100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.. but I doubt he wold get on the stand now...too easy to impeach by either side.

I noticed yesterday that JA corrected JM when he said 'MM is someone who wouldn't betray you' and JA said 'was'.

As in past tense. She already knows he rolled on her.
I caught that too. I believe he did roll.

The Defense did not have the Washington Mutual Statement either, until yesterday. There are hundreds of pieces of evidence and they do share it, however the cases continue to be Investigated up to closing statements sometimes! (on both sides) So during the coarse of the trial, Mr Martinez might uncover more evidence via his investigators and those then pop up as you see him bring it up to Jodi...Then he has to show her side, so when he asks to enter a new item in evidence, he has to go hand it to Mr Nurmi, they take a look and then might Object.

But it's done "fast" so to speak, not giving the Defense much time to really think, but they should be able to immediately know if it is objectionable or not. Then they approach if Defense objects, and the Judge decides if it can come in.

In this case, the Statement was listed as evidence, the Defense never asked to see it or has it and just never looked that closely. My guess is since this is HER bank statement, the Prosecutor listed it as "any and all bank statements from Washington Mutual" and that is fine, the Defense should at least be on top of their own clients Banking Records! So this is not a secret piece of evidence, this is something MR Nurmi should have been given by Jodi herself!

BUT she hid it from them is my guess! (hid it from her own team hoping it never comes up) This is the problem defending a Sociopath. They won't even tell their own Attorney the truth. I swear he probably felt like it was getting blood from a rock to work the tid bits out of her. She spars with her own team so they have an Uphill battle I think.

AND this statement is from June 1 to June the month of the Murder. Careless if they did not have it. They know Mr Martinez is claiming 3 gas cans...

Ah ha! Now THAT makes more sense. Thanks!!!

The third can, as inconsequential as it was... may be the very thing that does her in for the mere fact it PROVES, she cannot be trusted.
If she lies about a purchase, can she be trusted about killing someone? I think not!

How ironic.

Speaking of Matt, I just watched this short clip from the JA 48 hours interview. JA talks about there being secret ways that messages get passed in prison, although she states she not really familiar with them all because she hadn't been in prison long enough to learn the ropes at that point. If the coded magazine message is brought up again, I think we may see this clip because you know she will deny having anything to do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cLpvB2cBBfY

Wow! That is a fabulous fabulous find. that will be shown in court absolutely! I can see Juan doing that! and love her last 2 lines.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Me too.. but I doubt he wold get on the stand now...too easy to impeach by either side.

I noticed yesterday that JA corrected JM when he said 'MM is someone who wouldn't betray you' and JA said 'was'.

As in past tense. She already knows he rolled on her.

Just throwing Matt out there and in the context he has IMO is enough... He need not ever produce Matt.

In Juan's closing he can point out the defense never called him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOOOO!!! I had to go out to dinner with my co-workers last night and I missed the beginning of Juan? Grrrr... I never thought Nurmi would be done that fast.

Why do we have to hang out with co-workers after work hours anyway? I already spend at least 45 hours a week with them! :slap:

Thank goodness for Youtube!

Thank heavens there was no duct tape in this murder, the gas cans are enough to handle.

Well there was, on his arm and on the floor in the laundry room.

A minor point, but it was the first thing I thought of when she said she returned the gas can an hour after she bought it.

She had her nails done, right? Well, if I've just had my nails done the last thing I'm going to do is rummage through my walmart bag for the gas can, go through my wallet for the receipt, and conduct a transaction.

Of course she could have hair her hair done and waxing and then they would have been dry.

I'm pretty clumsy with fresh nails and drive straight home with my fingers spread out. At my place you pay before polish so you don't have to go into your wallet.

Just like that one guy who said "I went fishing on christmas eve" it didn't ring true. I amy be wrong but most women don't do errands like that with fresh nail polish. IMO

It does show premeditation. It shows that she wants to have enough gas to not have to stop in AZ for gas. No receipts. She bought that can to make sure of that. She was not sure Ryans gas cans were enough. Her stocking up on gas completely goes toward premeditation.

Now I wonder if this is why she keeps saying she is bad at math. Maybe she wants to make it look like she wouldn't have been able to crunch the numbers to realize she would need a third gas can.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Speaking of Matt, I just watched this short clip from the JA 48 hours interview. JA talks about there being secret ways that messages get passed in prison, although she states she not really familiar with them all because she hadn't been in prison long enough to learn the ropes at that point. If the coded magazine message is brought up again, I think we may see this clip because you know she will deny having anything to do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cLpvB2cBBfY

Awesome find!!! Thank you!

Also again, This shows how many lies she will tell to back up lies. To save herself. She is at this point, still saying 2 men did this and she is saying they are sending her death threats.. Which we know is all a lie. So the fact is not only that she will lie, But that she will make up crazy things that will gain her sympathy.. IE, TA beat me, He was mean to me, He was a pedophile. If I heard this section of the tape on the jury, I would wipe out every bad thing she said about TA.

Here is the one she went to
Tesoro
1699 W North Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
801-596-7784
(that Station appears to be torn down, or burned and sunk like the movie Carrie)

tessoro.jpg

The biggest GOTCHA about the gas cans is not only the 3rd...BUT why is she refilling? She USED them...She never filled where she said after the original fuel up AND used them on the way to/out of AZ to avoid detection. It proves the PREMEDITATION!

Great observation!

Jodi royally screwed herself by filling them back up. She was already out of AZ. Any subsequent stops between UT and Redding, CA would not have deviated from her "alibi route" or have looked suspicious.

Filling them up not only proved she had 3, it proved that she USED them.

Her stupid recollection that she stopped in Desert Center, CA and Buckeye, AZ AFTER Pasadena only adds to the preposterousness of her story. Ford Focus' don't need refilled after 150 miles!

If Travis was going to get a gun, it would be some cool-a$$ gun that all his friends would want to try out...

he wouldn't go get some girlie little unregistered pistol that shoots short range.

who believes any of this bunk? if this jury goes sideways...I am leaving the planet!

so there.

I do not believe it was his. Looking at his closet he likes nice things. He likes the best his money can buy. He is not going to settle till he gets that a gun that will set him apart from just any person out to buy a gun.

It does show premeditation. It shows that she wants to have enough gas to not have to stop in AZ for gas. No receipts. She bought that can to make sure of that. She was not sure Ryans gas cans were enough. Her stocking up on gas completely goes toward premeditation.

You're missing the bigger picture.

The two gas cans borrowed from Daryl already shows that if...that's what a juror wants to believe.

This third can that she BOUGHT doesn't show premeditation any more or any less than the two previous BORROWED ones.

A juror may choose to believe she borrowed and bought the cans because she was afraid of running out of gas in the middle of the desert (like her first story suggested).

And another juror might believe she wanted the cans to save money (and buy petrol across state-lines where it was cheaper) as she said in yet ANOTHER story.

The gas cans prove nothing. It highly SUGGESTS something, but they don't prove anything.

What Juan is doing though is PROVING Jodi lies.

That's all that really needs to be accomplished because once that's been established then.....anything spewing out of her mouth becomes automatically questionable.

And that's exactly where Juan wants to take this jury. In the land of doubt.

A lot of us noticed the purchase of an airline ticket on her bank receipts yesterday. I know the jury took notice of it if we did. I'm really hoping this comes up again as we've never heard anything about it before. Did she buy a plane ticket for someone else? Was she planning on high-tailing it out of there after the murder, but changed her mind for some reason? I'm dying to know more about this.

Wow! That is a fabulous fabulous find. that will be shown in court absolutely! I can see Juan doing that! and love her last 2 lines.

I think they should check all the art she sends out to be sold, those gangs (didn't she say she knew how gangs worked?) hide messages in their art and graffiti.

My jaw dropped as I was listening to her. I had watched the entire interview before, but it must have been before JM presented the magazine evidence because I totally missed the significance of this part of the interview.

As in past tense. She already knows he rolled on he
r.

YUP! I realized this when she started throwing him under the bus about owning illegal/unregistered guns in his state and that's a NO NO. JM has been throwing out hints about him all through the trial. She is pissed off with him.

I am very suprised the crime scene people do not have more information to go on as far as the knife used. There is a huge difference between a steak knife and a straight razor.

If you refer back to the autopsy report, you will see the width of the blade as it refers to the stab wounds. Not the scraping stab wounds but the "puncture wounds. The knife was not a straight razor or a typical steak knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallfry92