LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received a response from KATC re: truck towed with LE following. Their response was that they have reached out to authorities and are awaiting a response.

That's because I contacted the person who saw the truck in Texas. With this, there's no one to contact other than LPD and they don't like to tell me
jack ****. If the person who saw the truck doesn't have the plate there's not a whole lot I can find out. If Abdella or Charlie or someone finds out what's what I can get the information then. Nothing came over the scanner, so I don't have anything to go on right now.

IF the truck was towed to BR, this sleuther may be able to help: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8037025&postcount=1380"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25[/ame]

Here is a description of truck:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8037190&postcount=1418"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #25[/ame]

The difference is, if it's on a flatbed truck, you are hauling it, but if it's on a tow truck it's being towed. At least two wheels are still on the ground when you're towing. On a flatbed, the whole thing is off the ground.
You can tow a vehicle with a chain, too, but that requires another person in the car being towed... unless you've got a tow bar.
And I apologize to the poster I quoted for misreading their post... I thought they said they would NOT call a flatbed a tow truck.

I, on the other hand, would call a truck being pulled on two wheels or on a flatbed, a truck being towed. Tomato, tomahto

That was my immediate thought

From other cases I have followed that is how LE transports the vehicles they have picked up. Usually, the tow companies have both.

That friend of Cajuns never did say if it was on a flatbed or being towed.

Received a response from KATC re: truck towed with LE following. Their response was that they have reached out to authorities and are awaiting a response.

Guess, we can't jump to conclusions, but I PMed KATC over 4 hours ago & asked them to verify this.

Hello Everyone. I've been lurking for awhile and decided to come on board now. Speaking of "endangered runaways", I have not seen much talk of this scenario, yet it would probably be the best chances of finding her alive. I know the bike find sets this idea back, but what if that too was intentional on her part. I know everyone will say that as no like her, but it's possible there was a side of her that friends and family did not know about and she just wanted to get away from it all.

Any thoughts on what is being whited out in that picture of her riding past the parked car?

I've thought about it at times. For things to have gone so smoothly, no evidence at any crime scene, it's almost like she had to have gone willingly. Either that or became part of the Witness Protection Program. But......I don't think she would have left her family hanging this long.

Just caught the 6pm news on WAFB with the Shunicks - Charlie still emphatically believes that Mickey is alive. I know on the one hand, that may be wishful thinking, but I do also believe that siblings who are close do have a connection where they can "feel" one another. And I don't mean that in a supernatural or psychic way...I know that I have on several occasions felt sick to my stomach, feeling like something was wrong, prior to getting bad news about a loved one. Once again, I'm NOT talking about any psychic stuff:) I know it's a long shot, and perhaps my own wishful thinking too. JMO
Tonight on 9News at 6, hear from Mickey's sister, Charlie, about the search.

If anything ever happens to me I want ACI and the rest of you on the case!
...of course, you don't know who I am...
If an animal loving "godmother" from GA goes missing, it is probably me.
I seriously doubt I will ever go missing, but just in case, y'all have permission to slueth!

Hello Everyone. I've been lurking for awhile and decided to come on board now. Speaking of "endangered runaways", I have not seen much talk of this scenario, yet it would probably be the best chances of finding her alive. I know the bike find sets this idea back, but what if that too was intentional on her part. I know everyone will say that as no like her, but it's possible there was a side of her that friends and family did not know about and she just wanted to get away from it all.

Any thoughts on what is being whited out in that picture of her riding past the parked car?

Nothing is impossible. However, I don't find it likely even if she "needed to get away", she would choose the day of her younger brother's graduation to do it, or lead her family to believe she was dumped at WB. IMO- there is nothing "whited out" on the picture of her by the school. It is a combination of blown highlights from the walkway lights in front of the school, the angle of the camera on the bank sign that caught the photo, and the exposure settings of the camera.

I've thought about it at times. For things to have gone so smoothly, no evidence at any crime scene, it's almost like she had to have gone willingly. Either that or became part of the Witness Protection Program. But......I don't think she would have left her family hanging this long.

I have considered her going willingly and wanted to get away. But I do not think she would leave her family and pets and friends.

If anything ever happens to me I want ACI and the rest of you on the case!
...of course, you don't know who I am...
If an animal loving "godmother" from GA goes missing, it is probably me.
I seriously doubt I will ever go missing, but just in case, y'all have permission to slueth!

You got it, and can you put it in writing now that we can poke and prod into every nook and cranny of your life until we find you? Even if it offends or makes somebody close to you uncomfortable?

I don't think the witness protection program would work this way, FWIW. It is in their best interests to make their witness disappear as quietly as possible which I think would necessitate informing close friends and family that she is leaving (but not telling them where). Otherwise, they get reported as missing and there could be a media storm which would call unwanted attention to the witness AND probably causing the witness to feel horrible and contact his/her family. JMO JMO JMO

I doubt she went willingly but it is possible. There are also a lot of other cases around the boards here that are just as mysterious---people disappearing with almost no trace.:maddening:

You got it, and can you put it in writing now that we can poke and prod into every nook and cranny of your life until we find you? Even if it offends or makes somebody close to you uncomfortable?

If I am missing, hell yeah! Poke and prod!
and tell my family I said to hire A.C.I., and to fly Chicken in too!

chicken fried and A.C.I. and some of us along for the ride! Love you guys!

Many soldiers have gone to war knowing that if anything happened to them, their family may never know what became of them. Not saying it's her fault at all, and do not mean to sound sexist but she would have known the risk of being a young female alone at night in that part of town. It's not that she should be blamed for having that freedom, but the reality is it immediately puts her in the cross hairs of a certain type of individual.

Now if she had a part in this, of course she would know what her family is going through, but if she felt she had to disappear, it just would have been one of those things that had to be done.

Hey- newbie here. I live locally and have been following this case since day 1 very closely. (Including reading these threads) would like to say great job ACI and chicken fried. I'm certain we may have crossed paths while doing our investigation. :) any info that I can assist with I am more than willing to share my knowledge. To everyone else HELLO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa