14 october 2011 press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
LindsayShively Lindsay Shively
Family members just coming out to put up posters for #LisaIrwin outside at Grandparents house twitpic.com/707x4g
1 minute ago

Probably won't be TES. Not enough cameras in Kansas City to accomodate both Bill Stanton and Tim Miller.

Git out of my head!! :innocent:

Wonder who this could be?

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they don't talk, they're slammed. If they do talk, every thing they say is picked apart. Nothing this family does is good enough. I can see their reluctance to talk, particularly to local media, after they've been drug through the mud. While I wasn't particularly impressed with this news conference, they're trying to keep Lisa's name in the media. A lot of this circus has been created by the media, not Lisa's parents. Since I have no evidence they've done anything at this point, I'm definitely cutting them some slack. No one knows how they will react to something like this until they've walked a mile in their shoes.

My exact words I thought as I read through the thread trying to catch up.

Yes! Mob them. I wish I could take a pic of the area to show you just how ridiculous they have become. Why in the world would a local media outlet need 2 huge truck, 3 or so vans + 6 or so vehicles to do a story. I am talking 1 network a piece with this much! Multiply this with each network outlet and several people per vehicle and a lot of people (and many being very rude to boot) milling around in the street etc and you might be able to visualize. CRAZY!

Sorry of this is late but if the national media is not local to the story then they would be using the local media's equipment....which would result in double the equipment....some for the locals and then some more from the locals that is probably being used by the nationals.

So you can thank the parents for only wanting the national media around for doubling up the equipment and vehicles.

People are rude to me every day. At work, the grocery store, my kids' school...I deal with it, though, because they are a means to an end. If someone could help me find my missing daughter, I might hate every breath that they take, but I would USE them to get what I wanted/needed out of them.

But, if you could go to a different grocery store where the people were less rude, you would, right?

Anything that the family says to national news will be picked up by the local media. The national media might not go to the local guys to get info. So, it makes sense for them to only speak to National. It gets out faster and to many many more people at one time. I don't think it's suspicious. Also, the venues they have been on are not likely to pay them (at least no more than plane tickets and a hotel room) so I doubt that they are withholding info to sell to the highest bidder. And, as nasty as the local media has been to them I can see why they would choose this.

I think that for every "suspicious" action there is a perfectly good explanation so far. It may not be how we would handle things, but don't we owe it to these people to give them the benefit of the doubt? If they did not do anything to cause the disappearance of their daughter, then what the family is going through from the media and armchair detectives is practically sadistic.

I have a headache. I'm ready for my Xanax, 2 Tylenol, and a box of wine.

Now, now. You know the rules. If you didn't bring enough for the whole class, then you can't have them. So, where's mine??

Sorry of this is late but if the national media is not local to the story then they would be using the local media's equipment....which would result in double the equipment....some for the locals and then some more from the locals that is probably being used by the nationals.

So you can thank the parents for only wanting the national media around for doubling up the equipment and vehicles

bbm. ummm. :waitasec: i think both would be there any way. maybe i am missing something. IMO

Talk is cheap. LE is still searching, still going out everyday. I applaud them, and I am seeing them as the good guys. They are too busy working to say, "Look at me! Look at me!" MOO

I agree and thought this was worth repeating!

I have a headache. I'm ready for my Xanax, 2 Tylenol, and a box of wine.
"Several Xanax, 2 Tylenol, a box of wine, and thou."

I think that's how 'The Rubiyat of Omar Khayyam' puts it.

They really have tried. As soon as they leave, the media goes right back to what they were doing.
I think (JMHO) that logistics and parameters play a huge role when a case like this breaks.

If regular announcements are made - when and where PC's will be held - that the media scrum needs to respect the residents and their property - where media can peacefully assemble so as not to cause traffic or disturbing the peace problems.

If that is done and done tactfully and regularly then the local LE will have less headaches and complaints.

Face it, the local LE (along with all the feds and everyone else there to investigate) have very limited resources to have to "police the media".

If regular updates and announcements are made then local LE has an "upper hand" to deal with the renegade reporters and media who would rather like to act like the papparazzi that chase the stars.

OT, but Press conference at 2:00 pm for Aliayah Lunsford - Lets pray that today there is answers about both these beautiful little girls!!

While we are waiting, anyone want to speculate with me what the purpose of these two separate press conferences might be?

I mean why not just do one and include everything?

Respectfully IDM in some places having a baby who doesn't belong to your husband is considered somewhat 'checkered'. Living with someone while your husband lives elsewhere is considered somewhat 'checkered'. And at the time of the wine incident, the man was unidentified.

Perhaps if the family hadn't already signed a deal with the national news network by then, and had been talking to the local news media, one of the reporters might have reached out to DB and said "we have this video and would you like to comment." It probably would have been handled totally different. At the very least DB could have said that was my brother.
Regarding the wine incident, the media knew full well who he was before they publicly released the clip and ran with the story. Somewhat 'checkered' is not what they were eluding to either. They were making her sound positively horrid.

While we are waiting, anyone want to speculate with me what the purpose of these two separate press conferences might be?

I mean why not just do one and include everything?

Cinnamon roll break. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member