WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if everyone is aware of this; the former owner of the CB house has a facebook. I don't think that I can post it? His facebook photo is him standing on the deck of the CD house.

I believe that as long as he is not a minor you can post the link.

I think several people are in a rush to conclude that the pictures are not CB, when there are several of us with CB experience that believe otherwise.

Now let's start talking about the significance of the car's placement, and who might have spent time at this house, etc. Who are those kids in the raft? Any of them friends of MCs?

My family has owned a home for the past 7 years there and I have been on the river thousands of times. I am positive that picture is not CB.

I believe the URL is self-explanatory, if that it is not sufficient, I'd suggest that you, or anyone, give her a call? Why not, if you have questions?

I saw the photo of mackenzie where she was sitting on the big resort sign... wish I could remember where I saw it. I think it said Canyon something...

Anyway, I don't think that her photos were made a CB.

If people are suggesting what I think you are suggesting...I think he is just an unfortunate guy who is probably traumatized by having the car on his property. Why would you call it in on yourself? I have always been impressed by how quickly they did call it in. Most people would have sat on it for awhile in hopes that the person would be coming back soon for the car.

But whoever thinks their kids might know about something this horrific?

The following has been presented and confirmed earlier- several threads back:

- the car was parked on the guy's property, about 1/2 mile up from where most housing on this road ends.
- the car was parked in/near the entrance to a feedlot, located below his home that he passed by on his was down the canyon roa at about 7 PM
- the car was still there when he retured around 8 PM. Not recognizing the car, he got out and took a look at it.
- he called the police

I live up a canyon and if a car sat, unattended for an hour, on my property and I had no idea who it was, I'd call LE for a number of reasons;

1- I'd want to know who's car it was becuase it is on my property, unattended without my permission
2- I'd want LE to do something about this'
3- I'd wonder where the owner/driver was and if he was on my property doing who knows what

And no, I'd don't live up there on PC Rd. I do know RH. I know immediate family as well. I have had dealings with them. All good. He's lived here most of his life. Very respected. Good guy- good family

I agree completely! I don't know the family so I don't have an opinion on them specifically, but it seems natural to wonder whose car is on (or very near) your property and what they would be doing there. It's a remote area and I wouldn't want someone trespassing either!

Because of the nature of the cause of death, I wonder why LE has not asked the public for information regarding anyone that may have appeared to be injured on or after February 9th. I also wonder why they have not asked people to check their garbage cans and dumpsters for anything that may seem out of the ordinary. I believe a couple of months ago, police in Florida were on top of things and searched several garbage trucks for evidence.

They actually searched the landfill & found Somer Thompson there IF that's the case you mean in FL..They also asked ppl to do what you said above & much more..During a presser they listed things to look out for like unusual behavior, quitting a job, moving out of town, change of appearance, etc..Why LE in this case has done none of this is a mystery..Even if they suspect they have the perp they still need EVIDENCE to convict.

To the best of my knowledge, he is not involved in the case. I would rather not. If you look up the property (tax) at CB you can search on facebook for him. I had to log into my facebook to do the search. He uses the shorten version of the name.

Ok... Last night I was burning up some time and my zyrtec-influenced goofiness by looking through a bunch of myspace pages. You know how you start at one place and just end up a million miles (or webpages, as is the case with me) away from where you initially began? Well, that's what happened with me last night. As I looked through all of these myspace pages, I came across a photo that hit my mental funny-bone. It struck me as something I had seen before. Found it on a myspace of someone with the same last name as the property owner where MC's car was recovered. So I posted it on the previous MC thread and asked for opinions. Most people said that, while similar, there were enough differences to assume that the photos were not made at the CB residence where MC's body was recovered.

OK...the photos:

From RH's myspace page:

beachoc.jpg

From a real estate listing for 156 Crescent Bar Road:

cb1te.jpg

Here's a MPEG video of the panoramic view off the deck, just for anyone who hasn't seen this:

http://www.moseslakehouses.com/xsites/ListingAssets/519932/420462/3/156 crescent bar 078.mpg

I screen-capped an image from the video and attached it ... I overlayed an arrow pointing to where I believe MC was found/

Attachments

• 156_CrescentBar.png
    156_CrescentBar.png
    722 KB · Views: 69
~respectfully snipped
People who may be familiar with the CB property:

10) Construction people working inside the home. That home isn't an original mobile home floor plan. Looks like it was gutted and then reinstalled. Look at the counters inside... high dollar. Wonder when the remodel was done?

And wouldn't we like to know this info!

I'm pretty sure if the remodel was extensive, the home owners may have had to get a building permit. Could be wrong. If so, said permit may have details of contractors. Again, could be wrong. Could be worth looking into, tho

Good catch. However, this was covered this last week.

The performance schedule at WHS games changes quite often, at times at the last moment. For various reasons...Often the master schedule for athletics does not get updated correctly, except for actual game info.

I was at that game with a friend. I called him to reconfirm and neither of us recall a performance that night. It was "senior night" for the girls basketball team- the last scheduled game of the year.

I'm pretty sure (99.99%) that there was no Apple-ette performance that night.

The last scheduled game of the season and no Apple-ette performance? Odd?

Igottaknow,

I know we don't sleuth minors and so I won't ask you to post a link, but can you tell me how you found a photoshoot dedicated to MC??

On the FB page of the person who previously owned the CB address, it appears that it was a seasonal or vacation home for him, not a primary address.

He comments in June 2009 on a photo of the CB address that he's hanging out there for the summer.

I don't think so... I think it has to be a person who's been mentioned publicly by the media... if someone can clarify. I don't want to break the rules.

I saw the photo of mackenzie where she was sitting on the big resort sign... wish I could remember where I saw it. I think it said Canyon something...

Anyway, I don't think that her photos were made a CB.

The Senior pictures were taken at Desert Canyon Resort in Orondo; she was sitting on the sign near the pools at the entrance in one photo. The link to the photographer is accurate.

Referencing the initial call about Mackenzies car:

Has anyone found a copy of the call that has the last line included.
"....AND SAYS THERE IS A" (?????)

I'm not sure if it was intentionally cut or accidentally..

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, I've done my best to stay caught up..

10C01196 SUSPICIOUS 20:02:34 02/09/10 CORULLI DOUG ACT

xxxxxx

RED PONTIAC GRAND PRIX LIC/ NOBODY AROUND, HAS BEEN PARKED BY THE RP'S
FEEDLOT FOR THE LAST HOUR. HAS CHILDRENS CLOTHES IN THE BACK.
RP ADVISES THE VEHICLE IS APPROX 1 1/2 MILE UP THE CANYON, AND SAYS THERE IS A

Where's the pool? :waitasec:

Property Information for 156 Crescent Bar Rd
Property Features
Single Family Property
Area: Crescent Bar
County: GRANT
Subdivision: Trinidad
Year Built: 1996
4 total bedroom(s)
2.75 total bath(s)
Approximately 1805 sq. ft.
Swimming pool(s)
Heating features: Electric heat,Forced air heat,Heat pump
View
River view
Waterview
Waterfront property
Approximately 1.7 acre(s)
Lot size is between 1 and 2 acres
School District: Quincy

Exterior Features
Storm windows,Patio,Deck,Inground pool

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/156-Crescent-Bar-Rd_Quincy_WA_98848_1113959186

eta..bad link

I suspect the listing agent was being creative with labeling the spring-fed ponds as 'in-ground pools'.

The call about Mackenzie's car came from 2395 PCR.

Referencing the initial call about Mackenzies car:

Has anyone found a copy of the call that has the last line included.
"....AND SAYS THERE IS A" (?????)

I'm not sure if it was intentionally cut or accidentally..

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, I've done my best to stay caught..

10C01196 SUSPICIOUS 20:02:34 02/09/10 CORULLI DOUG ACT

xxxxxx

RED PONTIAC GRAND PRIX LIC/ NOBODY AROUND, HAS BEEN PARKED BY THE RP'S
FEEDLOT FOR THE LAST HOUR. HAS CHILDRENS CLOTHES IN THE BACK.
RP ADVISES THE VEHICLE IS APPROX 1 1/2 MILE UP THE CANYON, AND SAYS THERE IS A

I for one would like to know how that sentence ends! I find myself wondering if it was intentionally snipped by LE when the call was reported to the paper, or if it is normal for them to report the calls in a truncated manner.

The last scheduled game of the season and no Apple-ette performance? Odd?

No, unfortunately, not that odd. Whereas, when I was in school there were 40+ on the Apple-Ettes and it was a BIG deal to be one, I believe they have only 17 members and don't perform at many school functions.

The band misses half the games too... It's just not a big deal here now. Kind of comes and goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa