07.14.2010 TJ Hart/Dominic Pape interview

IMO if anything Tommy said about Haleigh being in the river was true, he probably won't say anymore about it. He had a reason to talk before-his wife and family. He has no reason to talk anymore. I sure wish I knew what "evidence" they had that changed this to a homicide case or if there ever was any.

It is possible that it was changed to a homicide to prevent having to give up information due to the Sunshine law. There doesn't have to be charges filed for the Sunshine law to kick in.

Was her sitting on his lap a lie? Was he stating that to cover for Halieigh being on his clothing?

Why do I confuse myself so much?

it sounds like one of those "too much information" statements. Instead of just saying that he picked her up, he went into all these details about her sitting on his lap, steering the car etc.

Doesn't that sometimes signify a lie - when people give too many details, when a quick factual statement would suffice?

As far as I can tell, there is no crime scene or timeline...that's a problem.

Hardy said that Shell Harbor could be the crime scene. If so, that means he is buying into Haleigh being alive at the Harbor. Any chance they were partying at the harbor that night? If not, it would appear that TC told them JO killed Haleigh at that scene.

Pape is going to be patient, so I guess they don't have any evidence to convict anyone.

It could take years but misty or tommy will talk inside prison. You can bet they all will get some serious time to make sure that day happens. The day when a trusted inmate throws one of them under the bus. If JO did this, he should have been arrested a long time ago. There should be his DNA in the van at least. Rumor was LE had his clothes....guess there was no Haleigh on them or it wasn't true. No evidence to arrest JO.

They have misty and ron's clothing from that night..Haliegh would be on both of them since rc said he picked her up at the stop and was in his workclothes and he made sure that she was sitting on this lap for the drive home from the bus stop..(come think of it, that is odd). Was he setting an alibi? ...hmm...now my imagination is going wild!

JMO - what LE has and more importantly what the SA has is a pack of lies and tall tales spun by a completely untrustworthy bunch of folks. LE may well have enough to convince themselves and the SA of what happened to Haleigh on Feb 9, and 10 of 2009. What they may not have is enough to convince 12 jurors beyond a reasonable doubt. Especially since there is apparently no trace of Haleigh anywhere. The SA is not going to go forward until somehow this information comes to light. I think it is important to remember that an arrest in this case is more likely in the hands of the SA at this point than in LE's hands. I believe this coincides with the statement an arrest could come tomorrow or next year.

The only one not in jail is the one accused by those who had daily contact with Haleigh. If Joe is so "crazy" as the Croslins describe him, apparently he is not crazy enough to be out trafficking drugs and getting caught doing so or anything else for that matter.

Who to believe...just think, LE knows a heck of a lot more than we do but I bet they are asking themselves the same question - who to believe.

Why are there no leaks in this case. People always talk, always gossip. It sounds like LE has nothing, but that doesn't make any sense. Something is very fishy down there and that police force needs to be investigated.

What do you mean by "leaks"? if you mean leaks to the media by LE, then no leaks is a good thing. LE officers shouldn't "leak" unless it's part of a strategy to catch the perpetrator of a crime.

If you mean "Why aren't the principals in this case talking to LE?", then you are not seeing the trees for the forest. Misty and Tommy are clearly talking, pointing fingers, making up scenarios. But without a body, it's hard to prosecute (Casey Anthony and Scott Peterson weren't arrested until after the bodies of the or victims were found. or, as Joran van deer Sloot's father famously said--I am paraphrasing--"No body, no crime.")

There is no point in jumping the gun, here. The principal suspects (in my view, Misty and Tommy) are already in jail and looking at long prison sentences. For those who think Ron is involved, that is true of him also. None of these people are going anywhere. Cousin Joe, if he is involved, is on LE's radar screen and thus would have a limited opportunity to re-offend without getting caught. And there is no statute of limitations on murder.

Finally, we don't know what LE knows, or who talks to them or what has been said or is currently being said.

What do you mean by "leaks"? if you mean leaks to the media by LE, then no leaks is a good thing. LE officers shouldn't "leak" unless it's part of a strategy to catch the perpetrator of a crime.

If you mean "Why aren't the principals in this case talking to LE?", then you are not seeing the trees for the forest. Misty and Tommy are clearly talking, pointing fingers, making up scenarios. But without a body, it's hard to prosecute (Casey Anthony and Scott Peterson weren't arrested until after the bodies of the or victims were found. or, as Joran van deer Sloot's father famously said--I am paraphrasing--"No body, no crime.")

There is no point in jumping the gun, here. The principal suspects (in my view, Misty and Tommy) are already in jail and looking at long prison sentences. For those who think Ron is involved, that is true of him also. None of these people are going anywhere. Cousin Joe, if he is involved, is on LE's radar screen and thus would have a limited opportunity to re-offend without getting caught. And there is no statute of limitations on murder.

