17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to know how long GZ owned the gun and how long he had the permit to carry a concealed weapon?

And...it did start raining harder! I thought that earlier and thought that was why Trayvon pulled his hoodie over his head. Seems like Trayvon had far more sense than GZ, too bad we'll never know Trayvon's full potential!

In an article I read (have no idea which one) they said TM told someone he wanted to be a pilot because there weren't that many black pilots. jmo

GZ's voice sounds slow and slurry in the 911 tape. Is this his normal speech pattern?

flourish please tell me it ain't so. GZ's brother is saying if his brother's head had been bashed in even more that he would be wearing diapers? OMG! :what: That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard! IF GZ had a head injury, wouldn't one think that he would've been a little dizzy and staggering in the police station video? :waitasec::waitasec:

I've heard it twice now but forced it back out of my brain so fast so I can't quote, but yeah, he said it. GZ versions 1.0-6.0 continue to be nothing but absurd. :crazy:

As for these "eye witnesses" I'm not giving them a whole lot of weight, no one seems to have seen this crime up close and personal, from beginning to end. Not enough to see who was on top, what positions TM and GZ where when the shot occurred, how many shots were heard and so on...:moo:

But it seems clear enough the two of them were struggling on the ground up until the shot. So they didn't run anywhere.

I'm just going to point something out, and please do not take it wrong, but Tulessa can only get over here on this forum when she can and she has been a great member of this forum for a very long time. Many, many posters have posted the same thing over and over and over again, knowing it had been established. So please, let's not get on her for contributing what she can when she would have no idea it had been established?

AMEN Lola!!!!

I'm just going to point something out, and please do not take it wrong, but Tulessa can only get over here on this forum when she can and she has been a great member of this forum for a very long time. Many, many posters have posted the same thing over and over and over again, knowing it had been established. So please, let's not get on her for contributing what she can?
Roger. :)

Because if the witness doesn't know, these type of questions are called "leading the witness."

In court or in a police station. Otherwise, it's just a good interview technique with a guest who is not very clear.

Zimmerman's brother (on Piers) said GZ didn't understand why no one came out to help him... but two witnesses (the 2 female roommates) came out & asked him twice what was going on & he didn't tell them to call 911 until the third time they asked. They've said this in several interviews as I recall.

I think if GZ believed he was not guilty he'd help investigators with anything he could to get the truth out. jmo. He wouldn't need people coming out to speak for him, backing up what we now see are lies (injuries from the fight didn't happen per police station video jmo). jmo.

First thing that popped in my head: The Anthonys.

The hearsay rule doesn't apply here for some reason?

I think Scott Peterson's media interviews were admitted into the trial. They actually helped get him to the Guilty Verdict.

It is all hearsay so far. But when they put them on the stand in a court and they ask them what Zimmerman told them and they state Zimmerman told me ABC it will be testimony that can be refuted by Zimmerman so it will be allowed.

Any statement made out of court not under oath is hearsay. The only time hearsay is not allowed in court is if the person who made the statement is not able to take the stand and swear to it one way or the other.

If I say well Joe Blow told me he killed Billy and Jimmy helped that would be allowed.

If Joe Blow was dead and could not refute or affirm it then the judge would not allow it, usually.

I want to clear up hearsay. Hearsay is admissible if it is used to impeach a witness. And the statement's of a party to a case, i.e., a defendant, are not hearsay because they are considered admissions by the party.

So here's how it would work:

Q: Sir, what did your brother tell you happened?
A: He said he was standing there and this kid came out of nowhere and jumped him.
Q: I want to show you a video that has been marked for i.d. purposes as Exhibit 333. Please watch.
Q: Now sir, that's not what you stated previously, correct? Isn't it true that you stated your brother ran after the victim?

In the above scenario (which isn't precisely how impeachment evidence would be utilized, but I've condensed it for space), the hearsay statements of the brother on the video come in as impeachment of the brother. The statement within his statement, what Zimmerman told him, is NOT hearsay because it is an admission by a party.

IMHO...All these friends and relatives coming forward to defend GZ are nothing but enablers...WHY can't he speak for himself? JMHO

Anything he says can be used against him in a court of law so if I was his attorney, I would tell him to keep his mouth firmly shut.

She's a minor.

Also, the girlfriend did not find out right away that he had been killed. From what I understand, once she did, she was overcome and had to be hospitalized. I would too realizing I heard the last moments of my boyfriend before he was murdered.

How can this NOT be a crime scene?! A young man with killed - shot with a gun. That's a crime no matter how you slice it. And it needs to be investigated as such. IMO

Can you explain my bold above? I don't understand...
If you are being confrontational, I dont care to reply, but maybe your'not.

I do not think he GZ had any intentions to kill anyone, I know something happened.
The area may indeed be deemed the spot where TM died, but there may end up being a self defense verdict. NOBODY KNOWS YET.

http://www.sugarlandtx.gov/police/services/programs/neighborhood_watch.asp

Please Remember
You are not being asked to take personal risks, only to serve as extra "eyes and ears" and to report information on crimes and suspicious activities promptly to:
9-1-1 for emergencies
(crimes in progress or life-threatening situations)

The police will take action on those reports.

Tulessa, here's something that you may find helpful in trying to understand the legal aspect of the case. Richard Hornsby spells out the legal angle of this case on his blog. Here's a link.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

I think the most important thing that come out of the witness tonight was that GZ did not appear injured when he got up...and he did not hesitate about saying that.

I think the most important thing that come out of the witness tonight was that GZ did not appear injured when he got up...and he did not hesitate about saying that.

He also kept going on about how it was too dark to tell who was where, apparently including clothing colors.

:waitasec:

LOL I just did that thing where you try to hit the "thanks" button a bunch of times:)

head on the sidewalk, head on the grass, wouldn't you shoot if you were getting beat up by someone who you thought was armed? I would.

Tulessa, here's something that you may find helpful in trying to understand the legal aspect of the case. Richard Hornsby spells out the legal angle of this case on his blog. Here's a link.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

I wish AZlawyer would come over here more often? No offense to RH? I miss AZlawyer and her wonderful insight.

BINGO!!!! Appeared not injured....

NOT injured enough to be "wearing diapers", per his brother! :banghead:

If I were unfortunate enough to own one of the homes in this development, I would GIVE it to the first person who would take it and get the hell out of there leaving NO forwarding address. There's going to be mountains of civil suits filed that will not need Perry Mason OR Matlock for staggering awards to the family of the victim.

No matter your opinion of the circumstances, this happened on the common grounds area of the complex. A man who the HOA called "Captain" of their Neighborhood Watch KILLED an unarmed young man.

Whatever the dollar amount of the civil awards may be, all deeded owners will receive a notice of special assessment containing the amount they will have to pay. It ain't gonna be pretty.

Have I missed something in these pages of threads. As far as I know GZ never id himself to the dispatch as the NW, he wasn't on patrol at the time supposedly according to his brother he was headed the store, he was acting as a concerned citizen at the time of this incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea