100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading about some 400 posts about Walmart, I never knew their employees were held in such high regard. I guess they never steal or do not do their jobs correctly.

I personally don't know the statistics of staff theft from Walmart. I imagine it's pretty high, as is shop lifting. However, what you are suggesting would be just one too many coincidences in this trial, for me.

Plus the receipt is in evidence and there is nothing marked on it to show she returned it. So that is two mistakes that Walmart made? One they did not mark her receipt and two, they gave her cash and did not make a record of the return. I guess Jodi must be feeling as if the world is against her. Law of Attraction.....she should have never killed Travis as it appears that is exactly what she is attracting back to herself. :jail: jmo

BBM.....I so agree.

Plus the receipt is in evidence and there is nothing marked on it to show she returned it. So that is two mistakes that Walmart made? One they did not mark her receipt and two, they gave her cash and did not make a record of the return. I guess Jodi must be feeling as if the world is against her. Law of Attraction.....she should have never killed Travis as it appears that is exactly what she is attracting back to herself. :jail: jmo

bbm - she could have not taken HER receipt back in. Regardless, Wal-Mart would have record of where the amount of that gas can would have gone. She would have had to sign a return receipt even if she didnt have her original receipt.

Wal-Mart WILL return something if YOU do not have YOUR receipt.

They will NOT, however, not give you SOME SORT of receord of the return. THEY have to have it for their records of the cash AND the actual item.

She's lying AGAIN... period.

Reposting this! Can someone help me figure this out?

There was one purchase to fill the car, one purchase that was enough to fill 2 gas cans, and one purchase that seems to amount to another 5 gallons of gas (which we can deduce went into the 5 gallon gas can). Hope that helps. :seeya:

I thought they can't do that without telling the Defense first.

From what I understand is; they can't have a Perry Mason moment because of 'Discovery'. The Prosecutor MUST show the Defense what he plans on showing -----this way the Defense has time to make up a lie!
I hope I understood this wrong though because that hardly seems fair.

Not to impeach a witness they don't

After reading about some 400 posts about Walmart, I never knew their employees were held in such high regard. I guess they never steal or do not do their jobs correctly.

So it's a coincidence that on that specific date, a Walmart employee decided to risk their job, to pocket $12 and hide the returned gas can?

It's not probable, AT ALL. I too, used to work at Walmart. Regardless of whether you feel their employees are "held in high regard" (????), they DO have policies. They are a corporation, and yes, are very strict with financials. In 2008, they made over 100 BILLION dollars. I'm fairly confident that they keep a good eye on what goes in and out, every second.

I have previously posted that the 3rd Tesoro transaction for around $20 could have been for food and supplies and NOT for gasoline. I do not think the bank statement is specific on what the purchases were for. I doubt if JM will pursue this point anymore and just leave the subject by showing one could reasonably infer that JA bought an added 5 gal of gas.

She made the transaction around 4 am and the store is locked and you can only pay for gas at that time of the morning from the pump, right?

I thought they can't do that without telling the Defense first.

From what I understand is; they can't have a Perry Mason moment because of 'Discovery'. The Prosecutor MUST show the Defense what he plans on showing -----this way the Defense has time to make up a lie!
I hope I understood this wrong though because that hardly seems fair.

The Defense did not have the Washington Mutual Statement either, until yesterday. There are hundreds of pieces of evidence and they do share it, however the cases continue to be Investigated up to closing statements sometimes! (on both sides) So during the coarse of the trial, Mr Martinez might uncover more evidence via his investigators and those then pop up as you see him bring it up to Jodi...Then he has to show her side, so when he asks to enter a new item in evidence, he has to go hand it to Mr Nurmi, they take a look and then might Object.

But it's done "fast" so to speak, not giving the Defense much time to really think, but they should be able to immediately know if it is objectionable or not. Then they approach if Defense objects, and the Judge decides if it can come in.

In this case, the Statement was listed as evidence, the Defense never asked to see it or has it and just never looked that closely. My guess is since this is HER bank statement, the Prosecutor listed it as "any and all bank statements from Washington Mutual" and that is fine, the Defense should at least be on top of their own clients Banking Records! So this is not a secret piece of evidence, this is something MR Nurmi should have been given by Jodi herself!

BUT she hid it from them is my guess! (hid it from her own team hoping it never comes up) This is the problem defending a Sociopath. They won't even tell their own Attorney the truth. I swear he probably felt like it was getting blood from a rock to work the tid bits out of her. She spars with her own team so they have an Uphill battle I think.

AND this statement is from June 1 to June the month of the Murder. Careless if they did not have it. They know Mr Martinez is claiming 3 gas cans...

