10/28/11 Private Investigator Returns, Baby Lisas Family Leaves

While the mother's own admissions have made me suspicious of her, I can't blame her in the least for wanting an attorney. False confessions can and do happen.

That said, we've already seen inconsistent statements from DB and an eleventh hour admission that she was in fact very drunk the night Lisa was "kidnapped".

What truly concerns me is DB's and JI's seeming reluctance to meet with LE at all for 3 weeks. If my child was missing, I'd be at the police station with my attorney every morning trying to cooperate as much as possible. Every minute is precious in the search for a missing child.

Not talking directly to you, just indirectly about her talking/not talking. :)

"Young claims the parents have cooperated and answered other questions, but they have not sufficiently satisfied police demands."
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/237...er-disappearance-yougn-tacopina-short-dia.htm

They have not agreed to a unrestricted interrogation. They HAVE cooperated and been in contact and been talking.

In light of the recent phone call I find another quote in this article fascinating:

We need them to sit down apart from each other, with detectives, and answer the tough questions detectives have for them concerning what they may or may not know about anything, who came and went [the night Lisa disappeared]," Young told ABCNews.com.

I wonder if they feel she is being dishonest about who was in the house that night? After the neighbor left? **speculation/wondering**

While the mother's own admissions have made me suspicious of her, I can't blame her in the least for wanting an attorney. False confessions can and do happen.

That said, we've already seen inconsistent statements from DB and an eleventh hour admission that she was in fact very drunk the night Lisa was "kidnapped".

What truly concerns me is DB's and JI's seeming reluctance to meet with LE at all for 3 weeks. If my child was missing, I'd be at the police station with my attorney every morning trying to cooperate as much as possible. Every minute is precious in the search for a missing child.[/QUOTE]

This is what makes me believe they already know Lisa is no longer with us....

Or they know she is safe somewhere? JMO

Not talking directly to you, just indirectly about her talking/not talking. :)

"Young claims the parents have cooperated and answered other questions, but they have not sufficiently satisfied police demands."
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/237...er-disappearance-yougn-tacopina-short-dia.htm

They have not agreed to a unrestricted interrogation. They HAVE cooperated and been in contact and been talking.

In light of the recent phone call I find another quote in this article fascinating:

We need them to sit down apart from each other, with detectives, and answer the tough questions detectives have for them concerning what they may or may not know about anything, who came and went [the night Lisa disappeared]," Young told ABCNews.com.

I wonder if they feel she is being dishonest about who was in the house that night? After the neighbor left? **speculation/wondering**

Oh, good catch Abby, I didn't see that.

As for needing an attorney because of the tough interrogations that extract a false accusation, cool. Now, you have an attorney, take yourself to the police station and answer questions - your attorney will not let them water-board a confession out of you.

I'm LE has questions about other evidence they've found, about the phone call at 2:38, about the discrepancies in the time line....these need to be answered. Good Lord already, these things will help in finding Lisa - hard to feel like they are looking to further that effort with all the bullchip.

This is what O'Brien said, he was the attorney that went with them to the October 8 interrogation. He is a professor of law, not some street hack. He said (paraphrased) that to LE "full cooperation" equals a signed confession. He felt they were very heavy handed as well. Young himself said (again paraphrased) that they are helping and answering questions, just not the specific/vital questions that need answering.

Which means they are talking, there are just certain areas that they are refusing the answer. If they are guilty, then of course they wouldn't answer those questions, and if they are innocent, then they CAN'T answer those questions.

I posted a lengthier version of this before, but on Wednesday(6th) Young called them "Very Cooperative" and on Thursday(7th) they were uncooperative. Then on the 8th they sat down for another interrogation with O'Brien.

I don't know the truth, but I do think that it's not as clear and honest as it appears on the outside. They aren't just "not talking" or "not cooperating", it's a grayer area IMO.

ETA timeline details
Tuesday: family stayed with relatives after being questioned until 10:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. press conference Capt. Steve Young speaking—basically no new information. Still searching with dogs, however there have been no hits. Parents not ruled out, but also not suspects. Very cooperative.
Thursday:
~Jeremy and Debbie provided LE with a list of 9 names of people that could be possible suspects.
~the list of suspects provided by the parents is now up to 12.---suspects all cleared
~Capt. Young: "the mother and father no longer want to cooperate with detectives."

Then of course we have the October 8th (Saturday) interview with O'Brien present. Then on Oct 25 we have Young saying that they are talking, just not to their satisfaction, which is vague. (link in post below)

And about that October 8th interview, wasn't it said in the media that the parents would only talk about the tips coming in and nothing else?

How do we know she lied to LE about drinking? Has LE released a statement?

Maybe lied by ommission? Maybe lied outright, you are right, we don't know which it was. She didn't tell LE she was drunk that night, she told them she fed and put Lisa to sleep at 7:30 and checked on her at 10:30 before she went to bed with her son and stray kitty. Such a sweet little story -- which changed to "yeah" I was drunk, so what? I put her in bed at 6:40 and can't remember if I ever checked on her again. Hey, adult time, I'm entitled. This was after LE found the liquor store receipts and watched the video.

I felt sorry for her the first couple of times I watched the intitial press conferences where she was bawling and crying her eyes out, now watching them again makes my stomach turn....now they seem transparent and self-serving.

DB is the type that will admit to nothing until she is caught.

This is what I talked about in a previous post. When things like this are stated as fact, they should be backed up by evidence. If it is not backed up by a statement from LE then it is rumor. Do you have a link to a statement made be LE regarding her drinking? I would love to read/watch it if you do.:banghead:

We don't know and no LE has not made a statement regarding her drinking that I know of.

Ima

I am very very upset as well as outraged about this! Mr. Abeyta is speaking honest truth here and does no one care to see the truth for what it really is??!? Or is everyone just like NG and only want to hear what will further fuel the hatred and disgust at the parents!?! Mr. Abeytas meeting with the parents was even twisted into a negative in the media and public.. What about the real and honest truth here that Mr. Abeyta is telling.. He has met with them and he sees what's happening and that these parents are scared(and not just of the damn jail that some keep harping) they are NOT OK TO A POINT THIS MAN, MR. ABEYTA IS EVEN WORRIED ABOUT SUICIDE!! that they have been thrust into this bs with BS and the circus and that things are NOT ok!!*
<snipped>

I'm appalled and disgusted with this exact attitude that NG is encouraging.. And it doesn't do a damn bit of good for Lisa whatsoever!!!
This man, Mr. Abeyta, met with the family for exactly 1/2 hour. His words were different on NG than they were in his interview with local reporters. He could not have deduced they were going to committ suicide in 1/2 hour and get everything else in too. If DB did her usual meltdown at the drop of Lisa's name, then yeah, I can see being concerned, but suicide??

HER BABY IS MISSING FOR GOD'S SAKE - and she's going to commit suicide over the police wanting to question her or the public's opinion????????????? Give me a break.

Hopefully they are not watching Nancy Grace, hopefully they spend their time trying to get DB to remember something that might help find Lisa.

Abeyta's interview about the meeting:
http://jacksoncounty.fox4kc.com/news/news/65713-colorado-man-reaches-out-family-lisa-irwin
I see nothing about "suicide" in this article.

Because of the cousin ML? Do you mean just until Monday (tomorrow)? Becuz otherwise, they would be yanking the boys out of school, or getting time off from school. Maybe they're going to have the boys stay out of the area.
<snip>

JMO.
Absolutely. ML's ties, or possible ties (which cannot be discussed in this fora) is a scenario I have not been able to rule out. Also, Texas has some strange extradite laws.

Of course, many scenarios, but one very important clue is the actual time anyone else (other than family) had seen Lisa. Makes a difference. JI has changed his initial story so much (in interview) he is not credible to me. How that fits I'm not sure? DB is obviously not a truth teller, and as we see she can be convincing. I take neither of their words for it. Then it seems we enter a high profile Atty, and PI, AND a threat analyst that are "connected" to the family. Lots of unknowns, as we can see although a certain network has exclusives the family is still not talking to them. IMVHO

Absolutely. ML's ties, or possible ties (which cannot be discussed in this fora) is a scenario I have not been able to rule out. Also, Texas has some strange extradite laws.

Of course, many scenarios, but one very important clue is the actual time anyone else (other than family) had seen Lisa. Makes a difference. JI has changed his initial story so much (in interview) he is not credible to me. How that fits I'm not sure? DB is obviously not a truth teller, and as we see she can be convincing. I take neither of their words for it. Then it seems we enter a high profile Atty, and PI, AND a threat analyst that are "connected" to the family. Lots of unknowns, as we can see although a certain network has exclusives the family is still not talking to them. IMVHO
BBM. The bolded part is quite interesting...I didn't even think of or realize that.

