10 year old boy dies in foster care

From the article: His aunt said; ‘He was wonderful. Wonderful doesn’t even cover it. He loved to hunt bugs. When he caught them he would tell the bugs, “Don’t worry, I’m your Uncle Levi and I’m going to take care of you.”

What a kindhearted little boy. I only hope this was a true medical emergency and not a medical emergency created by a monster.

According to this the boy had behavior problems
Heartbreaking. Levi/Dakota had a foster dad for 3 years who wanted to adopt him but instead he was placed in a unit for kids with behavioral problems. He said Levi was dealt a hard life. He was placed in the last foster home late last month. The state told his birth & former foster families they couldn’t attend his funeral. DCF later called and changed that.

I’m so tired of thorough investigations into the death of foster kids. The report for Harmony was 92 pages long! They discover page after page of mistakes and changes that need to be made, but those changes never seem to make a difference in the outcome of kids.

The boy was identified as Dakota Levi Stevens.

"Very intelligent young man. He loved to take things apart and put them back together. He loved sharks, cars," Rubalcava said.
[snip]
Results from a state-mandated autopsy may not be available for 60 days.
10-year-old boy dies after medical emergency in foster care in Porter County, Indiana

Levi marched to the beat of his own drum. He absolutely loved the outdoors. Many insects and frogs were caught by him on his bug hunting expeditions. He had a love for Sharks and believed he would discover a new species, Legos, where he could build anything, Minecraft, his Pokmon cards, and his Tablet. He loved to use his imagination and believe me when I say, he had a very creative imagination. Levi loved to read and make up his own stories and even act them out. He was a little performer in front of any camera. He loved to sing and dance quirky at any given moment. He loved to play board games and believed he truly won every time. Levi was extremely artistic. He loved drawing and coloring. When it came to schoolwork, he was brilliant and he truly loved math. School on the other hand, pretty sure he gave his teachers and staff a run for their money. (If you know, you know). Despite it all, his Favorite Teacher, Mrs. Tarnowski stood by his side and was a huge inspiration to him. This little guy was a Master Bargainer who believed strongly in his own opinions even if they were wrong. (Once again, if you know, you know).

Levee (as his sister called him) was a great big brother and loved N. tremendously. His happiest moments were with the ones he loved. His smile could light up any room he walked into and he truly had a huge heart. To know him was to Love him.
https://www.geisenfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Dakota-Levi-Stevens?obId=31397283

Fly high little man

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74