Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 7.6.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
sterner this time
Pistorius looks relatively calm
Summarising life of Pistorius
I hope she LISTENED to Nel's cross exam of Stolz
Sounds like justification for a reasonable sentencing to come regarding Pistorius' state of mind and conduct

She hates Nel. She tunes him out.

ETA: wow, she just proved me wrong...

Why on earth does she need to go through all this stuff again. It has all been said, repeatedly.

This is actually her job.

She needs to summarise/itemise her findings.

.....proves he is a liar......see

Wow, she's tossing Scholtz out. Yippee.

Masipa simply makes me sick. Have I said that before?

Agreed. Let them sentence him on their conviction of murder.

Judge Leach

5 years suspended coming ?
She's mentioned his legally obtained medication ? what about his illegal medication from his COUSIN Doctor , relationship withheld from Prison/psychologist

Have faith, people. We heard the evidence during sentencing. She can't mess up again. This goes way above her pay grade. It's now political.

Some of that I get, but that his mother was a fearful person and all that other autobiographical stuff?

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman now14 seconds ago

#OscarPistorius Masipa: adds that Pistorius did not lead evidence so Scholtz claims could not be tested. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman now36 seconds ago

#OscarPistorius Masipa: very little weight is given to the evidence of Dr Scholtz because there was no way to test its veracity. BB

Why is he called the accused? Wasn't he found GUILTY already?

missed this

Masipa says she accepts prison official Mashabane's testimony as credible. If you recall, that witness said OP had temper tantrums in jail, that OP was hanging onto meds etc. She also doesn’t accept Scholtz’s evidence and she outlined the reasons, which include that the prof was bad under cross-examination. Big blow for OP.

oooooo!

Finally, Masipa is addressing the murder, stressing that OP mistakenly shot Reeve who he was convinced was intruder.

brilliant . This is what I was hoping for re Scholtz

Op has his eyes closed.

Interests of society must be legitimate interests...

Time: 9:54
Judge stressing again that murder is a serious crime and that it’s immaterial that OP thought it was an intruder. She adds that a deadly weapon was used.

I didn't understand what she was saying about Reeva's father letting something 'slip out' about a fight between OP and Reeva that night....?

Not a shred of evidence to support assumption that he knew it was Reeva...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member