About the last couple sentences...don't forget the anonymous benefactor who either is or knows a family member. This doesn't look like a "typical" cut-and-dried missing baby case.

There have been rumblings but I am not here to start rumors, that's why I thought I would ask you for confirmation as to the signs at the relative's house. If you said yes or no, then that would be my confirmation as I trust what you say :)
FWIW it has been very windy out. Stuff could have simply been blown away also.

BBM. The bolded part is quite interesting...I didn't even think of or realize that.

About the last couple sentences...don't forget the anonymous benefactor who either is or knows a family member. This doesn't look like a "typical" cut-and-dried missing baby case.

I live in Texas, and I'm trying to find anything unique about our extradition laws that would make them "strange." What are you referring to?

Yes! Thought of that after I posted! Thanks!

The phrase, "Texas style" keeps running through my head. I doubt they would be stupid enough, but who knows? But they've been charged with nothing at this point. As far as we know, they are free to go!

I don't believe TX has "strange extradition laws."

What truly concerns me is DB's and JI's seeming reluctance to meet with LE at all for 3 weeks. If my child was missing, I'd be at the police station with my attorney every morning trying to cooperate as much as possible. Every minute is precious in the search for a missing child.[/QUOTE]

This is what makes me believe they already know Lisa is no longer with us....

They have not agreed to a unrestricted interrogation. They HAVE cooperated and been in contact and been talking. Just trying to make sure the facts are straight.

Yes! Thought of that after I posted! Thanks!

The phrase, "Texas style" keeps running through my head. I doubt they would be stupid enough, but who knows? But they've been charged with nothing at this point. As far as we know, they are free to go!
I figgered it out. You're recalling all those episodes of "America's Most Wanted" where 50% of the perps were found in Texas. ;) :angel:

Just a joke, btw...people say the same thing about Florida and California. :crazy:

How do we know she lied to LE about drinking? Has LE released a statement?

I think it's important to point out that she didn't LIE about drinking, she just didn't include it. She never said "the wine wasn't mine, I was completely sober" and then changed her story. She just omitted the drinking from her original story to the media, and IMO most of us (expecting it wasn't related, expecting the baby would be found sooner and safely, not even thinking about "good times" the night before) may have omitted that from our initial reports to the public.

Mind you, she wanted to get her child's picture out and be on the news- she was not yet trying to explain herself or defend herself. She owed the public NO information about herself at that point.

JMO, but "lying about drinking" is quite a stretch. To this day she did not have to admit that, and it still wouldn't be lying.

ETA- She DID lie about the last time she saw or checked on Lisa. That was her lie IMO.

ETA- until LE speaks, we don't know if she also omitted it to LE or not. I heard rumor they hadn't heard, but I haven't seen a link yet.

They have not agreed to a unrestricted interrogation. They HAVE cooperated and been in contact and been talking. Just trying to make sure the facts are straight.

The most recent statement from LE prior to all the bait and switch appointment cancellations were that they have NOT cooperated in answering questions only the parents, the ADULTS can answer. Do a search on that phrase and check the timeline. There are more recent articles, but this is been requested since they were not cooperating in the beginning.
10/18/11
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=14760706

she might have owed the public NO information, but she owed the LE all the information to get the ball rolling with. Parsing of where she Lied or not doesn't cut it, she left out key information that is vital for LE to know how to piece this puzzle togther. Her omissions were not good and hindered LE.

The most recent statement from LE prior to all the bait and switch appointment cancellations were that they have NOT cooperated in answering questions only the parents, the ADULTS can answer. Do a search on that phrase and check the timeline. There are more recent articles, but this is been requested since they were not cooperating in the beginning.
10/18/11
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=14760706

It's been fluctuating. My article was dated 10/25.

ETA- I completely and 100% agree that they want answers that only the ADULTS can answer. I totally and 100% agree that they need to get their butt to the station and do what they gotta do. I just don't like it circulating that they aren't talking or cooperating at all, I think not it's important to keep a good, honest outlook on what did and didn't happen.

I figgered it out. You're recalling all those episodes of "America's Most Wanted" where 50% of the perps were found in Texas. ;) :angel:

Just a joke, btw...people say the same thing about Florida and California. :crazy:

There are a few other states. I'm just aware because family in Texas. Not to mention getting deadbeats back from there. Texas is truly a 'whole 'nother country".

Start here...
http://law.onecle.com/texas/criminal-procedure/51.13.00.html

Don't forget to throw social capital in the mix! ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn
Back