest, hence she left her car behind.

I just hope she is currently enjoying a time out away from her divorce and custody battles and will return soon. The fact that LE said there's no foul play suspected gives me hope. (Although I've heard them say this before and it was only a strategy - Laura Wallen case.)

Taylor where are you?

Still, if she were to go away to get some "down time", I think she would have told someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get