GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

I think Joseline worked from 10:15 pm to 7:15 am so what time did Jorelys leave for school? Is there a reason Joseline didn't she her daughter that particular morning? It seems strange to me why Joseline said she didn't see her eldest daughter at all on Friday. Joseline said she was asleep when her daughter returned home from school too.

Does Joseline own a vehicle? She lived with a coworker.

How long did it take Joseline to drive to work?

"She's innocent," Joseline said. "She's a little angel. She doesn't know what she's doing. She doesn't know why they took her. Give her back."

Asansa added that she went outside to help Friday night and asked Jorelys’ mother if she could be of assistance.

“She didn’t say anything,” Asansa said. “She looked like she was in shock.”

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/215763/3/Tips-but-no-solid-leads-in-search-for-missing-girl-7

BEM: I can only imagine. Her life is changed forever, so sad.

BBM: ??? What? I think he was just speculating as we all would . . .

He was only employed here < than a month. How about others who've been here longer . . . Justice for Ryan!

<Mod Snip>I could be wrong but my money says RB failed all interviews with flying colors. I'm sure the others "who've been here longer" just happened to have alibis that just happened to check out, completed the interview process and were seen as not being suspicious.

Since RB's arrest there has been additional evidence that has been processed through the lab and solidified the case against him. I have to assume this is true because if the evidence did not point to RB then someone else would be in custody

and they are not.

Sorry but anyone who allows a child outside by themselves is foolish.In today's world esp in an apartment complex out by themselves is negligent IMO.If she did have a babysitter she should have made sure the sitter did not leave any of her children by themselves or fired her.It is a shame our world is like this but unattended children are a predators dream and a family's worst nightmare.I lived in a wonderful appt complex in 1977,even then no kids were outside without an adult ever.

You may have an attorney there to represent your interests during any questioning by police, however, police are not required to tell you that. They are required to Miranda you once they take you into custody/place you under arrest. But if you go in willingly to answer questions during an investigation you are there for simply that, to answer questions. If you wish to leave, you have every right to do so, right up until they arrest you.

I am betting many people were interviewed and questioned during this investigation. RB was questioned for as long as he was because his story was not adding up IMO. Had he decided to exercise his right to end the session he could have done so.

Keenan didn't say they interviewed Brunn - he only said they kept him under surveillance so this information is false.

Very interesting.

I'm sure they are wanting an iron clad case that even a jury travelling from Florida can't muck up.

I think the people who know what happened to Jorelys are too afraid to speak up right now but that will change after a few months.

Jorelys' body wasn't bagged if LE found her while 'sifting" through the garbage. IF she had been in a bag, they would have said 'they found her inside a trash bag.' JMO

<snipped>

While investigators had searched other dumpsters in the complex over the weekend, the contents of the dumpster where her body was found were compacted and could not be searched until the owner of the dumpster moved it to another location. Investigators found Jorelys' body while sifting through the dumpster's contents in an open field off Reinhardt College Parkway Monday afternoon.

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/215763/3/Tips-but-no-solid-leads-in-search-for-missing-girl-7

The verb "sifting" was not a direct quote from GBI...media used that word and I don't trust the media to know the exact message or info.

Did GBI actual say the interviewed RB for 14 hrs...or once again did that come from the media? If GBI started tracking RB on Tuesday night and he was arrested Wed a little after 12pm, then I don't think GBI had the time to "interview" him for 14 hrs.

I think Joseline worked from 10:15 pm to 7:15 am so what time did Jorelys leave for school? Is there a reason Joseline didn't she her daughter that particular morning? It seems strange to me why Joseline said she didn't see her eldest daughter at all on Friday. Joseline said she was asleep when her daughter returned home from school too.

Jorelys had already left for school by 7:15. The bus probably picked her up much earlier. The buses bring students in time to eat breakfast before school.
http://www.cherokee.k12.ga.us/Schoo...Information/Student Arrival and Departure.pdf

Student Arrival and Departure
Student arrival:
7:10 drop-off by bus or car
7:30 suggested time to report to classroom
7:45 Tardy bell for attendance and official instructional day begins
2:15 Dismissal

Official school day hours are 7:45-2:15.

Breakfast Menu:
http://portal.cherokee.k12.ga.us/departments/food/Documents/Elementary Menu.pdf

:floorlaugh:I could be wrong but my money says RB failed all interviews with flying colors. I'm sure the others "who've been here longer" just happened to have alibis that just happened to check out, completed the interview process and were seen as not being suspicious.

Since RB's arrest there has been additional evidence that has been processed through the lab and solidified the case against him. I have to assume this is true because if the evidence did not point to RB then someone else would be in custody

and they are not.

:tyou:

There has not been any warnings or alerts of a possible accomplice or additional suspects or POI's. If there was any doubt what-so-ever that there was still a child killer on the loose, everyone in the area would be notified. This is a public safety issue.

The verb "sifting" was not a direct quote from GBI...media used that word and I don't trust the media to know the exact message or info.

Did GBI actual say the interviewed RB for 14 hrs...or once again did that come from the media? If GBI started tracking RB on Tuesday night and he was arrested Wed a little after 12pm, then I don't think GBI had the time to "interview" him for 14 hrs.

The 14 hours interviewed came from CB.

Snipped

Q: When you talked to him over the last couple of days, was he scared of being arrested?

A: Yes, he was very scared. He didn't know what to think. Because he was being questioned for the last fourteen hours and whatnot and he just doesn't know - doesn't - thing is, he's never been arrested before. He's never went to jail. He's never been in the back of a cop car. Just been a good kid. This -- just out of the blue. This is something crazy.

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/...-arrest?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Snipped

Q: When you talked to him over the last couple of days, was he scared of being arrested?

A: Yes, he was very scared. He didn't know what to think. Because he was being questioned for the last fourteen hours and whatnot and he just doesn't know - doesn't - thing is, he's never been arrested before. He's never went to jail. He's never been in the back of a cop car. Just been a good kid. This -- just out of the blue. This is something crazy.

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/...-arrest?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

That explains a lot. Now my question is why didn't his mom, sister, or one of the brothers drive the 45 minutes to be with RB while he was being questioned (whatever amount of time)? Why hasn't the father (who RB reportedly lived with for a short while) made ANY type of statement? It is odd to me that CB (in high school) be the family spokesperson. Where are the adults?

Snipped

So our only source for this Bolded information is RB (via his brother)? :eek:hdear:

So our only source for this Bolded information is RB? :eek:hdear:

Indeed. And we all know how truthful RB can be. Case in point, his truthfulness regarding he was on the Friday night Jorelys was murdered. :banghead:

I have to agree with you on this one. Ryan Brunn was so sure of himself with what he was doing. His confidence was high. Remember what he said to the neighbor something like this "it was easy to break into those apartments and that someone could have done that to get one of these kids.":candle: Believe me. He wouldn't have said that unless he had thought of doing just that. It is odd how someone can do something like this (to JR), and feel like they can get away with it. They feel untouchable. They feel superior. The act of extreme violence against the innocent cast a shadow on their loved ones. These type of acts should point directly to the perp. The perp should be the one to bear the heavy load of their actions.

I hope you never learn who I really am or you'll have me convicted of
stealing from stores (I was a retail store manager), kidnapping children (I've been on this board for many, many years following tons of cases and have speculated alot), offing a child abuser, and causing multitudes of car accidents (impatience for slow poke drivers on various Atlanta highways).

I need real evidence that RB did this. I'm not saying he's innocent, I just can't jump on the 'hang him now' bandwagon. I want to know that JR's blood was found on his clothes, in his apartment, or his dna was on her. I could convict him if he made damning statements to LE, but I can't say he's guilty because he made a comment to a neighbor when another kid was missing. I'm thinking that any one of us would have said something like that to her being the sleuthers that we are. Wouldn't it be sad if someone dragged him into an empty building in NY and molested him as a child?

Basically, I'm saying we just don't know what they have on him, but I sure hope its more than that. Oh does, anyone remember Richard Jewel? The GBI and the feds were involved in that one.

Indeed. And we all know how truthful RB can be. Case in point, his truthfulness regarding he was on the Friday night Jorelys was murdered. :banghead:

Do "we all know how truthful RB can be"? I have no idea :fence: until evidence is presented

Do we know anything? LE is tight-lipped about this. Last I read they are still piecing together an investigation & possibly searching for other suspects . . . did they ever find Jorelys' notebook/diary? Answers are in there.

I think she may have had an older "boyfriend". Opinion only.

Oh yeah, and the internal affairs report on the handling of the case in the early stages:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/internal-affairs-report-released-jorelys-rivera-ca/nF68Y/

Do "we all know how truthful RB can be"? I have no idea :fence: until evidence is presented

Do we know anything? LE is tight-lipped about this. Last I read they are still piecing together an investigation & possibly searching for other suspects . . . did they ever find Jorelys' notebook/diary? Answers are in there.

I think she may have had an older "boyfriend". Opinion only.

Oh yeah, and the internal affairs report on the handling of the case in the early stages:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/internal-affairs-report-released-jorelys-rivera-ca/nF68Y/

Well since one of the things that lead them to arresting RB was the fact that he lied about being at Walmart, to law enforcement, and it could be verified that he was not there, I'm guessing that we have a good idea RB is okay with lying. :crazy:

You think a seven year old had an older boyfriend? She just got her two front teeth in this year. :waitasec:

I hope you never learn who I really am or you'll have me convicted of
stealing from stores (I was a retail store manager), kidnapping children (I've been on this board for many, many years following tons of cases and have speculated alot), offing a child abuser, and causing multitudes of car accidents (impatience for slow poke drivers on various Atlanta highways).

I need real evidence that RB did this. I'm not saying he's innocent, I just can't jump on the 'hang him now' bandwagon. I want to know that JR's blood was found on his clothes, in his apartment, or his dna was on her. I could convict him if he made damning statements to LE, but I can't say he's guilty because he made a comment to a neighbor when another kid was missing. I'm thinking that any one of us would have said something like that to her being the sleuthers that we are. Wouldn't it be sad if someone dragged him into an empty building in NY and molested him as a child?

Basically, I'm saying we just don't know what they have on him, but I sure hope its more than that. Oh does, anyone remember Richard Jewel? The GBI and the feds were involved in that one.

BBM

But Richard Jewel was never arrested. The media may have raked Richard Jewel over the coals, trial by media and all that jazz, but the GBI nor the FBI ever erroneously arrested him, AFAIK.

IIRC, Vernon Kennan said (the day before RB was arrested I believe) something about it only taking 24 hours for preliminary DNA to come back. Next day they arrest Brunn. While I agree, without seeing the evidence and knowing the test results, we can't KNOW if he's guilty, not yet, I'm 99.999% Vernon Keenan and the rest of LE knows he's guilty (and acted alone) and knew it just from prelim test results ... and probably from evidence they took out of his apartment as well. Moo! :seeya:

Well since one of the things that lead them to arresting RB was the fact that he lied about being at Walmart, to law enforcement, and it could be verified that he was not there, I'm guessing that we have a good idea RB is okay with lying. :crazy:

You think a seven year old had an older boyfriend? She just got her two front teeth in this year. :waitasec:

wasn't Walmart he was shopping therefore he would not be on Walmart's video, he was at KMart (according to FB) & I've heard nothing from LE about that.

I don't know if RB is okay with lying or not - his family is saying this is not something he would/could do . . . those are the people who know him.

And yes, I do believe there is more involved than we are privy to & Jorelys' diary is key.

Jorelys had already left for school by 7:15. The bus probably picked her up much earlier. The buses bring students in time to eat breakfast before school.
http://www.cherokee.k12.ga.us/Schoo...Information/Student Arrival and Departure.pdf

Student Arrival and Departure
Student arrival:
7:10 drop-off by bus or car
7:30 suggested time to report to classroom
7:45 Tardy bell for attendance and official instructional day begins
2:15 Dismissal

Official school day hours are 7:45-2:15.

Breakfast Menu:
http://portal.cherokee.k12.ga.us/departments/food/Documents/Elementary Menu.pdf

Jorelys needed to be woken up very early everyday of the week in order to prepare for school and on Friday morning it was the live-in teenager's responsibility to ensure Jorelys arrived at the bus stop on time.

We don't know what mood the babysitter was in and what the atmosphere was in the home.
Her responsibilities included caring for 2 very young children simultaneously. If the babysitter had to accompany Jorelys to the bus stop, this meant she had to bring Jorelys' two young siblings with her.

On Friday, December 2nd, Joseline and her roommate/coworker allegedly worked the graveyard shift and the graveyard shift ended when Jorelys should have been at the bus stop waiting for her bus to arrive.

The babysitter was in charge of the children Friday morning so the babysitter and children know what happened inside the home. I wonder if there was any abuse going on that the mother wasn't aware of? I think the girl who is Jorely's older sister can talk because when Joseline took her to a neighbor's apartment to ask if Jorelys was there, the media report said Jorelys' sister asked the person who answered the door if her sister was there while their mother remained silent.

We don't know if Jorelys showed up at school Friday morning and whether the mother and her coworker left work early or showed up that day and unfortunately we can't access these records but Jorelys school records and Joseline and her live-in coworker's work schedule for Friday, Dec 2nd needs to be reviewed.

I think it would be difficult to arouse a child out of a deep sleep and I don't know what type of relationship Jorelys had with her 17 y.o. caretaker. What techniques did she use to wake Jorelys up with? Did she yell and scream at her, throw cold water on her face and slap her? Was the 17 y.o. a patient and caring caregiver? Who was in charge of disciplining the children? Did the mother call in and check on her children throughout the day and converse often with the babysitter?

wasn't Walmart he was shopping therefore he would not be on Walmart's video, he was at KMart (according to FB) & I've heard nothing from LE about that.

I don't know if RB is okay with lying or not - his family is saying this is not something he would/could do . . . those are the people who know him.

And yes, I do believe there is more involved than we are privy to & Jorelys' diary is key.

Respectfully, lots of murderer's families (parents, wives, children) don't believe or want to believe their loved ones are capable of doing such things. Strangely, we haven't heard a single thing from RB's adoptive mother or father/stepfather. Just two adoptive siblings who also didn't show up at the courthouse. Also, IIRC, the older of the two 'brothers' had also initially made a post on his Facebook wall to the tune of, "I don't know what to think--how could he do something like this. If he did do it, he's still my brother..."
I'll see if I can find that.

Regarding Wal-Mart/KMart, sorry, all the articles I've been reading state Walmart. Have they changed the reports?

During an interview with detectives, Brunn said he was at Walmart at the time of Jorelys' abduction and murder, 11Alive's Kevin Rowson reported.

But, after investigators checked security videos at the Walmart, Rowson reported that they were able to conclude that Brunn's alibi didn't hold up.

Regarding Wal-Mart/KMart, sorry, all the articles I've been reading state Walmart. Have they changed the reports?

During an interview with detectives, Brunn said he was at Walmart at the time of Jorelys' abduction and murder, 11Alive's Kevin Rowson reported.

But, after investigators checked security videos at the Walmart, Rowson reported that they were able to conclude that Brunn's alibi didn't hold up.

It was not in MSM as I indicated in my original post; it was posted on FB he was at KMart, not WM, therefore there would be no video of him at WM . . .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back