CA - Rancho Tehama - Gunman targets school, random others, kills 5, 14 Nov 2017

Just peeking in to see if the words "mentally ill" popped up and I see it has.

R.I.P. to the victims of yet another domestic terrorist attack. Thankfully he was unable to gain access to the classrooms of the children or if could have been so much worse. Kudos to the teachers and the school for protecting them as much as humanly possible. The poor babies will never be the same and I hope they get the proper counseling.

Just peeking in to see if the words "mentally ill" popped up and I see it has.

R.I.P. to the victims of yet another domestic terrorist attack. Thankfully he was unable to gain access to the classrooms of the children or if could have been so much worse. Kudos to the teachers and the school for protecting them as much as humanly possible. The poor babies will never be the same and I hope they get the proper counseling.

Are you suggesting he wasn't mentally ill? I can't tell by your post.

I agree that I hope the people at the school get proper counseling - mental health is important to take care of. (Though I admit I'm not sure what proper counseling would be.)

jmo

From the article below:

Mr. Johnston said a judge had issued a restraining order against the gunman after the dispute with the neighbor in January. He did not describe what happened between them but said the judge’s order did not prohibit the gunman from possessing firearms.

The killer “is known to law enforcement, but I don’t know him to be a felon,” he added.

California Shooting Leaves at Least 4 Deadhttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/14/us/northern-california-shooting-school.html

A pistol can be a semi-automatic. All that means is that after it fires one shot, it automatically loads the next, into the chamber, to be fired. You still must pull the trigger for each shot fired. Without being modified, it can only fire, as fast as one can pull the trigger, for each shot fired.

A machine gun, is fully automatic, and will fire as long as one pulls the trigger and holds it, or until it runs out of ammo. They can fire around 10 rounds per second. Machine guns are extremely hard to qualify for, and are all but banned, in the United States.

These are machine guns.
[video=youtube;31vm3-BQRJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31vm3-BQRJU[/video]

Knob Creek: Louisville Ky...old stomping ground

FEDERAL LAWS
IMO it's crystal clear, he owned guns illegally per Federal Law.

Federal law prohibits anyone convicted of a misdemeanor or felony domestic violence charge or who is subject to a domestic violence protective order from possessing a firearm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...restrict-domestic-abusers-from-carrying-guns/

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20111212/medical-marijuana

"*advertiser censored*person who actually uses marijuana—medicinally or otherwise—is an "unlawful user of ... [a] controlled substance," because marijuana is defined as a controlled substance and can't legally be prescribed under federal law* If a person admits marijuana use to a licensed firearm dealer, the dealer is prohibited from transferring a firearm*to that person because the dealer will have a "reasonable cause to believe" that the person is an unlawful user."

He said there was a “domestic violence” report Monday involving the gunman, but didn’t provide any further details.

He grew marijuana on his property. Recently she said he began complaining about failing health he attributed to the nearby methamphetamine labs.

She said her brother had struggled with mental illness throughout his life and at times had a violent temper.

http://amp.abcactionnews.com/239915...ed-shooting-rampage-at-elementary-school.html

MOO

Media rocking again with he ought not to have had a gun.

OR

how could he get a gun legally?

IMO meanginless focus

People with suspened liccenses drive all the time

Some folks with mental illness are not focusing on statutes

It against the law to rob banks-- people do it

it illigal to have heroin -- people have heroin

It aganist the law to steal cars - people stral cars

Its against the law to murder someone -- people murder people

There are black markets for everything..

The notion that some law is going to change our nations problem with is IMO ludicrious.

We have had a horrid month. It is worth pointing out , now, that the simple statistic is that non Muslims kill more Americans than those with Muslim associations -- has been that way for decades.

The other reality here is that there are so many guns out there anyhow , at this point , if we suddenly stopped making them -- period- there are so many available.

Folks that intent on engaging in this behavior are going to in one way or another harm others.

Its fact -- America is a violent land - that is our reality.

If we want , at some level IMO to start to address this mess , a authentic starting point , IMO is to start building psyc facilties , where those suffering have a place to be.

That is about money so that wont happen.

Congress bla bla about those bump stock things -- what a bunch of hot air. As far as I know this was the first time LV- one was used.

Banning them does nothing but give congress some meaningless thing to waste their useless time on

I worked with felons (loved em it was amazing work). There is an entire belief system and thinking process about the world around them and most of us.

That is why incarnation has become less and less a deterrent. That is why we often here that most have long criminal histories and have been incarcerated in the past - and have just committed another crime .

We need long term mental health facilities -- where they are treated with dignity. Kinda like nursing homes -- long term placement .

Our current system of 24-72 hour lockups does nothing -- mental illness, generally speaking , is not a curable malady.

Mitigation is needed. Mitigation needs resources.

The human animal feels very uncomfortable with being powerless about some things,

After every mass shooting - embedded int the focus that this the perp had a gun illegally - quietly , in reality what that imo translates to underlying belief that if we just had a law -- we could control this phenomenon

Other nations that do have the correlation between strict gun laws and nowhere near as a violent society imo is about that nations culture before the strict gun laws.

Were a gun hoo society --that is cultural so that fix in our land can not imo alter our trajectory.

moo

The staff who locked the doors are heroes. They saved countless lives.

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/shootings-at-multiple-sites-kill-3-wound-kids-at-school

"Police said surveillance video shows the shooter unsuccessfully trying to enter a nearby elementary school after quick-thinking staff members locked the outside doors and barricaded themselves inside when they heard gunshots."

Why weren't the doors locked to begin with? In the schools my kids attend/have attended, they can enter into a vestibule and then the office staff has to buzz them in for them to come any further inside.

