11/9/11 MSM reports "major change" to timeline (Oct. 4 phone call)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point!...I think the 11.57 time fits in perfectly with the time line.
Intruder watches neighbours go home at 11.30 and enters lisas house sometime after this (as the coast is now clear)...snatches phones and lisa...makes 11.57 phone call to co conspirator be it MW or Dane..Spotted by witness at 12.15 carrying baby...goes to back of sprinkler house...dumpster fire reported at 2.30am behind sprinkler house...white blob walks past garage around that time..(down the road from dumpster)

Could the 11.57 call be for the co conspirator to meet the perp behind the sprinkler house? (home owners of sprinkler house were away so house was empty) could the baby have ben passed off to the co conspirator whilst perp gets rid of other evidence in dumpster fire?

2.38am call to co conspirator to confirm perp has got rid of evidence in fire and to check if co conspirator has done their part in placing lisa wherever.

I still think it all points to Jersey!....He would have known Dane too...both of them are "street chemists" apparently!:waitasec:

All IMO.

They did take footprints from that yard! I would love to know the results!

I think a request of sorts was made from one of Debbi's phones and a confirmation or follow-up was made later to that phone. I have a couple of theories about the content of the possible calls, but it's only speculation so I'll save it for a theory thread.

FWIW, I don't think Shane is the last of the folks who we'll be hearing was at the house at some point that night and I still wouldn't be surprised if Debbi left the house during or after hanging out with her neighbors. Just speculation; there's SO much we still don't know and I don't think Debbi's talking, but LE is certainly talking to others and filling in the gaps...

JMO, IMO...

I'm following. So let me ask this, would a cell phone ping if an incoming call/text was made TO it, or do they only ping if a call is outgoing?

(I'm not going to repeat my cell phone ignorance anymore...by now everyone ought to know I'm basically Wilma Flintstone.) ;)

They did take footprints from that yard! I would love to know the results!

I'm with you ~ I would love to know the results of the footprints, the things taken from the house, the phone call etc...anything. I know LE is working this case like crazy but the lack of communication with the public scares me a little...or a lot!

I'm with you ~ I would love to know the results of the footprints, the things taken from the house, the phone call etc...anything. I know LE is working this case like crazy but the lack of communication with the public scares me a little...or a lot!

I agree!....They have Jersey safely behind bars (on other charges)..but they could well be keeping so quiet because they beleive others are involved..the baby was handed off behind sprinker house?...they may NEED to keep all their work on the down low so as not to alert anyone.

I'm following. So let me ask this, would a cell phone ping if an incoming call/text was made TO it, or do they only ping if a call is outgoing?

(I'm not going to repeat my cell phone ignorance anymore...by now everyone ought to know I'm basically Wilma Flintstone.) ;)

Hi Wilma,

Betty here! I'm no expert, but from following other cases, it is my understanding that a cell phone will ping as long as there is a tower within distance and the phone is on. Pings occur whether the phone is being used to make or receive calls or not, as long as the phone is powered and within tower range. JMO.

ETA: There are a couple of cases I can remember where a body was located because the victim's cell was near them and had not died yet (IIRC, Kelsey Smith for one). Other cases where the phone died, but cell records showed where the victim's phone last pinged or pinged in the same location as the suspect's; leading to the discovery of the body(Michelle Le, etc...)

BBM

I could agree with that, Donjeta. The only source we have for the 8:30 pm call is MW, and it's entirely possible that she has no idea what time the call to her phone actually occurred. If MK has indeed confirmed the 11:57 pm call, then that's somewhat solid for me. And we know that LE told both DB and MK that there was a cell phone ping at 2:30 am from somewhere near the house. Now, LE could have lied to both of them about that (doubt it, though), but there is confirmation from 2 people that that is what LE said.

So...11:57 pm and 2:30 am seem to at least have some solid backing behind them. To me, anyway.

It is possible there was NO phone call. It just may be the MW circus and what LE told her, in investigative mode.

Hi Wilma,

Betty here! I'm no expert, but from following other cases, it is my understanding that a cell phone will ping as long as there is a tower within distance and the phone is on. Pings occur whether the phone is being used to make or receive calls or not, as long as the phone is powered and within tower range. JMO.

ETA: There are a couple of cases I can remember where a body was located because the victim's cell was near them and had not died yet (IIRC, Kelsey Smith for one). Other cases where the phone died, but cell records showed where the victim's phone last pinged and led to the discovery of the body(Michelle Le, etc...)
I wanted to be Betty! lol

I'm just extremely thankful that we have a bunch of WSers who understand phones and pings and pongs and pungs and can "dumb it down" for folks like me who are just content to be able to find the bloomin' phone, never mind understanding how it works.

wonder if MK will have any "legit" news for us today from any other "source close to the investigation" ;)

Does any one remember the source of the text message that was mentioned very early in the case?

I watched the clip with Megan Kelly from America Live. (Link below) She cut to Trace Gallagher who gave more information on how Verizon operates with a customer's partial service due to non-payment. If a customer has partial service (only incoming calls/texts due to non-payment) the call that is trying to be placed on the phone will automatically route to a Verizon call center, which I guess would remind the caller that the bill is not paid. The call would not be completed to the number dialed. Yet, Mr. Gallagher was not clear on this when he said Verizon would have a record of the number dialed and the length of the call. However, they would only have the number that was dialed, they can't have the length of a phone call that was not completed to the intended party.

I have no idea where this case is going. I do not think we should believe any time of the call supposedly made by DB's partial service phone. So far, we have heard 2:30am, 8:30pm and now, 11:57pm. Was there even a call at all? This, also, is from an unnamed source. The media is trying to "make the news" in this case and it is misleading to all of us.

We should all try to separate known facts from named sources against "sources close to the investigation, etc" which tells us nothing about the origination of the (mis)information.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/0...ell-phone-happened-hours-later-than-believed/

I can see the possibility that an outgoing phone call was placed on one of the restricted phones to MW's number at some point during the night. That outgoing number was registered to the phone's records but the actual call was redirected to the call centre because the bill was not paid. Only an intruder would try to place a call like this, not knowing that the phone was restricted. The call also would not have come through on MW's phone at any time. The only question I have is would that call take 50 seconds before the caller either hung up or was disconnected?

My other question would be, would this person then attempt to make a call on one of the other phone(s) and is there any record of more than one call from multiple phones? :waitasec:

I sure wish I knew why LE seemed to be so adament that the phones likely never left the area. Were they still pinging in the area after the 911 call until the batteries died and were they just discarded by an intruder after realizing that they were not working.

MOO

I think a request of sorts was made from one of Debbi's phones and a confirmation or follow-up was made later to that phone. I have a couple of theories about the content of the possible calls, but it's only speculation so I'll save it for a theory thread.

FWIW, I don't think Shane is the last of the folks who we'll be hearing was at the house at some point that night and I still wouldn't be surprised if Debbi left the house during or after hanging out with her neighbors. Just speculation; there's SO much we still don't know and I don't think Debbi's talking, but LE is certainly talking to others and filling in the gaps...

JMO, IMO...

BBM
I am leaning towards the possibility that there may have been more "activity" at the stoop that night, too. We only found out about Shane weeks after Lisa went missing, so maybe there were even more people there?

I think so too. Wasn't one of the things LE said about the parents not co-operating because they wouldn't clear up who all was coming and going from the home that night? Anyone have any idea where we can find that statement?

Yes, thank you to all of you who know about phone tech. Here again, ihavenoclue!

Could someone be so kind as to tell me what ETA means? (-: TIA

I watched the clip with Megan Kelly from America Live. (Link below) She cut to Trace Gallagher who gave more information on how Verizon operates with a customer's partial service due to non-payment. If a customer has partial service (only incoming calls/texts due to non-payment) the call that is trying to be placed on the phone will automatically route to a Verizon call center, which I guess would remind the caller that the bill is not paid. The call would not be completed to the number dialed. Yet, Mr. Gallagher was not clear on this when he said Verizon would have a record of the number dialed and the length of the call. However, they would only have the number that was dialed, they can't have the length of a phone call that was not completed to the intended party.I have no idea where this case is going. I do not think we should believe any time of the call supposedly made by DB's partial service phone. So far, we have heard 2:30am, 8:30pm and now, 11:57pm. Was there even a call at all? This, also, is from an unnamed source. The media is trying to "make the news" in this case and it is misleading to all of us.

We should all try to separate known facts from named sources against "sources close to the investigation, etc" which tells us nothing about the origination of the (mis)information.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/0...ell-phone-happened-hours-later-than-believed/

I agree with this and also many companies round up the number of seconds, minutes etc. If the call was 30 seconds they would round it up to the nearest number that they use. jmo

Yes, thank you to all of you who know about phone tech. Here again, ihavenoclue!

Could someone be so kind as to tell me what ETA means? (-: TIA

It means Estimated Time of Arrival as far as I know.

I can see the possibility that an outgoing phone call was placed on one of the restricted phones to MW's number at some point during the night. That outgoing number was registered to the phone's records but the actual call was redirected to the call centre because the bill was not paid. Only an intruder would try to place a call like this, not knowing that the phone was restricted. The call also would not have come through on MW's phone at any time. The only question I have is would that call take 50 seconds before the caller either hung up or was disconnected?

My other question would be, would this person then attempt to make a call on one of the other phone(s) and is there any record of more than one call from multiple phones? :waitasec:

I sure wish I knew why LE seemed to be so adament that the phones likely never left the area. Were they still pinging in the area after the 911 call until the batteries died and were they just discarded by an intruder after realizing that they were not working.

MOO

Has this been stated by LE or how do we know this? tia

Has this been stated by LE or how do we know this? tia

Just going on their behaviour around the house with metal detectors and the numerous searches around the home and in the home for the phones based on information from the search warrant.

MOO

I think so too. Wasn't one of the things LE said about the parents not co-operating because they wouldn't clear up who all was coming and going from the home that night? Anyone have any idea where we can find that statement?

Sure

"We need them to sit down apart from each other, with detectives, and answer the tough questions detectives have for them concerning what they may or may not know about anything, who came and went [the night Lisa disappeared]," Young told ABCNews.com. "There's a whole list of things that they may know."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-irwin-police-tough-questions-parents/story?id=14810300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74