Finally, we don't know what LE knows, or who talks to them or what has been said or is currently being said.

If you had read my above post you would know I wasn't referring to LE or the players in jail. AGAIN , let me state I was referring to Ron's co-workers, Misty's friends, WBP's friends, NayNay's friends, et al. People talk, people gossip. :woohoo:

If you had read my above post you would know I wasn't referring to LE or the players in jail. AGAIN , let me state I was referring to Ron's co-workers, Misty's friends, WBP's friends, NayNay's friends, et al. People talk, people gossip. :woohoo:

...and the neighbors and the AC man, the bus driver.... Many folks in the area were interviewed, then asked by LE to keep quiet. I can understand them keeping quiet initially, but I would expect that by now some or most would be talking. It's just human nature to want to communicate and it is hard to see how each and every one of them can still be quiet, IMO.

I would bet they have been talking locally, probably a lot. But with the media's eventual disinterest in this case, anything said is just not reported. IMO.

I have came to the sad conclusion that the drug charges may be all we ever get...and that's not enough for me. That shouldn't be acceptable to Haleigh's family either. By the way, where are they????????? Why aren't we hearing anything from them....are they content to just let it go?

...and the neighbors and the AC man, the bus driver.... Many folks in the area were interviewed, then asked by LE to keep quiet. I can understand them keeping quiet initially, but I would expect that by now some or most would be talking. It's just human nature to want to communicate and it is hard to see how each and every one of them can still be quiet, IMO.

I would bet they have been talking locally, probably a lot. But with the media's eventual disinterest in this case, anything said is just not reported. IMO.
If I was some sort of witness, & had some information, I'd be talking by now. especially, if I had been a neighbor. But, in this case, it seems that the only people who do talk, are liars.

How could we believe anything from Misty's friends and drug acquaintances, if they were talking and gossiping? Why would we assume that any of them would KNOW what happened to Haleigh, unless they were present? If they were present, why would they talk and expose themselves to LE scrutiny and the possibility of becoming a trial witness or worse, a suspect? Not to mention that all of them have their own legal issues. Gossip might give LE a direction in which to move or leads to follow, but this case has always and will always revolve around Misty's story and the question of who was in the mobile home (or not in the mobile home, if Misty left or took the kids with her), who had access to Haleigh, and when. But if Misty tells one story, Tommy tells another (etc.), gossip and rumor (perhaps downright lies) will not help LE make a case for prosecution.

As for more credible sources, like the AC man and bus driver, if they were told by LE not to talk
and they've kept quiet, that's a good thing. No reason for suspects to know more about what LE
knows than they need to.

And once again, we don't know what anyone has told LE--true or false, credible or incredible, self-
serving or altruistic, useful or useless. Regardless of what anyone has said thus far, without a confession from someone willing to testify (and give a story consistent with the evidence in the
case), it will be hard to prosecute without finding Haleigh's remains. It's my view that LE has a theory of the case but doesn't yet have enough to ensure a conviction. The only big mistake that LE and prosecutors could make is to try Haleigh's killer and fail to convict, so that the killer walks forever.

There may never be enough evidence to convict but no one can know that for certain. The guilty person(s) will have to go through life with this hanging over them, never really being sure if/when they could be arrested. I can't speak for them but if I were in that position, I would never be able to relax with that prospect hanging over me day after day, week after week, year after year. I hope it eats away at them.

I do not get the impression most here think information leaks would be a good thing; I think we are just wondering why there have not been any leaks, as in most cases people gossip, etc. JMO.

I do not get the impression most here think information leaks would be a good thing; I think we are just wondering why there have not been any leaks, as in most cases people gossip, etc. JMO

Exactuly. Thank you, you are one of the few that understands!

Edited for space.

Slight correction. Casey Anthony WAS arrested and indicted on murder charges (Oct 14) BEFORE little Caylee's remains were found (Dec 11). The difference in Casey's situation was all the evidence in her stinky car which pointed to a deceased person, and Caylee was the only one missing.

In Haleigh's case, they need more because they don't have evidence (that we know of) pointing to her as deceased.

Sounds like they have no idea where Haleigh was killed or where she is now. They search where somebody gives them a lead. I think they searched Dunn's Creek because rc said it would be a good place to dump a body. They searched the mondex because J. P. told them wbg helped dispose of her there. They searched Shell Harbor because of Tommy said JO put her there.

At Shell Harbor, Hardy said it could be the crime scene where Haleigh was murdered. He also told us that there are several POI's. Several means more than 2 or 3.

Dominic Pape had nothing to add...he told us it could take years. It has been 10 years to nail Chandra Levy's killer and he has been the prime suspect and in prison. BUT that came about because of new technology. He lawyered up immediately and they could get nowhere....sound familiar?

Tommy Croslin gets 15 big ones, cell door slammin behind him loudly. Misty is next to be sentenced with Ron testifying against her. She MAY get a lighter sentence because of her age.....but not sure. Ron will be last and I hope he gets the max. All in my book of 's. imo

Snipped
They have misty and ron's clothing from that night..Haliegh would be on both of them since rc said he picked her up at the stop and was in his workclothes and he made sure that she was sitting on this lap for the drive home from the bus stop..(come think of it, that is odd). Was he setting an alibi? ...hmm...now my imagination is going wild!

That has always bothered me. He could just have said that he picked her up, but he has to go into great detail regarding her sitting on his lap, driving the car etc.

I thought it might be because he did not pick her up at all, but wanted (really wanted) LE to believe he did. If it was to explain away possible dna evidence - wouldn't he have that on his clothes anyway, as he was her father. If he thought there could be dna on the steering wheel, he could have wiped it off. It all depends when he came up with this story. If the car was already impounded, he wouldn't have had a chance to clean up. Just pure speculation on my part ...

another problem in this case re: reliable witnesses - most druggies have no idea what day it is let alone any clue what they were doing on any given day.
It is easier if one has a job to keep track of time; but most closest to HaLeigh did not work. Keeping track of timely details is of little importance in their lives.
Probably the biggest clue LE has regarding their involvement is the cell phone records. I suspect they also have Misty's former cell phone that was taken during the "robbery" attempt when she called 911.
We have evidenced that these people are not that smart - so why do we question their ability to hide ALL evidence/knowledge of a murder case? Could it be that we are also looking at the wrong persons? IDK -
I still wonder what RC was up to the days prior to 2 Feb 2009; such details have been kept from us (yet he has been rather detailed in the drive home from school that day!). TN/GGMS claim they want all to assist in locating this child; yet they do not furnish us with any leads either. Why is TN meeting with Merchant recently and why was this mtg leaked out to us (think mtg was last week or so)??? Why does the media talk to GGMS and not TN lately? They have the opportunity to get things out to the public yet TN/GGMS remain silent - just why is that? Sheffield family members were at TomC's trial, why werent they interviewed by the media? Why weren't they begging for the public's assistance in finding this child? This is such a strange, missing child case - I would think my desperation would reach much further than any of the family members on both sides. Heck, the Croslin's are the only ones that are offering any clues as to where she may be! Some perceive these clues as lies, but it may just be their best guess as to where she may be found. The Cummings clan is huge; why aren't they doing more to locate this child?
Is a child so expendable in these families that they really don't give a damn??????????? IDK/JMO

Respectfully replying to your above post. Of course I wasn't talking about LE. I was referring to all the the people that Ron worked with, his friends, Misty's friends, teachers, WMG's friends, NayNay et al. People talk, people gossip.

Then I apologize for misunderstanding your post and for my rudeness. Please overlook if possible. I will think before I type next time!

another problem in this case re: reliable witnesses - most druggies have no idea what day it is let alone any clue what they were doing on any given day.
It is easier if one has a job to keep track of time; but most closest to HaLeigh did not work. Keeping track of timely details is of little importance in their lives.
Probably the biggest clue LE has regarding their involvement is the cell phone records. I suspect they also have Misty's former cell phone that was taken during the "robbery" attempt when she called 911.
We have evidenced that these people are not that smart - so why do we question their ability to hide ALL evidence/knowledge of a murder case? Could it be that we are also looking at the wrong persons? IDK -
I still wonder what RC was up to the days prior to 2 Feb 2009; such details have been kept from us (yet he has been rather detailed in the drive home from school that day!). TN/GGMS claim they want all to assist in locating this child; yet they do not furnish us with any leads either. Why is TN meeting with Merchant recently and why was this mtg leaked out to us (think mtg was last week or so)??? Why does the media talk to GGMS and not TN lately? They have the opportunity to get things out to the public yet TN/GGMS remain silent - just why is that? Sheffield family members were at TomC's trial, why werent they interviewed by the media? Why weren't they begging for the public's assistance in finding this child? This is such a strange, missing child case - I would think my desperation would reach much further than any of the family members on both sides. Heck, the Croslin's are the only ones that are offering any clues as to where she may be! Some perceive these clues as lies, but it may just be their best guess as to where she may be found. The Cummings clan is huge; why aren't they doing more to locate this child?
Is a child so expendable in these families that they really don't give a damn??????????? IDK/JMO

I always wanted to know why CS (MOM)wasn't visiting Misty in jail everyday even giving money to her phone or canteen so she would talk to her and plead for information for where her daughter was. I have two young boys and if they were missing I can tell you there would be no stone unturned 1 million times. I would have dangled every drug in front of the croslins to get information. I just never understood that! I am not saying CS has any guilt I just don't understand the lack of urgency with your own child. Maybe there is and we just don't see it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back