Rant/Emotion Overload

One sentence really jumped out at me from that story:

"I was the neighbor next door, that's what made me so dangerous," Carroll said.

He was undistinguished from any "normal" person for quite some time. That is the problem: they get away with so many offenses before they are "branded." But, sometimes I wish we had special sunglasses that would reveal in invisible ink who the pedophiles are, like in that sci-fi movie about aliens. Only, then, people would complain about "Big Brother."

Some of you may want to Rant & Rave on me but I've got to ask this question about the photos we are seeing of Sandra.
Is it my crummy television, or does this little girl seem to have different hair colors? To me in one photo she's blonde. Then, I see her with two tone hair as if the blond is giving way to a more warm brown. Finally there is a photo where her hair appears almost black or dark brown.
Okay, this does have anything to do with this poor little angel's death and whatever she suffered at the hands of this very evil woman. But, I wanted to know if others also notice the hair color changes.
azwriter

I used to investigate - more assiduously - the big money behind coordinated crimes against children, the human trafficking reality, international in scope, which makes it truly mind boggling, and often makes me prefer to be around furry and feathered friends instead of the humans. It happens that we are all caught in the dance between the sublime beauty and goodness in people and the deepest vilest evil in people. Sigh.

I don't know why Sandra Cantu's murder grabbed me, but perhaps it was the "Hello Kitty" Tshirt that reminded me I can't hide behind my furry friends. But Sandra's murder rang some investigative bells - the generational, business part of it so cleverly hidden behind a church front... and the perp on certain of ThOSE psych meds, it just was so much back to the future.

I got out of it when so many reporter colleagues I knew disappeared or ended up disappeared, or living under threat, e.g., the Juarez House of Death murders and a particular murder of a 9 y/o girl in the fields down there, the whole thing documented in Diana Washington Valdez's book "Harvest of Women" (which included many many little Latinas )... now the bells Sandra's murder were ringing were NOT along those lines, (except I did refer to the Clover Rd Baptist Church as Tracy's House of Death and I have and will have no regrets for that) I guess I'm just going on about how many different WAYS this horror against our weakest unfolds, for so many different insanities - as one can hardly call it "reason".

So Sandra, little girl who skipped into my heart, perhaps you awakened me to the work still unfinished. I will always say brave little one, you deserve a medal of honor for I suspect you took the hit for your 5 y/o friend. I know how little girls stand together to protect each other, when adults just don't listen in time about other adults who are just plain nuts.You get my personal medal of honor, because the truth of what all went on in Pedo Park will likely never be revealed, and you kept your joy held high til the end.

Some of you may want to Rant & Rave on me but I've got to ask this question about the photos we are seeing of Sandra.
Is it my crummy television, or does this little girl seem to have different hair colors? To me in one photo she's blonde. Then, I see her with two tone hair as if the blond is giving way to a more warm brown. Finally there is a photo where her hair appears almost black or dark brown.
Okay, this does have anything to do with this poor little angel's death and whatever she suffered at the hands of this very evil woman. But, I wanted to know if others also notice the hair color changes.
azwriter

No rant at you. Rant at the media. Good question. If a description is given, Media needs to get it right. No it's not brown always, sometimes her hair was blond. Does that mean anything. I guess not. But get it right, please.

He was undistinguished from any "normal" person for quite some time. That is the problem: they get away with so many offenses before they are "branded." But, sometimes I wish we had special sunglasses that would reveal in invisible ink who the pedophiles are, like in that sci-fi movie about aliens. Only, then, people would complain about "Big Brother."

I agree. Pedophiles use their reputations of being nice, the person anyone can count on, to trick their victims. It would be very helpful to be able to identify who these people are, so we can steer our children away from them. Unfortunately, life doesn't work that way.

I remember when my little sister was doing her holy communion, she had to give her first confession in a tiny room with a priest. She came out really quiet and allt he way home she didn't say a word, then suddenly during dinner she blurted out - "The priest looked up my dress, I don't want to go to church no more" - she was about 5 yrs old.

I remember my mom laughing and she didn't believe her, said my sister made it up cuz she didn't want to go to church. My sister is now 24 and still insist he looke dup her skirt.

Listen to your kids.

I think it is wake up call for our nation. No longer can we pretend women cant be child sexual predators or that they are incapable of the most heinous acts imaginable.

I fear for the others ones that must be out there who think they will not be believed if their predator is a woman, especially if she happens to be a family member or a friend of the family.

Sandra captured my heart immediately when I saw her beautiful smiling face and the 17 second video clip will always haunt me until my dying days, I watched this precious child so jubilant and happy. Skipping along like she was so enjoying her life. Then I see her get distracted and stop skipping and instead of going home she goes on down the street never to be seen alive again. And even though I know it is too late for Sandra, I still feel such a urge each time I see it to shout to her "Sandra, don't go, don't go.........go home...run home!" and it makes me feel so helpless and heartbroken.

imo

I remember when my little sister was doing her holy communion, she had to give her first confession in a tiny room with a priest. She came out really quiet and allt he way home she didn't say a word, then suddenly during dinner she blurted out - "The priest looked up my dress, I don't want to go to church no more" - she was about 5 yrs old.

I remember my mom laughing and she didn't believe her, said my sister made it up cuz she didn't want to go to church. My sister is now 24 and still insist he looke dup her skirt.

Listen to your kids.

Yes, LISTEN TO YOUR KIDS! Often people don't want to believe someone is a pedophile, because it is a person they trust. I know people didn't believe me when I told them about how my dad had abused me, because he was such a GREAT GUY!

The last video of Sandra will haunt us all, unfortunately. I still cannot erase the video of Carlie Brucia being abducted by Smith either. :(

OK .. so nobody has answered yet, let me ask again:

Are pedophiles usually violent toward adults or people in general, OTHER than the children they abuse?

I'm asking because, if I come across a missing child, I will NOT let them out of my sight! And I'll tell ya, I'm so pissed at those F'ing jerks out there (abusers), that I'd better find out if they're just cowards to adults or not ... because I just know there's no way, I'll let them walk away with that child!!!

So, do any of you know the 'profile' character of a pedophile/abuser?

We have a pedo here in San Diego who they want to release to the community. Our community, lead mostly by radio host, Rick Roberts, is doing all we can to keep Matthew Hedge away from MY property. The years I've been following this monster, his history is violent acts against children. He's too much of a coward to hurt someone his own age, or someone who can defend him/herself. He's a true monster. Thankfully, a judge ruled that Hedge was ordered placed in the community in a trailer on a site adjacent to Donovan State Prison in Otay Mesa on April 13, 2009. That makes me feel a little bit safer -- but we're not sure how long it's going to last.

Anyway, I feel once a pedo always a pedo. I don't think there's such thing as rehab. Which makes me only imagine that Sandra wasn't the first victim of MH. Pedo's don't normally mess with adults (IMHO).

Best,

Melanie

I think we need a Q and A thread to keep things straight on the rant thread. (We are supposed to use it for the intended purpose.)

Hi. I don't think you're being paranoid at all. The pick-up after school situation never fails to provoke over-protectiveness in me, whether I'm in the role of a teacher or a mom.

I never have and probably never will allow my child to walk home from school.

Are you posting in the Tori case, where she just disappears with a woman after school?

Hi concentric,

No, I haven't been following the Tori case too closely. I'm concerned with that one as well, and haven't posted, as I don't want to jump the gun. But if you're anyone like me, I would never let my 8 year old walk home from school. Why did the parents wait until the evening to report her missing?

On the evening of April 8, 2009, police in Woodstock, Ont. were notified that Tori had gone missing after she didn't come home from school. Police say that after classes let out, it would have taken Tori only a matter of minutes to walk from her school to where she was seen on video.

My son's school is just down the road, and is probably a 10 minute walk -- still I will not let him walk - ever. Where were Tori's parents when she didn't show up at 3:45 (school let out at 3:30).

I guess that's why I haven't posted (but we'll keep that between the 2 of us).

All the best,

Melanie

No worries...I have been just as guilty at answering posts here which we are not supposed to do. ;)

Ooops...I did it again! :doh:

We have a pedo here in San Diego who they want to release to the community. Our community, lead mostly by radio host, Rick Roberts, is doing all we can to keep Matthew Hedge away from MY property. The years I've been following this monster, his history is violent acts against children. He's too much of a coward to hurt someone his own age, or someone who can defend him/herself. He's a true monster. Thankfully, a judge ruled that Hedge was ordered placed in the community in a trailer on a site adjacent to Donovan State Prison in Otay Mesa on April 13, 2009. That makes me feel a little bit safer -- but we're not sure how long it's going to last.

Anyway, I feel once a pedo always a pedo. I don't think there's such thing as rehab. Which makes me only imagine that Sandra wasn't the first victim of MH. Pedo's don't normally mess with adults (IMHO).

Best,

Melanie

Yes. Once a pedophile, always a pedophile. I was talking to my eighteen year old son this afternoon about Sandra Cantu and he said he couldn't understand how grownups would want to do that to children. He was shocked, and sickened when I told him it happens all of the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back