WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referencing the initial call about Mackenzies car:

Has anyone found a copy of the call that has the last line included.
"....AND SAYS THERE IS A" (?????)

My guess.

"AND SAYS THERE IS A... PURSE IN THE CAR."

Things that can make serene water bodies break on shore:

Boat wakes
Wind

Absolutely .. in the pic, the water is displaying wind-chop and some swell, but I doubt the Columbia would show out like that against current at 156 CB. Possible, but not likely.

The call about Mackenzie's car came from 2395 PCR.

Snipped From Wenatchee World:

A resident reported finding the car at 8 p.m. and told deputies the car had been there for the previous hour.

Ross Hurd, whose ranch is in the area where the car was found, said Monday night that he did not see anything suspicious that Tuesday. When asked if he was nervous about the situation, he said, “Sure, but we’re the ranchers up here so we are kind of used to being on our own.”

Link: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/16/case-now-turns-to-lab-work-authorities-hope/?online

Sounds to me like SH may have called it in and RH spoke with media.

I screen-capped an image from the video and attached it ... I overlayed an arrow pointing to where I believe MC was found/

Good picture. I think you are right on! I also posted the pictures that del rio took where investigators had marked the areas where MC's body was found. I believe the one with the white marker is where her body was and to the right of that was the spray painted yellow spot which may have had some other type of evidence.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 64
First time poster, long time reader.
The pictures that pufnstuff posted brought back a thought i had a while ago.
PC seems like a place that seeing a car on the side of the road is not so atypical that you would call the police after only an hour of it being there.
During a decent hour 6ish to 8ish why would you be concerned about the car park on the outside of your property.
Just something that I've been thinking about.

I'm not from the area, but relying on descriptions of the area I assume the car was 'out of place' for a mostly resident-traveled road.

But to your point, what if someone simply was visiting?

MC's car was parked in front of one of H's gates ... why would someone who was visiting someone other than the H family park there? Why would they not proceed to park near or next to the house to which they were visiting? Road or topography conditions?

Or perhaps the H's simply are either paranoid or vigilant about strange vehicles parked near their property?

I for one would like to know how that sentence ends! I find myself wondering if it was intentionally snipped by LE when the call was reported to the paper, or if it is normal for them to report the calls in a truncated manner.

It seems to be normal procedure if you look over the list for that day or any other.

Good picture. I think you are right on! I also posted the pictures that del rio took where investigators had marked the areas where MC's body was found. I believe the one with the white marker is where her body was and to the right of that was the spray painted yellow spot which may have had some other type of evidence.

Can anyone tell if this is the "duckblind" spot? IOW! Do you see what looks like one? I have never seen one myself (or heard of one before) so I have NO clue.

Still looking at photos of the Crescent Bar area, and I want to tell those of you who are lucky enough to live in that area... what a BEAUTIFUL place to live. Very lucky, you guys!

Ok... just so that those of us who don't live in the area can get a grasp on it... the aerial photo below shows just how close 156 Crescent Bar is to the resort area.

cb2v.jpg

And this photo is a USCG photo from near the marina looking toward 156 Crescent Bar (I think... locals, correct me if I'm wrong):

cb4m.jpg

Full size of the latter photo available here (HUGE photo):

http://www.uscg.mil/d13/docs/av/crescentbar2007/C_Bar_Outside_Marina.JPG

Now I get it. Thanks Pufnstuf! I could not figure out where the houses fell into place.

As to the discussion a couple pages back of PUD cameras possibly videoing MC at the last publicly known location: According to LE Doug Jones of MC task force, only "some" do not record. Article here:

“We’re looking at all the tapes that are available to us,” Jones said. “Those are key investigative tools.”

That does not include most of the state Department of Transportation cameras set up on highways to show travel conditions, because those cameras do not produce a tape, he said.

“Most of them are point-in-time, and they aren’t hooked to an actual recorder,” he said. The same is true of some of the Chelan County PUD cameras.

Entrance/exit to major area such as boat launch I think would be one of the ones that do record, (but that would just be an assumption.)

Attachments

• 20100218-105446-pic-100680766_r175x200.jpg
    20100218-105446-pic-100680766_r175x200.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 20100218-105446-pic-573674464_r175x200.jpg
    20100218-105446-pic-573674464_r175x200.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20100218-105446-pic-834706348_r175x200.jpg
    20100218-105446-pic-834706348_r175x200.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 43
My guess.

"AND SAYS THERE IS A... PURSE IN THE CAR."

I was wondering about the "purse being left in the car," as well. I spoke to a a few young women in MC's age group, locally, following her disappearance and discovery.

It was communicated to me, from a couple of peers, that "yeah, that's not THAT weird, I always grab my card and phone and put them in my pocket(s), and leave my bag (a.k.a purse) in the car.

I can't argue with that.

We are trying to understand, right? Not from an adult mind, but what is the mindset of our youth?

This is where Mackenzies car was reported to have been found.

These were taken off the WW site.. I wasn't able to find the article so I did a search for MC/PC.. Sorry there is no link to include..if anyone can find the article and post the link I would be grateful...duhh..here's the links to the pics...im so tired!!!

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/photos/2010/feb/18/54675/
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/photos/2010/feb/18/54676/
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/photos/2010/feb/18/54677/

1st and 3rd are pictures, from slightly diff angles looking down PC road. Lot is to the right and the park spot was supposedly right off the pavement where dirt road enters lot.

2nd pic is looking up. Lot/ park space is to the left. In background, RH home is seen up on hill

Here are some more pictures of Crescent Bar.

You'll see a more up-close pictures of the cliffs, a picture showing how rocky the beach is near the area where MC's body was found, an overhead view where you can see some condos, the boat launch and the Columbia River, and a picture of people docked at the area where the boat launch is.

Attachments

• CBView2r.jpg
    CBView2r.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 29
  • get_property_image-42364.jpg
    get_property_image-42364.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 29
  • phoca_thumb_l_129.jpg
    phoca_thumb_l_129.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 33
  • Heading_for_Sandbox.jpg
    Heading_for_Sandbox.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 29
I was just reading the news and found this
http://www.kirotv.com/news/22838548/detail.html
and
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Woman-son-missing-from-crashed-van-87624442.html

Do you think there might be a serial thing going on?

I am so glad you said that. I just saw the news and thought the same thing. There are similarities between MC and this one. The abandoned car off a remote road... Woe.

These articles say the van was completely submerged...the news said partially submerged. Very strange.

I am so glad you said that. I just saw the news and thought the same thing. There are similarities between MC and this one. The abandoned car off a remote road... Woe.

OK, I just had a strange thought.

MC missing on 9th found on 13
crime in 3 counties? or just two

This Lady and son go missing 13
car found in Thurston county which is really close to 3 other adjoining counties

Probably completely unrelated, but what if it was the beginning of a pattern?
Just very weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members