CA - Rancho Tehama - Gunman targets school, random others, kills 5, 14 Nov 2017

It's not good for anything that anyone NEEDS. It's a want vs. need thing. Gives scared people a false sense of security. They see it in the movies and on TV and think it makes them intimidating or even more pathetic, "cool". It's definitely "overkill", pardon the expression, for anyone to have one. I don't care how far out in the boonies you live.

I lived out in the boonies and never needed one. People in other countries live in the boonies and manage to get by. It's definitely a want, because it's cool and fun and you feel like a badazz when firing one, and as long as it's legal there's no reason to justify owning one, yet they often seem compelled to do just that.

It’s all about these crazed killers giving us all these warning signs &our “systems” dealing with them inadequatly and\or ineffectively

I have $%^&ing had it. I've had it. I've had it with violent men and their wounded-ego rage, I'm tired of domestic violence not being taken seriously, and I've freaking had it with this hateful culture of our country. I'm sick of the ignorance, the trolling, the blatant lies and deception, the excusing of disgusting acts because it's "one of theirs." I CANNOT TAKE ONE MORE MINUTE of people wishing death on me and my friends because we aren't exactly the same as them. This was a great experiment, but we're quickly burning ourselves to the ground. This is a sick society, and I now believe it's terminal. Screw it.

Another day, another mass shooting, and still the majority of Americans will not lift even one finger to try and stop it. The problem is not going to solve itself. So it will continue, and get worse. :(

I lived out in the boonies and never needed one. People in other countries live in the boonies and manage to get by. It's definitely a want, because it's cool and fun and you feel like a badazz when firing one, and as long as it's legal there's no reason to justify owning one, yet they often seem compelled to do just that.

I know. I've had this conversation with my FIL and Uncle who both hunt, and lived on farms out in the middle of nowhere. When I asked if people really need semi-automatic weapons, they both just laughed, and said emphatically, "NO".

Another day, another mass shooting, and still the majority of Americans will not lift even one finger to try and stop it. The problem is not going to solve itself. So it will continue, and get worse. :(

Well yes, it will get worse. It's never "the right time" to talk about the real issue with these shootings.

Right so when he was shooting up at the sky in the neighborhood—were the police called? Did they review his record?

Or when he was stabbing someone, why weren’t other weapons confiscated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not good for anything that anyone NEEDS. It's a want vs. need thing. Gives scared people a false sense of security. They see it in the movies and on TV and think it makes them intimidating or even more pathetic, "cool". It's definitely "overkill", pardon the expression, for anyone to have one. I don't care how far out in the boonies you live.

I have a Mossberg 590, pump action that'll get rid of wild dogs, coyotes, javelina, bobcat, whatever.I prefer a revolver for a hand gun. My husband has several semi-autos. I don't use them.

I probably in the minority, as far as gun owners, where I don't see the "use" of 'semi-autos" other than shooting targets at a range. I've seen wanna be hunters ruin the carcass of deer and elk by not taking good aim, because they don't know where the kill shot is, and figure they have a whole clip if the 1st bullet fails to drop their mark. I think it's barbaric even by hunting standards.

I won't even go to the range when friends get together to shoot their semis', just don't feel comfortable around them.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...oting-at-school-other-locations-in-california

[h=1]At Least 4 Victims Killed After Shooting At School, Other Locations In California[/h]
The shooter was killed by police, bringing the total death toll to five. Ten people have been hospitalized, authorities say.
At least two children are among the wounded — a student at Rancho Tehama Elementary School in Tehama County was shot, and another child was shot in a truck along the road, according to county Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston. A woman driving the truck was also shot; all three are being treated.

Just remember, it was a civilian’s semi-automatic weapon that took out the Texas Church shooter’s spree with his semi.
I wouldn’t want to defend a community with a 22 when thecrazed Gunman had an AR-15!

But really it’s all about mental illness & the lack of how to effectively cope with those suffering from rage or psychosis

I have $%^&ing had it. I've had it. I've had it with violent men and their wounded-ego rage, I'm tired of domestic violence not being taken seriously, and I've freaking had it with this hateful culture of our country. I'm sick of the ignorance, the trolling, the blatant lies and deception, the excusing of disgusting acts because it's "one of theirs." I CANNOT TAKE ONE MORE MINUTE of people wishing death on me and my friends because we aren't exactly the same as them. This was a great experiment, but we're quickly burning ourselves to the ground. This is a sick society, and I now believe it's terminal. Screw it.

Wish I could like this twice!

Why say something so hateful about American men? The majority are good people.

Granted, I agree, but there's so much chance in dating, especially if you have kids, I'd not do it again for nothing. This is my 2nd go round. 20+ years. If, my better half goes before me. Widowed, I will stay.

What is the actual purpose of owning a semi automatic gun? Innocent question. If you have a gun in the house, it would be a pistol or rifle for protection right? So a semi that can fire multiple bullets at once is good for what??

A pistol can be a semi-automatic. All that means is that after it fires one shot, it automatically loads the next, into the chamber, to be fired. You still must pull the trigger for each shot fired. Without being modified, it can only fire, as fast as one can pull the trigger, for each shot fired.

A machine gun, is fully automatic, and will fire as long as one pulls the trigger and holds it, or until it runs out of ammo. They can fire around 10 rounds per second. Machine guns are extremely hard to qualify for, and are all but banned, in the United States.

These are machine guns.
[video=youtube;31vm3-BQRJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31vm3-BQRJU[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase