Found Deceased 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham - *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Description of DSM by the Exxon clerk who saw him that morning and had seen before in the store:

Remembered how ugly he was

She kept saying he’s just so ugly and creepy looking that you don’t just forget his face

When she saw the mug shot she called right away

He has like a crazy eye. [One looks off in a different direction than the other]

Very light blue piercing something off

Missing Audrii, 11, Tied to Rock 'Swirling' in River, PANTS FOUND at RIVER'S EDGE - Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

Here’s a picture that shows the eye.
Man Accused of Murdering Audrii Cunningham Was Family Friend Who Participated in Search for Her: Sheriff

Picture with shirt off- warning revolting
Who is Steven McDougal? Age, Wife & Arrest Record

He has a tattoo around his collar bone that says "Aint Scared”
Don McDougal Named 'Main Person of Interest' in Disappearance of East Texas Girl

all imo
In the outdoor concert picture, it looked like he might have a glass eye.

What a freaking shame that was!
I think partly it was because the victim of the stabbing was convinced that the perp was another guy. Even after the woman involved admitted that McDougal was the perp the victim still maintained the incorrect guy was the guilty. When he saw an image of McDougal sometime in December, I believe he then suggested that 3 people were involved: the woman, the original guy and McDougal but LE said they can't arrest two guys for the same thing. (This is a brief overview of timeline that is attached to the bottom of the link below, especially paragraph 2 of page 2) It was a dog's breakfast, to be sure, and I don't know whether that was because of the confusion of the victim, lack of resources of LE, a failure to properly create a timeline of the event, the charges, the erroneous identification of the wrong guy or a combination of everything.

When one of my closest friends went missing in 2011, Tim Miller came and helped until we located his body in the Mississippi River. He is an incredible human; I have tremendous respect for him and for his organization.
I’m in the uk so hadn’t heard of Tim before this morning when I watched Nancy Grace talking about poor Audrii. I haven’t been active much on ws but this one has totally shocked me and brought me here tonight. I ended up googling Tim after I listened to that episode and oh my goodness my heart goes out to that man.

This article includes a copy of the 3 page document prepared by Polk County Sheriff's Office - Aggravated Assault Case Timeline which was reported on August 19, 2023.

Source: KTRK (NBC) - Houston, Texas

Published: February 22, 2024 at 10:14 PM
Updated: February 23, 2024 at 8:38 AM

‘We dropped the ball’: New audio reveals details of past investigation into Audrii Cunningham’s alleged killer​

I think partly it was because the victim of the stabbing was convinced that the perp was another guy. Even after the woman involved admitted that McDougal was the perp the victim still maintained the incorrect guy was the guilty. When he saw an image of McDougal sometime in December, I believe he then suggested that 3 people were involved: the woman, the original guy and McDougal but LE said they can't arrest two guys for the same thing. (This is a brief overview of timeline that is attached to the bottom of the link below, especially paragraph 2 of page 2) It was a dog's breakfast, to be sure, and I don't know whether that was because of the confusion of the victim, lack of resources of LE, a failure to properly create a timeline of the event, the charges, the erroneous identification of the wrong guy or a combination of everything.

The victim first identified him Sept.9. And discussed with LE a few more times. In Dec when he talked to LE they told him they were not going to serve an arrest warrant for DSM. It definitely would make a case against him weaker when the victim originally misidentified him. Especially when the victim says he identified the other person first because of other people’s influence. I think there’s a component to this incident missing though and I think there were 3 people involved.

Last edited:
The victim first identified him Sept.9. And discussed with LE a few more times. In Dec when he talked to LE they told him they were not going to serve an arrest warrant for DSM. It definitely would make a case against him weaker when the victim originally misidentified him. Especially when the victim says he identified the other person first because of other people’s influence. I think there’s a component to this incident missing though and I think there were 3 people involved.
You could be correct but I'm considering that Stanley was convinced by the unknown female that the perp was DM. She basically told LE on August 23 that she stabbed Stanley and the third person was DM. I feel she was instrumental in Stanley saying it was Stanley because he later said on September 9 that everyone was pushing him to say it was Reyes. At this point in time I'm sure LE couldn't really pinpoint whether he was actually IDing McDougal as the perp or whether he was being influenced by the female. Then later on December 4th he again identified Reyes as the perp. I'd love to see an image of Reyes. It's confusing and I can see LE's reluctance to charging people willynilly because a victim is all over the map.

This article includes a copy of the 3 page document prepared by Polk County Sheriff's Office - Aggravated Assault Case Timeline which was reported on August 19, 2023.

Source: KTRK (NBC) - Houston, Texas

Published: February 22, 2024 at 10:14 PM
Updated: February 23, 2024 at 8:38 AM

‘We dropped the ball’: New audio reveals details of past investigation into Audrii Cunningham’s alleged killer​

What a mess!!

Just sitting here thinking about this sweet girl Audrii.
My children are adults now and I'm long divorced from their father. He was a good guy but a cheat.

When we were married I had a rule. No adult men alone were to stay the night at our house. Particularly a few of his nephews. They gave me the creeps. (Edited by me. I'm sorry if my previous description was offensive to anyone). Old lady mess up.
I'm sure it was hard for my husband, but he agreed with me to stick to that rule.

I've always been sensitive to reading people and they really gave me shivers down my spine.
I wish everyone would read "The Gift of Fear".

Last edited:
DSM was a career criminal, multiple arrests and prior to this, the most recent was last November. Grandmother and Dad would have to have their head in the sand to not be aware of his “history”.
I agree with the majority; he is definitely a career criminal with suspected prison gang associations, but there is still the chance that he was newish on the scene of Audrii and her father and grandmother's life and had moved on from an area he had offended before and made up a bs story. I am very interested to hear what they have to say about their relationship with him.
Is there any idea of a timeline, using charges, jail time and when he may have arrived in the area?

thank you, I can see that, if he was covered up going to the bus stop and tats were not visible I think he could "blend" in to a degree. Also mug shots make people look more menacing then they do in real life often I think.
He also may have just dropped her off at the stop without getting out of the truck. Many parents do that, and I know I never really took much notice of the driver; I would just notice which child joined the growing bundle of morning energy from elementary school kids. it can get chaotic.

I agree with the majority; he is definitely a career criminal with suspected prison gang associations, but there is still the chance that he was newish on the scene of Audrii and her father and grandmother's life and had moved on from an area he had offended before and made up a bs story. I am very interested to hear what they have to say about their relationship with him.
Is there any idea of a timeline, using charges, jail time and when he may have arrived in the area?
IMO, the photo of DSM + Audrii's father at that festival, with DSM wearing a tank top that shows off the swastika and other tattoos, dampens that idea that the father/grandmother were completely unaware. The father looks relaxed; they look like good friends.

I'm not sure what hand symbol DSM throwing for the camera but below the swastika on his left shoulder, I can see SS Bolts, which taken in the full context - him being in prison, allegedly in the Aryan Brotherhood, etc. - makes it clear that this is the more sinister/Nazi/white supremacist symbol, not the peaceful/religious symbol.

All IMO.

Last edited:
Wow! McDougal was nude and wore only a blanket wrapped around his waist to be arraigned.

Don Steven McDougal's arraignment was on Wednesday, 2/21/24. There is body cam video that was made available on Friday, 2/23/24. It is a brief video.

You will have to play it more than once to hear the Polk County Sheriff's deputies talking to McDougal and watch the video.

When the door to his cell was opened, he was naked. He wore a blanket wrapped around his waist to his arraignment.

Watch closely as he gets up out of his bed and turns around. As you will see, his back is full of tattoos also. You have a split-second to see his back. Of course, the video is blurred so his privates are not seen.

During his arraignment, he stated he would hire his own attorney.

Hhmmm . . . hire his own attorney? I doubt if he has that kind of money!
Also, I wonder if he is working on faking . . . being insane and not "fit" for trial . . . take off his clothes and be nude in his cell???

~~~~~~~

Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, Texas

Friday, February 23, 2024 7:05PM

Video/Article

Snipped:
ABC13 obtained the body-worn camera video by Polk County sheriff's deputies as they pulled McDougal out of his jail cell for an arraignment in front of the justice of the peace.

Snipped:
As Polk County sheriff's deputies opened the cell door, they were shocked that McDougal was naked.

Snipped:
Seemingly wearing a smirk, McDougal walks over to the justice of the peace, with a blanket around his waist, to hear the charges against him.

Video shows Audrii Cunningham murder suspect, Don Steven McDougal, naked during arraignment​

Last edited:
Source: KHOU (CBS) - Houston, Texas

Published: 8:18 PM CST February 23, 2024
Updated: 9:09 PM CST February 23, 2024

Polk County Sheriff's Office explains why man accused of killing Audrii Cunningham wasn't arrested for previous stabbing​

Wow! McDougal was nude and wore only a blanket wrapped around his waist to be arraigned.

Don Steven McDougal's arraignment was on Wednesday, 2/21/24. There is body cam video that was made available on Friday, 2/23/24. It is a brief video.

You will have to play it more than once to hear the Polk County Sheriff's deputies talking to McDougal and watch the video.

When the door to his cell was opened, he was naked. He wore a blanket wrapped around his waist to his arraignment.

Watch closely as he gets up out of his bed and turns around. As you will see, his back is full of tattoos also. You have a split-second to see his back. Of course, the video is blurred so his privates are not seen.

During his arraignment, he stated he would hire his own attorney.

Hhmmm . . . hire his own attorney? I doubt if he has that kind of money!
Also, I wonder if he is working on faking . . . being insane and not "fit" for trial . . . take off his clothes and be nude in his cell???

~~~~~~~

Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, Texas

Friday, February 23, 2024 7:05PM

Video/Article

Snipped:
ABC13 obtained the body-worn camera video by Polk County sheriff's deputies as they pulled McDougal out of his jail cell for an arraignment in front of the justice of the peace.

Snipped:
As Polk County sheriff's deputies opened the cell door, they were shocked that McDougal was naked.

Snipped:
Seemingly wearing a smirk, McDougal walks over to the justice of the peace, with a blanket around his waist, to hear the charges against him.

Video shows Audrii Cunningham murder suspect, Don Steven McDougal, naked during arraignment​

he was selling used items ... I doubt very highly he has any of his own money to hire a lawyer
maybe he has family or friends that will finance his defense

I'm wondering if they took his clothes for evidence which might mean he hadn't changed or showered since the crime?
and I guess they didn't have any extra jail onesies for him?

So - to keep my notes straight - I shall go ahead & post this - and shorten up my notes! :)

Wednesday, February 21st:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ am CT) - TX - Audrii Danielle Cunningham (11) missing 2/15/24 & last seen near her resident in the 100 block of Lakeside Drive in Livingston @ 7am. Was issued an Amber Alert. Audrii should have caught the school bus at her neighborhood bus stop, however, school officials reported to the Sheriff's Office that the school bus did not pick Audrri up, nor did she report to school. Don Steven McDougal is the man who supposedly dropped Audrii off at the bus stop. Now a POI (2/17/24). Audrii was found near the area around US-59 & the Trinity River Bridge on Feb. 20, 2024. - *Don Steven McDougal (42) arrested (2/16/24 -regarding assault charges), arraigned & charged (2/21/24) with capital murder & aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (on 2/16/24). Held without bond (murder). $500K Surety Bond (assault).
2/16/24 Update: Press Conference by Texas DPS Lt. Craig Cummings: live @ Browders Marina. Around 5:30pm yesterday Audrii was reported missing. Investigators are speaking with POI's right now, asking the public to report tips. Actively following leads, putting a reward together. FBI & Texas Rangers are part of the team. Boats are in the water searching, along with dogs right now. Won't talk about why they are at the marina right now. No person of interest in custody but there are "persons of interest". See transcript of press conference @ post #56 page 2. Cummings informed reporters that deputies were leaving the search area but will resume at daybreak the following morning Saturday. In the meantime, the DPS warned the public not to descend upon the area as to not the disturb the scene. Deputies are expected to secure the perimeter. Cummings earlier described the situation as an "all-hands-on-deck investigation." The Polk County and San Jacinto County sheriff's offices are assisting. DPS refused to give any further specifics about how Audrii may have vanished. They are talking with persons of interest. Audrii's family is said to be fully cooperating with authorities. "The focus right now is on bringing Audrii home," Lt. Cummings said. Transcript of 2nd press conference on 2/17/24 see post #87 page 5.
2/17/24 Update: Crews with Texas EquuSearch showed up at Lake Livingston to look for the girl around 6amSaturday after search efforts were paused Friday evening around 5pm. On Friday, the search was focused on an area near the south end of the lake. The Texas Dept. of Public Safety said the area was a "location of interest" & that leads led them there. Saturday morning, DPS identified what they're calling a vehicle of interest in the search for Audrii – a dark blue Chevrolet Suburban. Update on the search for Audrii Cunningham:I investigators believe the 2003 dark blue Chevrolet Suburban is a vehicle of interest in the search for the 11-year-old Polk Co. resident.
2/17/24 additional update: Found a black backpack near the Lake Livingston dam on Friday). McDougal is a person of interest. Arrested 2/16/24 on an unrelated charge {aggravated assault with a deadly weapon). Other items were found, but LE is not saying what they are. Investigators now have the vehicle in police custody, but where it was might lead police to clues. Investigators believe foul play is a factor. 2/17/24 additional update: 3rd press conference see post 253 page 13.
2/20/24 Update: Search crews found the body of 11-year-old Audrii & authorities expected to charge a suspect, who lived just behind her home, in connection with her disappearance. On Tuesday, authorities announced a search area for Audrii was declared a crime scene. Shortly after, officials confirmed they had located her body. According to Texas Department of Public Safety Lt. Craig Cummings, the crime scene included an area around US-59 & the Trinity River Bridge. Officials said they had the Trinity River Authority lower water levels to find the girl's body. Polk County District Attorney Shelley Sitton said they are preparing the appropriate arrest warrants for McDougal and that he faces a capital murder charge, which means he will be eligible for the death penalty. Audrii's remains have been transported to Harris County Medical Examiners office. “There is substantial evidence, through the evidence we’ve gathered, and some of that evidence was even gathered by the wonderful witnesses and wonderful folks out there in social media who sent us videos, who sent us pictures,” Polk County Sheriff Byron Lyons said. “Even that evidence helped us come up with these locations, as well as evidence from cell phones and videos to pinpoint these locations.” Cell phone analysis, videos collected by authorities and information from McDougal helped pinpoint several points of interest in the search for Audrii.
2/21/24 Update: McDougal was charged with Capital murder [person equal more than 10 years old less than 15 years] & aggravated assault with deadly weapon. $500K Surety bond.
2/22/24 Update: From the Complaint/Affidavit: Sheriff Bryon Lyons said her body was discovered by scuba divers in the Trinity River under US Highway 59. The water levels were adjusted for "areas of interest" to be searched. Audrii's body was found in the Trinity River weighed down with "a large rock tied to the child victim's body", according to court documents. “The rope used was consistent with rope that was observed in McDougal’s vehicle on a traffic stop two days prior,” the complaint states. In the complaint, a sheriff’s deputy said they have evidence that “McDougal lied about his whereabouts & activities on the day of February 15, 2024.” Video footage & cell phone data also put McDougal “at three locations of interest,” including at the river where the youngster’s body was finally found, the document said. Lyons said they were able to locate Audrii’s body with the substantial amount of evidence provided by witnesses’ cellphone video, several points of interest provided by the person of interest & surveillance videos. He said investigators also used evidence collected from cell phone analysis & information they received from McDougal. It was cited as “sufficient evidence” that “McDougal committed the offense of capital murder. "According to court documents, McDougal stabbed a man in the back last August in Polk County. The victim said McDougal & a woman he knew came to his home to ask for help & claimed his car battery was dead. The victim was jumping the car when McDougal stabbed him from behind, according to court records.
After Audrii went missing, the victim recognized McDougal as his alleged attacker & contacted the Polk County Sheriff's Office. They charged McDougal & locked him up in jail while the search for Audrii continued."

2/22/24 Update: Audrii died due to homicidal violence with blunt heard trauma, the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office has ruled. 2/22/24 Update: The arrest warrant filed by Justice of the Peace Jamie Richardson is based on sworn statements from a Polk County Sheriff's Office detective. It indicates McDougal refused to sign the document & checked a box indicating he didn't want a court appointed attorney.
2/24/24 Update: McDougal's arraignment was on Wednesday, 2/21/24. There is body cam video that was made available on Friday, 2/23/24. McDougal was nude & wore only a blanket wrapped around his waist to be arraigned. The body-worn camera video by Polk County sheriff's deputies as they pulled McDougal out of his jail cell for an arraignment in front of the justice of the peace. McDougal's arraignment was on Wednesday, 2/21/24. In the two-minute-long video, the most striking element is that he is not wearing any clothing. During his arraignment, he stated he would hire his own attorney. Your charge is capital murder. That's no bond," the justice of the peace says. The next step should be an official indictment after the case is presented to a grand jury.

"During that investigation, there were some circumstances that took place that would not allow us to be able to arrest him at that time, and he would not cooperate – would not – basically lawyered up, would not talk with investigators," Lyons said.

A timeline the sheriff’s office shared with a Houston station revealed he had been on investigators' radar since September.

The sheriff’s office said the victim initially identified another man, before saying he was certain it was McDougal who attacked him.

The victim's girlfriend met with the sheriff about a lack of progress in the investigation in November.

An audio recording was obtained by FOX 4, in which the sheriff is heard saying: "We dropped the ball on this, and we’re trying to find the ball to get it fixed."

You could be correct but I'm considering that Stanley was convinced by the unknown female that the perp was DM. She basically told LE on August 23 that she stabbed Stanley and the third person was DM. I feel she was instrumental in Stanley saying it was Stanley because he later said on September 9 that everyone was pushing him to say it was Reyes. At this point in time I'm sure LE couldn't really pinpoint whether he was actually IDing McDougal as the perp or whether he was being influenced by the female. Then later on December 4th he again identified Reyes as the perp. I'd love to see an image of Reyes. It's confusing and I can see LE's reluctance to charging people willynilly because a victim is all over the

There are multiple pictures of him with family, pics of him going on trips with the grandmother and Audri, pics with the Dad at some sort of music festival. I haven’t been able to find when he moved there and family has all locked down their social media now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back