Two of the transactions were too large to be a single gas can. So, they had to be the car and TWO gas cans.

Then....there is the 3rd charge. If it's all gas, she had to have a third can.

There was one purchase to fill the car, one purchase that was enough to fill 2 gas cans, and one purchase that seems to amount to another 5 gallons of gas (which we can deduce went into the 5 gallon gas can). Hope that helps. :seeya:

Thank you! That is what I was thinking but wasn't sure!

yeah someone is going to steal a gas can. I'll believe the more likely probability of jodi just lying. again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This third purchase strikes me much as the theft of her grandfather's .25 caliber handgun back in May 2008. The price of the gas per gallon divided into the total purchase equaling 5.08 gallons is as much of a coincidence as the theft of a gun from the house where Jodi had been living. I just don't believe in coincidences, only the illusion of them.

YES!!!!! how many coincidences can there be, anyway???!!!???

and NOW, heading off the state from saying no gun was ever registered to TA in the state of AZ, it becomes a SECRET gun....from his father???? huh?

i feel certain the jury sees through the lies which had been created out of whole cloth by jodi and her lying attorney.

The returns are done at the service area desk. There is a log of all returns etc done at each registrar including the service desk area. If there were a return given that day they would only have to check these logs. Its easy for them to check. I've called for these logs many times when working for WM Home office. If they say there's no refund, there is no refund. These logs are computer generated. There is also video that can be requested. I don't know how you equate this to a WM employee stealing or not? Why be derogatory about people that you know nothing about? We know Jodi lies maybe that is the easiest answer.

So she returned the gas can and the clerk stole it? If JA got cash, you can be sure it was accounted for or the clerk would have to explain where the cash went.

I have had to set up vendor relations with WalMart. They are probably the most sophisticated retailier (vendor wise) that I've ever dealt with. A nightmare to be more precise.

They are meticulous and stringent.

They have to account for cash. I have returned something for 3.00 and I still have to sign and show receipt to get cash back. If no receipt I get gift card. That is the way it works. They are not going to give cash away without tracking it because they are audited and if they are missing money they can be accused of theft.

I know people make mistakes.. But they are not giving cash without receipt.

I agree that JM may be sitting on the "smoking gun". He wants her to LIE about what she bought with the 19.65. And when she does, bingo bango, evidence for the actual items showing GAS purchase is entered! If he had revealed all his cards then, she could have possibly lied her way out of it, like for example claiming that the 5 gallons of extra gas did not go in a gas can.
I would bet that if subpoenaed, Tesoro could pull the transaction from their database and identify what actually was purchased for $19.65. And there's nothing to purchase if the store was closed and only the gas pumps were open for biz.

Maybe JM already has that information for rebuttal ...

I guess Arias is not the criminal mastermind she thinks she is ... if she would have waited until the Tesoro was open inside (probably 6 am), she could have paid cash and filled the 3rd can and no record would have appeared on the bank statement. Doofus ...

I agree with you that it's a little silly to suggest that if Walmart didn't have a record of it, it didn't happen.

I do think it's something of a coincidence, though, plus there's the fact that Jodi seems to have been a serious receipt keeper.

Considering the spot on calculations as to gallons of gas purchased at Tesoro in 3 transactions at pump #2, i'd say the 3rd gas can is quite evident. Looks like the Walmart employee is off the hook in this case ;) She purchased it, still had it, and there is no record of a return.

A good lawyer usualy never asks a question to a defendant unless he already knows the answer and can prove it's right or wrong.
When Juan first started asking jodi questions in cross a lot of people were wondeing why he didn't finish up with some of the questions.
The answer to that is that he will bring up the subject later on in the trial as kind of a surprise so to speak.
Juan knows the answer to a lot of things that he can prove.He will ask the defendant some questions and if they answer wrong and he has the proof already he may not say anything until the end of the trial then he will bring up all the things that he can prove was a direct lie.
This gives the jury a bad taste in their mouths as the defendant has lied to them and a conviction is more likely
Have faith in the prosecution he has a lot of time yet to tighten the noose yet.

My hunch is that JM will have a wide assortment of odds and ends by which he will impeach JA on rebuttal. I'm sure a Walmart data analysis expert will testify about the Salinas Walmart store database findings on June 2 2008.
I trust we will hear much more from Matt and the code messages smuggled out of jail in the 2 magazines. etc.

The first receipt is for the gas for the car. The second receipt fills both cans that are 5 gallon gas cans. Is she did previously. And then the third receipt is for the other 5 gallon can from Walmart.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member