100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.

This is a very interesting and profound insight. I think you could be correct.

This question may play strongly into the penalty phase (assuming there is one) deliberations, as well as mitigation. And she completely, totally, thoroughly blew it on these questions. Not a single drop of remorse over the fractured relationships, not a single bit of acceptance for her part in damaging the relationships, nothing. Just me, me, me. This was a GOLDEN chance for her to sob about how she regrets so many mistakes, yada, yada, and wants only for a chance to repair their relationship. How she is so grateful for their presence there supporting her, despite the rough relationship they have had. Etc.

What the jurors now know is that her own mother, sitting right there in the room every single day, is not terribly close to her, nor she to her parents.

And omg, what an awful position to be in, facing the DP.

Right!!!! When they asked about her relationships with her parents, she ragged on them! Totally threw them under the bus again. She should have said "Whatever problems we've had in the past are over and forgotten as far as I am concerned. They are here supporting me even though I've done something so heinous it must hurt them in every way to even have to associate with me. I've failed as a daughter, and they never deserved to have me bring all this shame and humiliation on our family. I cannot be grateful enough considering how I've alienated myself from all humanity."

That would be called regret and remorse and responsibility.

But he did want something to do with her. That's why he invited her into his home and had sex with her on June 4.

I understand that people hate Jodi, but I keep seeing that statement. It is simply not true.

Nobody can, without question, prove that they had sex that day---and NOBODY can prove he invited her!!

I'm developing some compassions for Jodi's family, the more I think about how hard it would be to raise a child like her.

It surprises me though that I haven't been able to relate or feel any empathy for Jodi at all. She has not moved me one iota.

Exactly. I think Jodi is 100% guilty but I don't understand comments that Travis wanted her out of his life. I think some people are so blinded by their hate for Jodi that they can't see that wasn't the case.

If you want someone out of your life, you probably wouldn't put yourself in a vulnerable position such as having nude pictures taken by that person.

Well I suspect there was a lot of guilt with regard to Travis. He was not supposed to be having sex in the first place by his faith, I'm sure on one level he felt responsible for the creation of this "situation." And with regard to their May blowout, as the nature of severe fights between sexually and/or romantically involved people can be, he likely felt some guilt even if he meant every word. I'm sure there was some level of needing to appease Jodi as well, and also reaped benefits himself in the process.

Clearly we all wish he would have put his foot down and not opened the door, but I don't find it implausible to understand why he did.

Did anyone notice her answer to the question about taking the gun and rope with her (can't remember the exact words) that she said that she took "it". I guess that means gun only, no rope.

the more she talks, the more she gives away her deceptions IMO

Yes- they both said her hair was blonde. But i don't know if the car rental guy even knows what colour her hair was.

Blown out of proportion except for the fact that she was obsessed with everything Travis that she died her hair to be like Mimi.

Is the hair color thing cleared up yet? I'm still confused!

Ryan said she was blond and so did the rental car guy, right?

Sadly, from here on out I'll be thinking "Oh HOLE-Y night"...as in the infamous term Nurmi ♥'s talking about, "a 3-hole wonder"...

This trial has me no longer liking Starbucks or anything strawberry flavored, ruined good Christmas music ♫ ♪, ruined some of my favorite candy from the 80's (pop rocks), I had to hide my boyfriend's gas can from my sight in the garage, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...
Don't let it! Enjoy the fact that you can walk into Starbucks and enjoy whatever you please and she never will again. Strawberry Fraps are good. Starbucks was also prominent in the Whitney Heichel case- she worked there, and was also Mormon.
I will continue to enjoy Starbucks, Cinnabons, Toblerone's, Rainforest Cafe, Mimi's Cafe, California Pizza Kitchen, P.F.Chang's, Kohl's, and many other things Jodi has mentioned.

Right!!!! When they asked about her relationships with her parents, she ragged on them! Totally threw them under the bus again. She should have said "Whatever problems we've had in the past are over and forgotten as far as I am concerned. They are here supporting me even though I've done something so heinous it must hurt them in every way to even have to associate with me. I've failed as a daughter, and they never deserved to have me bring all this shame and humiliation on our family. I cannot be grateful enough considering how I've alienated myself from all humanity."

Well said LadyEdith! That would be something a normal, caring person would say, but sociopaths don't have the same feelings, so I wasn't at all surprised to hear her comments about her parents. Sad for them!

Nobody can, without question, prove that they had sex that day---and NOBODY can prove he invited her!!

Considering the nature of their relationship, I'm assuming they did.

The pictures of Jodi with braids and Travis naked on the bed are from June 4, right?

Perhaps what is more significant, is if I did not have my glasses on and I was backing my car out of a parking lot (God forbid), I would never be able to tell that a flash was a license plate. I might see something white, but it would be so indistinct I would assume it is trash, even if it reflected light. That whole story is such a BIG FAT LIE.

Thank you LadyEdith! This is the sort of comment I've been meaning to ask for!

I'd love for anyone who has the same Rx (or very, very close) as JA to post about whether they can drive - day or night - without glasses.

My first thought is LIE, too, but the MCSO would not issue her glasses for no reason, and they wouldn't allow her to have them (she can't have pens for cripe's sake) just to wear for fun.

Weird.

Yes- they both said her hair was blonde. But i don't know if the car rental guy even knows what colour her hair was.

As I remember it, the car rental guy was shown a picture of Jodi with brown hair and he identified her but added that she had blonde hair.

So is the car rental guy lying too? He also said her hair was blond!

BTW had hard time keeping up today but what I did get to read was much needed levity! You all had me laughing so hard I had a choking fit!

:seeya:nite all

I think she is lying about her hair, and I think she dyed it somewhere along the way on her murder trip - just haven't heard any more evidence about it yet, other than the car rental guy. Hopefully, Juan has something for rebuttal.

Exactly. I think Jodi is 100% guilty but I don't understand comments that Travis wanted her out of his life. I think some people are so blinded by their hate for Jodi that they can't see that wasn't the case.

If you want someone out of your life, you probably wouldn't put yourself in a vulnerable position such as having nude pictures taken by that person.

I think there's a lot of clarity when it comes to attitudes towards JA and yes, there's a good deal of hatred and it's completely warranted. There's also an inability for some to fully grasp this case and the situation because of the genders of the victim and the defendant. The statements made in the post above would not be made if the genders were reversed and questioning Travis, the victim, would not be happening nearly as much as it is now if he was female and JA was male. I'm far too exhausted to get into it now and it's been discussed ad nauseam here and will rightfully be discussed again but the comments in the above original post boil down to blaming the victim for putting himself in a situation to be victimized. :pullhair:

Look at the expression on his face, how heartbreaking... he looks so genuinely happy and smitten there. NEVER had that look on his face with JA.

thats funny - smitten was the first word i thought of

ok, one more blurb from a news article - During her three days on the stand, Arias also claimed that Alexander sometimes belittled her in front of his friends. “He made jokes towards me that were not very nice,” she said. “His friends advised me to stop dating him immediately. He called me a *advertiser censored* in front of his roommate.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/10/jodi-arias-the-mormon-casey-anthony.html

I missed most of the conversation y'all were having earlier, but I just want to point out that the jurors/judge weren't being rude or making it up. "*advertiser censored*" was a word JA made mention to several times....ok then, carry on ;)

ty thats where i heard that word during the trial

Do you have a link or a source that says he invited her into his home on June 4?

nope - just jodi's words :floorlaugh:

Is the hair color thing cleared up yet? I'm still confused!

Ryan said she was blond and so did the rental car guy, right?

yes rental car guy said she was blonde when he picked her out in line up - iirc he said he remembered because he thought she was hot and was hitting on her

I think her mother is there so that she can be present when her spawn finally gets what's coming to her!

Considering the nature of their relationship, I'm assuming they did.

The pictures of Jodi with braids and Travis naked on the bed are from June 4, right?
A picture doesn't prove anything. They did the same thing in the Casey Anthony case- showing a picture of Caylee with her hand on a door handle. Just because she was reaching, did not actually prove that she had the strength to open the door, or was able to, but it was the inference. I happen to think Jodi staged these pictures.

I'd love for anyone who has the same Rx (or very, very close) as JA to post about whether they can drive - day or night - without glasses.

My first thought is LIE, too, but the MCSO would not issue her glasses for no reason, and they wouldn't allow her to have them (she can't have pens for cripe's sake) just to wear for fun.

Weird.

Go back about 4 or 5 pages and you'll see we've had this conversation within the last 30 minutes or so. Several of us chimed in with similar prescriptions and the answer was no, driving doesn't really work without glasses at that prescription.

I have the same RX as her.

1. I can see 5-7 feet in front of me but it's blurry.
2. It is way worse at night and need my glasses to drive but could manage without them.
3. Need to take them off to read up close. ie: a book

Don't let it! Enjoy the fact that you can walk into Starbucks and enjoy whatever you please and she never will again. Strawberry Fraps are good. Starbucks was also prominent in the Whitney Heichel case- she worked there, and was also Mormon.
I will continue to enjoy Starbucks, Cinnabons, Toblerone's, Rainforest Cafe, Mimi's Cafe, California Pizza Kitchen, P.F.Chang's, Kohl's, and many other things Jodi has mentioned.

You guys reminded me of something I just heard Jodi say (I'm watching today's DVR programming) - when asked about the gas cans etc. Jodi said she was a "coupon-clipping-kind-of-girl" . . . does she realize how much money she spends at Starbucks???? Buying so many strawberry frapps kinda' defeats the purpose of saving with coupons. She is so full of it with all of her answers to the jurors' questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member