CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said I personally think one if the leads will payoff once Buttonwillow is searched and certain friends start to talk. I know we can't talk about my theory but I do believe there could be a chance based on just what we know to be fact. IMO I actually am more confident that he is alive and missing on his own free will and IMO he would've told his parents until the accident with the SUV happened. Seeking shelter refuge etc... To stay safe before he is ready to talk.

Like I said I personally think one if the leads will payoff once Buttonwillow is searched and certain friends start to talk. I know we can't talk about my theory but I do believe there could be a chance based on just what we know to be fact. IMO I actually am more confident that he is alive and missing on his own free will and IMO he would've told his parents until the accident with the SUV happened. Seeking shelter refuge etc... To stay safe before he is ready to talk.

I don't know. If he was willing to talk to his parents about quitting school, breaking up with his girlfriend, his new endeavors, etc. why wouldn't he be able to talk to his parents about accidentally crashing his car? They had already helped him out and didn't turn their back on him during his mishap in 2012 which tells me he knew that his parents would always be there for him, as they have already proved to be. I can't seem to get a firm grasp on where I think he is; all I know is that my heart sinks every time I think of him in that lake. I just can't go there yet.

have they been doing any searches in ventura?

ETA the reason i ask, is that it's not that far away from santa paula, and i thought i read they were searching there. If it was me, and I didn't want to go home just yet I would probably go someplace like downtown ventura, easy to fit in, right at the ocean, lot's of homeless people, and people that just hang out. It's a fun place to go, and a great place to undetected. I wouldn't have even thought of it, except for the searching in santa paula. Does anyone know why they were searching there? Did someone see him?

I don't know. If he was willing to talk to his parents about quitting school, breaking up with his girlfriend, his new endeavors, etc. why wouldn't he be able to talk to his parents about accidentally crashing his car? They had already helped him out and didn't turn their back on him during his mishap in 2012 which tells me he knew that his parents would always be there for him, as they have already proved to be. I can't seem to get a firm grasp on where I think he is; all I know is that my heart sinks every time I think of him in that lake. I just can't go there yet.

Was the willingness to talk to his parents gone once they had police search him though? As a teacher dealing with troubled youth (NOT saying Bryce is troubled per say), I have seen teenagers act out against authority figures or parents when they feel they are being examined closely or being accused of something. That makes me think B felt his parents were against him after the search, therefore abandoning the scene to avoid consequences. Just my opinion.

What if....

RK is right about everything up until he tries to swim across the lake. DRAGZ did say he liked to swim. Maybe he went down to the water and thought he could swim part of the way but with the head injury, wet clothes and being tired he wasn't able to make it across.

Did they searcht the lower lake? Is it possible a body could get stuck?

Maybe when you are in Buttonwillow you can speak to Christian, the roadside assistance guy.

What about the campgrounds? Did they interview anyone that was camping at the time? If he did walk down the access road to the lower lagoon and opted not to swim across the lagoon but walk along the lagoon. Is it possible he passed through the campground?

Was the willingness to talk to his parents gone once they had police search him though? As a teacher dealing with troubled youth (NOT saying Bryce is troubled per say), I have seen teenagers act out against authority figures or parents when they feel they are being examined closely or being accused of something. That makes me think B felt his parents were against him after the search, therefore abandoning the scene to avoid consequences. Just my opinion.

I can also absolutely get behind that way of thinking, too. He wasn't answering his mom's calls. He wasn't calling her back until forced to by LE. They tracked him down and had the police search his car. Perhaps mom was frustrated and angry that her son had her worrying about his safety all day and she expressed it over the phone to him when they finally spoke. Perhaps he was frustrated and angry at her for the way he felt she was treating him.

I just wonder, if it was a spur of the moment thing and he doesn't have anyone helping him, if he would have been able to disappear and survive without money, food, shelter, etc. for this long or if he wouldn't have contacted SOMEONE by now to let them know he was ok.

19 year olds often view their friends as their family over their actual family.. Especially amongst young people I have previously described. I would not be surprised if he reached out to a friend or acquaintance who is helping or helped him out.

Maybe that's who called the park dept man to report the accident??

I wonder how much investigating they have actually done in and around Buttonwillow up to this point. Obviously, they can't always share the latest info with the public (us), for fear of putting the case in jeopardy somehow. But I would think that if it were my nephew, and he had just spent 10 to 12 hours (more or less) in a tiny town at a rest stop near the freeway on his drive home to see our family, that would have to be highly significant to the case (no matter which theory to which one subscribes)?