I have $%^&ing had it. I've had it. I've had it with violent men and their wounded-ego rage, I'm tired of domestic violence not being taken seriously, and I've freaking had it with this hateful culture of our country. I'm sick of the ignorance, the trolling, the blatant lies and deception, the excusing of disgusting acts because it's "one of theirs." I CANNOT TAKE ONE MORE MINUTE of people wishing death on me and my friends because we aren't exactly the same as them. This was a great experiment, but we're quickly burning ourselves to the ground. This is a sick society, and I now believe it's terminal. Screw it.

I share your anger over this. I'm tired of hearing LE/judges cannot do anything about a violent domestic terrorizer until he kills someone or others.He terrorized his neighbors! Yet nothing was done!

Knob Creek: Louisville Ky...old stomping ground

Yup, not far from from the Ohio River. It's a pretty big, twice a year, event. Knob Creek whiskey, is made nearby, at the Jim Beam Stillhouse (just trivia).

Media rocking again with he ought not to have had a gun.

OR

how could he get a gun legally?

IMO meanginless focus

People with suspened liccenses drive all the time

Some folks with mental illness are not focusing on statutes

It against the law to rob banks-- people do it

it illigal to have heroin -- people have heroin

It aganist the law to steal cars - people stral cars

Its against the law to murder someone -- people murder people

There are black markets for everything..

The notion that some law is going to change our nations problem with is IMO ludicrious.

We have had a horrid month. It is worth pointing out , now, that the simple statistic is that non Muslims kill more Americans than those with Muslim associations -- has been that way for decades.

The other reality here is that there are so many guns out there anyhow , at this point , if we suddenly stopped making them -- period- there are so many available.

Folks that intent on engaging in this behavior are going to in one way or another harm others.

Its fact -- America is a violent land - that is our reality.

If we want , at some level IMO to start to address this mess , a authentic starting point , IMO is to start building psyc facilties , where those suffering have a place to be.

That is about money so that wont happen.

Congress bla bla about those bump stock things -- what a bunch of hot air. As far as I know this was the first time LV- one was used.

Banning them does nothing but give congress some meaningless thing to waste their useless time on

I worked with felons (loved em it was amazing work). There is an entire belief system and thinking process about the world around them and most of us.

That is why incarnation has become less and less a deterrent. That is why we often here that most have long criminal histories and have been incarcerated in the past - and have just committed another crime .

We need long term mental health facilities -- where they are treated with dignity. Kinda like nursing homes -- long term placement .

Our current system of 24-72 hour lockups does nothing -- mental illness, generally speaking , is not a curable malady.

Mitigation is needed. Mitigation needs resources.

The human animal feels very uncomfortable with being powerless about some things,

After every mass shooting - embedded int the focus that this the perp had a gun illegally - quietly , in reality what that imo translates to underlying belief that if we just had a law -- we could control this phenomenon

Other nations that do have the correlation between strict gun laws and nowhere near as a violent society imo is about that nations culture before the strict gun laws.

Were a gun hoo society --that is cultural so that fix in our land can not imo alter our trajectory.

moo

Agreed. People need real treatment. Not just stuck in a 6x9 cell for months, or years, and then spit out onto the street, get a job, go see your parole officer and be a good boy. It does not work that way. Especially if you have a person who has mental health issues. Those aren't addressed inside. Once you have a felony in this country, you are legally permitted, to be treated like a second class citizen, even though you have "paid your debt to society." You can't ever even vote again!

I guess someone should have called the FBI instead of local law enforcement.
Even if he told local LE he had no guns, the call from the neighbor that he was shooting off rounds should have been a red flag.
They can't even have ammo.
If police aren't gonna enforce the laws, when called and told he had weapons, what good are they?

Under California law, a variety of people are prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms or ammunition, including domestic abusers

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/californias-new-gun-violence-restraining-order-law/

https://www.justice.gov/usam/crimin...ons-possession-firearms-individuals-convicted

MOO

I guess someone should have called the FBI instead of local law enforcement.
Even if he told local LE he had no guns, the call from the neighbor that he was shooting off rounds should have been a red flag.
They can't even have ammo.
If police aren't gonna enforce the laws, when called and told he had weapons, what good are they?

Under California law, a variety of people are prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms or ammunition, including domestic abusers

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/californias-new-gun-violence-restraining-order-law/

https://www.justice.gov/usam/crimin...ons-possession-firearms-individuals-convicted

MOO

If LE cannot help then what? The neighbors obviously did the right thing.

Wife of gunman found dead in home. Brings toll to 6 dead. [video=twitter;930861281619431432]https://twitter.com/AP/status/930861281619431432[/video]

MOO

The day before the shooting, police were sent to Neal's home on a domestic violence call, but no other details on the matter were immediately released.

Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said Wednesday they found the body of Kevin Neal’s wife in the floor boards inside their home. He said they believe her fatal shooting was what triggered his 45-minute rampage.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/1...rustrated-by-ongoing-feud-with-neighbors.html

MOO

the murderer had 9 dogs. Like always, I hope those dogs are safe, rescued and loved. Aside from that, I'm at a loss as to what else to say or do. Feeling helpless in the face of something like this, what can we do... yes, donate money and time, but what else, in the bigger scheme?... I know there is a time and place for this discussion everywhere.

The day before the shooting, police were sent to Neal's home on a domestic violence call, but no other details on the matter were immediately released.

Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said Wednesday they found the body of Kevin Neal’s wife in the floor boards inside their home. He said they believe her fatal shooting was what triggered his 45-minute rampage.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/1...rustrated-by-ongoing-feud-with-neighbors.html

MOO

in the floor boards?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard