Drew Peterson's Trial *THIRD WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
His 18 yr old was the valedictorian. So he is a very intelligent young man. But he believes 100% in his dad's innocence. So I wonder what he thinks happened to his mother. Does he believe she fell and bumped her head and died?

Once he is finished with school and is self--supporting, he might be better able to handle the obvious truth. He may not be able to handle the trauma at this point in his life.

On the other hand, we have seen evidence that his father has no moral problem getting rid of even those he has professed to love. In addition, we are seeing how pervasive the network of evil is in Drew's sphere. Maybe this unfortunate young man has had his life threatened, or the lives of his siblings. I don't find that unlikely at all. So what choice does he really have? If the subhuman would murder his mother, why not him? Or have those on the " outside" do it, or at least threaten to.

Conversely, maybe bribes were used rather than threats. With everything his father 'has' on other morally bankrupt insiders, I'd think many of them are wanting to be VERY generous towards Peterson's offspring.

Yep, if I were in his shoes, I might NEVER feel safe telling the truth about his poor mom's heinous murder and his stepmother's violent and gruesome homicide while he was even in the same house!

On the other hand, maybe after DP is put away for good, this young man will write a tell-all book. I would read it. I just hope he is not morally bankrupt like his sperm donor.

Snipped and BBM: In a way, I hope the defense team does bring up Stacy because it will "backfire" on them !

The DT has been "whining like babies" to keep Stacy's name out of this trial, so I hope they "slip up" and do something stupid like that ... LOL !

:waitasec: Well, that probably won't happen and of course, the DT's "friend", the "judge", will give them whatever they want ...

Oh, and IF they point the finger at the "teenage neighbor", that is LOW and a true sign of desperation by DP and his DT !

:moo:

Since the DT found it a funny idea to put Stacy on their witness list, IF she had, say, been in hiding & actually walked through door of the courtroom:woohoo: does anyone know if they would be forced to call her? Or would it at least allow the PT to? (wishful thinking outloud!) As for the defense slipping up by bringing her name/disappearance in, really don't think that's gonna happen, dang it! But if they did it, the judge would probably tell the jury to disregard it anyway! I just pray the PT doesn't screw up anymore! Wanted to acknowledge the hilarious, yet very helpful, comments made by MrsPC & atthelake at 3:00a.m., your investigative techniques involving the shins meeting the toilet bowl are great! (Even at 3 in the morning!!) It's nice to know that I'm not the only one loosing sleep over this. The whole thing is affecting me like no other case ever has...I even dreamed about the courtroom being some kind of circus with witnesses participating in some sort of 'try out'! It makes me nutty, I know, & would NEVER have told a soul, until I read those! LOL! Again, thank you everyone for sharing so much; theory's, links, testimony, etc. Atthelake, please let us know how everything seems to go this week while you're there! Am praying you get a really positive, good feel from the jury! Also wanted to mention that according to DT on Judge Jeanine on Sat, (new fan here!) they alluded they will never refer to KS's death as anything but an accident...

Is the oldest son on the defense witness list?

All I could find is an article stating Stacy in on the defense witness list. It appears neither the pros or the def have published their lists for us average people.

Sneed has learned the name of Stacy Peterson, the missing fourth wife of accused wife murderer Drew Peterson, is on a witness list to potentially appear in the murder trial this month of Peterson’s third wife, Kathleen Savio.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/...ns-trial-witness-list-contains-a-shocker.html

they saw their father dragging their mother around the house.
This young man was very young when this happened and is still becoming an adult. To lose one's mother at any age is hard and especially as a child. To have the possibility of homicide by the other parent is obviously unthinkable for them......it may be subconscious though.
The trauma of losing his mother so young, having lived in a home with DV, and then his fathers subsequent arrest and jail time...I would think that he has been a valiant soldier and hasn't taken the time to process any of it emotionally.
To accept and process that any of this were true would be so psychologically upsetting to anyone that they would need to be in intensive treatment.
I think that these boys have been just surviving and have compartmentalized or repressed their memories in order to get by.

QUOTE=Wishbone;8282793]Because you asked.....Here's a sample of what his kids believe.

“Nobody is pulling the wool over my eyes. I know to an absolute 100% moral certainty that my father Drew Peterson is innocent in the death of my mother Kathleen Savio.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/...t-for-drew-peterson-at-dads-murder-trial.html[/QUOTE]

Don't the lawyers have checks and balances in place as far as preparation for a trial goes? You'd think they'd have a system down by now. Review witness list, place a large red check by name of witness you've reviewed the discovery for, place master list in central office where everyone has access to it. Don't they have support people, ie legal secretaries?

Back in the day, when I prepared paperwork for shipments overseas, I would have been fired if I forgot to type up the insurance papers or the letter of credit which might cause a delay at the port of a multi thousand dollar shipment. I had to supply the complete packet that pertained to the conditions of that specific shipment. I had a list I went by to make sure I knew all the paperwork needed for each type of shipment and was very careful that I included everything before sending the paperwork out along with all pertinent copies. So, wouldn't someone, before the trial got underway, go over all the witnesses and make sure they had received the lowdown on each one of them. Between all of them, you'd think someone would notice if they hadn't received it prior to the witness being called to the stand. I can't get over the errors relative to this on both sides. For either side not giving or asking, not reviewing what's coming up beforehand is baffling. :twocents:

This young man was very young when this happened and is still becoming an adult. To lose one's mother at any age is hard and especially as a child. To have the possibility of homicide by the other parent is obviously unthinkable for them......it may be subconscious though.
The trauma of losing his mother so young, having lived in a home with DV, and then his fathers subsequent arrest and jail time...I would think that he has been a valiant soldier and hasn't taken the time to process any of it emotionally.
To accept and process that any of this were true would be so psychologically upsetting to anyone that they would need to be in intensive treatment.
I think that these boys have been just surviving and have compartmentalized or repressed their memories in order to get by.

QUOTE=Wishbone;8282793]Because you asked.....Here's a sample of what his kids believe.

“Nobody is pulling the wool over my eyes. I know to an absolute 100% moral certainty that my father Drew Peterson is innocent in the death of my mother Kathleen Savio.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/...t-for-drew-peterson-at-dads-murder-trial.html
[/QUOTE]

I agree that he had to compartmentalize things in order to survive. I got that feeling when I learned he was valedictorian of his high school this year. It makes me think that he threw himself into his studies as a way to focus on something in order to avoid other issues. JMO

death people often "bleed out" in the hospital, what kept the blood that wasn't apparent in the tub or the floor of the bathroom in Kathleen?
Even the cops who came to the scene said that there wasn't any blood in teh tub, but when they moved Kathleen, a lot of blood came out. How would that happen like that? Why did it stay put?

And once you are stepping into the tub, where exactly can you hit your head that will leave a 2 inch gash in the top of it?

You don't have your head anywhere near the faucet when you are getting into the tub. And it would not hit the top of your head if you did end up nearby the faucet anyway. Besides, it would have left some blood or tissue where the injury occurred if the fall left a bloody gash.

I don't mean to be picky, but do we have confirmation the blood which trickled down the drain was not diluted? I seem to recall reading discussion about blood on KS's face that would have been washed away if there were water in the tub. Non existance of a ring around the tub which should have been evident if the blood mixed with bath water.

Did any scientific expert(s) test the blood or was it a visual determination the blood was not diluted with water? (Not accusing any member) or was the blood not being diluted speculation that might have morphed into fact?

Although I don't have his testimony, as reported by Insession, at hand, it was Dr. Blum who stated that the blood from the gash in Kathleen's head trickled blood that pooled, undiluted, in the tub. My impression was that it wasn't a lot of blood. He said that if there was water in the tub, the blood would have been diluted and drained away with the rest of the water.

It was Dr. Blum's testimony that led me to believe that Kathleen didn't drown in the bathtub, but more likely she was placed in the bathtub after death. The drowning in the toilet seems more likely.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/...t-for-drew-peterson-at-dads-murder-trial.html
[/QUOTE]

Found a more recent article. The two sons of KS have effectively stopped the civil lawsuit filed by KS's family on behalf of the boys.

On the day after his 18th birthday, the youngest son of Drew Peterson and Kathleen Savio visited the courtroom where his father is on trial, charged with drowning his mother.

Kris Peterson also signed a waiver of his claims in a pending wrongful death lawsuit filed by Savio's relatives against his father, something the teen could do only now that he is legally an adult, attorneys said.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ney-martin-glink-kathleen-savio-drew-peterson

Although I don't have his testimony, as reported by Insession, at hand, it was Dr. Blum who stated that the blood from the gash in Kathleen's head trickled blood that pooled, undiluted, in the tub. My impression was that it wasn't a lot of blood. He said that if there was water in the tub, the blood would have been diluted and drained away with the rest of the water.

It was Dr. Blum's testimony that led me to believe that Kathleen didn't drown in the bathtub, but more likely she was placed in the bathtub after death. The drowning in the toilet seems more likely.

Agree with the toilet bowl drowning. The sequence of events is what troubles me. If she were already dead when placed in the bathtub, and the head wound inflicted there, how long would it bleed? If the head wound had been inflicted prior to death, I would think there would have been blood to clean up in the bathroom, and not just on clothing she may have been wearing which he allegedly took home to wash.

:waitasec:

MOO

His 18 yr old was the valedictorian. So he is a very intelligent young man. But he believes 100% in his dad's innocence. So I wonder what he thinks happened to his mother. Does he believe she fell and bumped her head and died?

Poor guy. His dad has really had a tuff time with his marriages, hasn't he? I guess he thinks that Stacy took off with her new guy.

And the dish ran away with the spoon.
icon10.gif

This article is from 2009 but I haven't found anything that says Stephen is not supporting him. In fact, Stephen lost his job in LE due to complications arising from his Dad's problems....

Drew Peterson’s adult son says he and his four siblings know their dad’s innocent of murder, the Chicago Tribune reports. “All of the children of Drew Peterson fully support their father and know that he is innocent of the charges against him,” Stephen Peterson said today in a statement. “We know him better than anyone else in the world and we know he is not guilty.”

http://www.newser.com/story/58661/petersons-kids-say-hes-innocent.html

I'd be saying that too before a jury makes a decision. If they don't convict and Drew goes free, any family member who crosses him might be next to have an accident or go missing.

Too bad Drew will never really know if these comments are sincere or out of fear one of them might be his next victim.

Agree with the toilet bowl drowning. The sequence of events is what troubles me. If she were already dead when placed in the bathtub, and the head wound inflicted there, how long would it bleed? If the head wound had been inflicted prior to death, I would think there would have been blood to clean up in the bathroom, and not just on clothing she may have been wearing which he allegedly took home to wash.

:waitasec:

MOO

thinking about the sequence of events....

I suppose if she inhaled the water from the toilet it was a few feet to the tub. How many minutes might it have taken to move her from the toilet to the tub? Her heart might have still been beating. He may have placed her in the tub and checked for a pulse, felt one and then knocked her upside the head while she was in the tub.

I'm sure those few minutes felt like hours..... and he probably wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible knowing the longer he was inside the home the greater the chance of getting caught.

I'm still not convinced the sequence of events is a must to convict. I think proving this was a murder, even if some of the sequence is unknown is most important.

Don't recall what I wrote that made you think I was going to the trial this week. I was in communication with the person who appeared as Juror #13 that was on today but not me! Perhaps you were thinkink I was referring to myselg, sorry!

Since the DT found it a funny idea to put Stacy on their witness list, IF she had, say, been in hiding & actually walked through door of the courtroom:woohoo: does anyone know if they would be forced to call her? Or would it at least allow the PT to? (wishful thinking outloud!) As for the defense slipping up by bringing her name/disappearance in, really don't think that's gonna happen, dang it! But if they did it, the judge would probably tell the jury to disregard it anyway! I just pray the PT doesn't screw up anymore! Wanted to acknowledge the hilarious, yet very helpful, comments made by MrsPC & atthelake at 3:00a.m., your investigative techniques involving the shins meeting the toilet bowl are great! (Even at 3 in the morning!!) It's nice to know that I'm not the only one loosing sleep over this. The whole thing is affecting me like no other case ever has...I even dreamed about the courtroom being some kind of circus with witnesses participating in some sort of 'try out'! It makes me nutty, I know, & would NEVER have told a soul, until I read those! LOL! Again, thank you everyone for sharing so much; theory's, links, testimony, etc. Atthelake, please let us know how everything seems to go this week while you're there! Am praying you get a really positive, good feel from the jury! Also wanted to mention that according to DT on Judge Jeanine on Sat, (new fan here!) they alluded they will never refer to KS's death as anything but an accident...

I'd be saying that too before a jury makes a decision. If they don't convict and Drew goes free, any family member who crosses him might be next to have an accident or go missing.

Too bad Drew will never really know if these comments are sincere or out of fear one of them might be his next victim.

Exactly.

:)

thinking about the sequence of events....

I suppose if she inhaled the water from the toilet it was a few feet to the tub. How many minutes might it have taken to move her from the toilet to the tub? Her heart might have still been beating. He may have placed her in the tub and checked for a pulse, felt one and then knocked her upside the head while she was in the tub.

I'm sure those few minutes felt like hours..... and he probably wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible knowing the longer he was inside the home the greater the chance of getting caught.

I'm still not convinced the sequence of events is a must to convict. I think proving this was a murder, even if some of the sequence is unknown is most important.
If the jury believes he is guilty from other evidence presented, they may not dwell on this. It is just something I have been considering after Dr. Blum's testimony last week, and may be going through the minds of the jurors only to solve the mystery. As you said, it may have taken a few minutes for her to actually expire, during that time he moved her into the tub and hit her on the head. That's really the only thing that makes sense.

:(

MOO

Well, found another son of DP's. He was a busy guy....what's that make, 6 kids from 4 different women? This article is from 2010.

A son from Drew Peterson's first marriage testified against his own father today. Eric Peterson described witnessing a 1993 incident in which his father dragged his third wife, Kathleen Savio, into the house, according to reports from the courthouse.

Peterson, a former Illinois police officer has been charged with killing Savio, whose body was found in a bathtub in 2004.

"She was screaming for help," Eric Peterson, said according to The Associated Press. Peterson also said Savio had been drunk at the time. "He was pulling her down the stairs."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/drew-petersons-stepbrother-testifies/story?id=9625025

death people often "bleed out" in the hospital, what kept the blood that wasn't apparent in the tub or the floor of the bathroom in Kathleen?
Even the cops who came to the scene said that there wasn't any blood in teh tub, but when they moved Kathleen, a lot of blood came out. How would that happen like that? Why did it stay put?

Hi...not sure if this has been answered yet but the only time I have ever had a bleed at death is if the patient was hemmorraging internally or severe wounds. But they do all loose complete control of bowel and bladder so all these contents would be readily noticable visually and by smell. There is nothing that can equate to the "death smell". jmo...sweets

It really was illuminating the extent to which this debacle was one oversight and failure after another.
Being a WS newbie, I really value how much I learn from all of you.
BornDem, thank you very much for sharing this....there should be a big investigation into the Will County police here as well as a review of policies and procedures overall.

:gthanks:

Originally Posted by Cubby
Just a little bit about the Illinois State Police. I thought this was of interest, because I'm still a bit baffled about why they, and not another agency, were called to investigate Kathleen's death in the first place.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/aboutisp/history.cfm

From the above link:

On June 24, 1921, the 52nd General Assembly of the State of Illinois authorized the Department of Public Works and Buildings to hire a "sufficient number of State Highway Patrol Officers to enforce the provisions of the Motor Vehicle Laws"

The purpose of the ISP is to patrol the highway system throughout Illinois.

Well, here comes the "Here's how we do it in North Carolina," so please forgive. Just giving a different perspective...

We have the same deal in NC -- Our State Highway Patrol is mainly charged with enforcing Motor Vehicle Laws as well -- all the typical infractions, and unsafe areas on the roadways. They are not an investigative arm of the State of NC for home accidents or for homicides not related to roadways. And even if it is a roadway homicide (death by vehicle, etc.), the city or county in which it occurs is the investigative body who is in charge of all phases of that type thing.

We have a State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) that would be used for such an investigation of the sort that occurred at the Peterson house -- involving a member of the usual LE who would be on the case... and often they are called in by the city or county LE if circumstances (determined by I-have-no-idea) warrant.

Further, even if it looks like a bathtub or stairway, etc., fall/accident, investigators come and tape off whatever necessary, take control of the scene/area and bar entry by ANYONE other than LE at least until it is officially deemed an accident...

It really was illuminating the extent to which this debacle was one oversight and failure after another.
Being a WS newbie, I really value how much I learn from all of you.
BornDem, thank you very much for sharing this....there should be a big investigation into the Will County police here as well as a review of policies and procedures overall.

:gthanks:

The jurors should be extra aware, too, that this is what they have to deal with. These are their police officers who did not do their job. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53