JMO, but I don't think they can accurately piece together the whole puzzle by starting at Castaic Lake with an overturned SUV. Something had him hanging out in a town where (supposedly he didn't have any friends) for an awfully long time. Even if it steers them in a different direction altogether, how could it not be significant to the case? Is all I'm thinking, . . . .:twocents:

What if....

RK is right about everything up until he tries to swim across the lake. DRAGZ did say he liked to swim. Maybe he went down to the water and thought he could swim part of the way but with the head injury, wet clothes and being tired he wasn't able to make it across.

If anchors, old boat motors, rusty parts, old cars, and other metal objects dumped on the bottom seems possible to me but I'm just guessing.

The upper lake is very deep 330ft, lower lake is 70feet.

Seems anything is possible after they pulled those two old cars out a lake recently with the bodies of six missing still inside only 12ft down in murky water.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/18/us/oklahoma-lake-car-bodies/index.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cars-skeletal-remains-found-feet-bottom-oklahoma-lake/t/story?id=20293329

Like I said in my theory he didn't want to seem like he let them down again with the accident also didn't want to get in trouble with LE if he did or had something illegal.

What if....

This exact thought did cross my mind. What if he tried to swim but due to an altered mental status (accident or pills, etc), he didn't make it? Went down further out than they checked. :(

If anchors, old boat motors, rusty parts, old cars, and other metal objects dumped on the bottom seems possible to me but I'm just guessing.

The upper lake is very deep 330ft, lower lake is 70feet.

Seems anything is possible after they pulled those two old cars out a lake recently with the bodies of six missing still inside only 12ft down in murky water.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/18/us/oklahoma-lake-car-bodies/index.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cars-skeletal-remains-found-feet-bottom-oklahoma-lake/t/story?id=20293329

Would love to know the temperature of the lake 330 feet down. Just read two articles, one that stated a body, when sinking, will travel down to the lowest point in a lake it can get to without being blocked or stopped by an object and a second which stated that at just 50 degrees bacteria will not thrive and therefore the body will not rise again once it sinks.

Ugh, everyone has me so confused with all the different truck crash scene theories. My question is with all those in mind could he have been trying to drive his truck down the boat launch and into the lake to end his life? He obviously was at a very low point in his life. Breaking off ties and TM's to SD. Could he have been contemplating suicide in Buttonwillow and was there a long time trying to build up enough courage to follow through and how? When the cops searched him it just escalated, added to his already emotional state.

Is there anything guys or gals carry heavy in their trucks like a big jack or tool that Bryce could have used to weight himself down with in the lake if he wanted to harm himself? Are the gas cans filled with gas heavy? Did Christian leave the gas can with Bryce or did he put he gas in the tank. Maybe he never was really out of gas and was traveling with it for other reasons.

I pray Bryce comes home safe very soon so we can end this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ugh, everyone has me so confused with all the different truck crash scene theories. My question is with all those in mind could he have been trying to drive his truck down the boat launch and into the lake to end his life? He obviously was at a very low point in his life. Breaking off ties and TM's to SD. Could he have been contemplating suicide in Buttonwillow and was there a long time trying to build up enough courage to follow through and how? When the cops searched him it just escalated, added to his already emotional state.

Is there anything guys or gals carry heavy in their trucks like a big jack or tool that Bryce could have used to weight himself down with in the lake if he wanted to harm himself? Are the gas cans filled with gas heavy? Did Christian leave the gas can with Bryce or did he put he gas in the tank. Maybe he never was really out of gas and was traveling with it for other reasons.

I pray Bryce comes home safe very soon so we can end this thread.

I don't think he was trying to drive into the lake it wouldn't make since there. He could've easily pulled off at the lower lagoon and probably gotten in there much easier. I still can't buy he was trying to go down that hill you can clearly see that if you some how made it down that hill it would be rather impossible that you could get your car down on all 4 tires it's impossible. I guess I should say the road was cut thru a mountain when they built the road so you can imagine the sides are like walls of dirt. If you can imagine what I'm saying

I don't think he was trying to drive into the lake it wouldn't make since there. He could've easily pulled off at the lower lagoon and probably gotten in there much easier. I still can't buy he was trying to go down that hill you can clearly see that if you some how made it down that hill it would be rather impossible that you could get your car down on all 4 tires it's impossible. I guess I should say the road was cut thru a mountain when they built the road so you can imagine the sides are like walls of dirt. If you can imagine what I'm saying

IIRC it was his first trip driving to LN. It can get dark around there as I've driven back and forth from OC to Pleasanton quite a few times. Mom said LN address was the only one stored on his GPS. Since being Bryce's first time around the lake he didn't know what the heck he was doing. Parents said they weren't camping, lake outdoorsy type people.

Thanks for trying to explain the truck situation but my brain is mush right now after trying to visualize everyone's comments on the location. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member