17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why did TM's father say the porch, if he was not actually killed on a porch?

1. I don't believe he said that at all, despite what the article says.

2. However, even if he did say that, the statement is directly contradicted by the location of where the two were according to the 911 callers and by the fact that Trayvon's body was not found on a porch.

http://www.the33tv.com/news/wpix-tryvon-foster-fact-or-fiction,0,7571524.story

This article claims an eye witness TOLD A REPORTER that GZ was yelling for help and ne told him that he had called 911.

Question : is it true that TM was with his younger brother AGE 13...buying skittles for him? Weren't they just watching TV together and planned to do so again? If the house was so close, was the brother a witness? Had he left the home and not waited for his brother? Did he also return late enough to see nothing?
Did he tell anyone that his brother went to the store and never came back? TM knew no one there in that area...so where has the family said they thought he was all night?

I have not read anything on this.

I haven't seen anything that answers these questions. Did I miss a page?
Did anyone read if his brother saw or heard anything? He was very close!! Did he not wonder why TM hadn't come back with his candy? Did he tell his mom and soon to be step dad that TM didn't return? Tia

I am trying to figure out in my mind if the struggle was on the ground at the time of the shot or if they ended up on their feet with them separated.

No, I just mean in general. I've fired hundreds of rounds of ammo at a time and you'd never have been able to tell with your naked eyes.

Here is what I think MIGHT have happened. Our house sits on a little hill right above the community pool. And there have been some break-ins there at the pool, and some costly vandalism. Also, some people sneak in after the pool is closed to party and midnight-swim. Since my own kids used to do that in high school [ I think so anyway] I do not usually report this even though my German Shepherd alerts me to any strange occurrences there.

But when I have seen people lurking, dressed in hoodies and in dark clothing, and standing in the shadows, then YES, I call the non-emergency number.

GZ first reported that TM was under the awning at the community center. That is a likely spot for a burglary or a break-in. So GZ probably thought he had a potential burglar and so he was going to cling on to this kid, hell or high water.

He was wrong and made terrible decisions. But I do not believe he set out to murder anybody, imo. I think this was the perfect storm of horrible circumstances. Especially weird if TM was already safely on his back porch,and then went to confront GZ, imo.

That is an excellent point about the clubhouse. It never occurred to me that GZ might consider TM was going to break in there.

If you watch the video Brandy Green says " He don't know nobody here, He just came out here, he was bored, So he walked to the store, he was on his way back home, I'm living down here, he was sitting out on the porch and this man he killed him. Are you Serious?"

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...n-shot-and-killed-in-neighborhood-altercation

I just watched the video,Brandy Green who I assume is the GF of Tracey said he was killed on his porch.

ETA Reporter talked to John a witness who again said man in Red on bottom yelled at him to help,John said he yelled for them to stop went in called 911 heard shot looked out guy who was on top now he was dead on the grass.

the Governor appointed a special prosecutor and the DOJ is investigating. There are reports that one of the officers wanted to arrest and charge him but he was overruled and that the SA drove to the scene over quite a distance late at night which was highly unusual. The town has a history of racial problems. The police chief spoke as though he was a defense attorney for GZ which is very unusual and inappropriate if, as you say, the investigation was on going and they just needed more time. I really don't think arguing that the Sanford police dept had been doing a bang up job on this case is a winning one.

How do we know it was not still being investigated and was swept under the rug?IMO Under the law GZ could not be arrested because he said he feared for his life and it was self defense.Just because they did not arrest him does not mean the investigation stopped.In many cases here I have seen weeks,months go by when it seemed a slam dunk case,sometimes it does take time.Is it possible Le was waiting for forensics to come back from clothing to determine what happened?Even now the parents want the DA investigated,since higher ups have taken this over I would think everyone who was part of Le decision to not arrest GZ is being questioned as to why and how they all came to that decision. I had a loved one murdered of course families want answers right away but unlike CSI TV shows answers can take months if not years.JMO

If so, then you are building the perfect defense for GZ. If TM was home safely on his porch, and he then went out again solely to confront and 'dance' with GZ, then self defense will be warranted, imo.

But assuming your hypothetical is true, how was TM any different than GZ, who was safely in his truck and then went out again solely to confront TM? Well, there's one difference: GZ had a gun.

It seems to me (IANAL) that it could be legally possible for two parties to both be "standing their ground" at the same time under Florida law. Would Florida then deem the result an "accidental homicide"?

I just watched the video,Brandy Green who I assume is the GF of Tracey said he was killed on his porch.

which, IMO TM made it all the way home and then possibly came back out to confront GZ about what his problem was.

Did anyone read if his brother saw or heard anything? He was very close!! Did he not wonder why TM hadn't come back with his candy? Did he tell his mom and soon to be step dad that TM didn't return? Tia

It is very odd IMO that the 13 yr old heard nothing and also how no one worried after TM went to get candy and a drink and never came home.

At that price I 'll take 2
:what:

Ha hah. I don't know why, but sometimes my "quote" doesn't work right, usually after I've typed out a really long well thought out post # sigh #

If you watch the video Brandy Green says " He don't know nobody here, He just came out here, he was bored, So he walked to the store, he was on his way back home, I'm living down here, he was sitting out on the porch and this man he killed him. Are you Serious?"

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...n-shot-and-killed-in-neighborhood-altercation

She was nowhere near the shooting that night. Maybe she was given misinformation, maybe she misunderstood what she was told, maybe she made the whole thing up. Maybe she was too upset to think straight. I don't know.

And IMO it doesn't matter what she said because as far as I know there is nothing to support her claim that he was killed on the porch. And for that matter, how could TM have been both "on his way back home" and "sitting on the porch"?

(That last is another rhetorical question.:))

If TM was killed on his porch, how far away was GZ's truck from TM's house?

On the 911 call GZ says he was walking back to his truck and that is when TM attacked him.

There is a video with the article. The interviews took place the day after the shooting. TM's father speaks first and then the woman he's standing with, who I will assume is his gf. She is the one who mentions the back porch, not TM's father. The woman is crying and obviously upset. Her statements are more a series of uttered phrases than complete sentences, not straightforward. Nevertheless, it seems to me that she is referrring to TM sitting on the back porch before he went to the store. I could be wrong, but neither can I infer from the snippets of that interview TM was shot while on his father's gf's backporch. :shakehead:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...led-in-neighborhood-altercation#ixzz1qpX1S895

He was only trying to get back :(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7K9-q6Qnzo"]Kenny Loggins & Jim Messina - House at Pooh Corner - YouTube[/ame]

Really good question, considering the father's account is that when he and his girlfriend came home they assumed Trayvon was with his cousin. Maybe the 13-year-old was already asleep by the time they got there? Maybe he was still asleep the next morning when they started calling around? Seems strange. Where did we learn that Trayvon was buying the Skittles for him?

which, IMO TM made it all the way home and then possibly came back out to confront GZ about what his problem was.

It just might be why GZ was not arrested.If TM made it safely home he should have just called 911 if he was afraid.If TM went back out again to find GZ then he instigated the attack.IF that happened he picked the wrong guy to jump.IMO,JMO. I find it very funny that no one has said anything about what the 13yr old said about this night.

It is very odd IMO that the 13 yr old heard nothing and also how no one worried after TM went to get candy and a drink and never came home.

Considering when my kids were 13 and 17 and the 17 said she was getting something for the 13 year old, he would call/text her a hundred times- where are you, when are you coming back, where is my stuff, etc. Especially if it was candy or ice-cream! Moo

But Trayvon was found in the hoodie.

I get what you're saying papa - but wouldn't the 13 yr old have heard the porch door? Why wouldn't Tray have put the skittels and iced tea down once in the porch - especially if he took off the hoodie?

I can't see him going back out that door WITH the skittles and can of iced tea.

IDK - thanks for all the diagrams - I"m with you about what happened including the time and space we're talking about - its just making it to the porch that I can't see,

JMHO

Thank you for the info on the hoodie. As I said above, I don't take TM's mother's (ETA I now understand the quote came from TM's father's gf) comment about the "back porch" too literally; I think it was just a way of saying "in his own back yard", i.e., where he should have been safe.

Thanks to you and Papa, I think it's more likely that TM went around the corner and hid somewhere near where he was murdered. Whether GZ followed him from the same direction or went around the block and came up the sidewalk from the direction of TM's house, I don't know. (TM's comment to his gf that he had lost his pursuer, if true, may suggest that GZ did indeed double around the block and surprise TM from the opposite direction.)

But we know where they ended up and it wasn't far enough from GZ's truck to take two minutes to reach (particularly not if TM were running or walking quickly). So something happened during that time: to me it makes more sense that TM was hiding than that he made it home and came all the way back with his tea and skittles.

There is a video with the article. The interviews took place the day after the shooting. TM's father speaks first and then the woman he's standing with, who I will assume is his gf. She is the one who mentions the back porch, not TM's father. The woman is crying and obviously upset. Her statements are more a series of uttered phrases than complete sentences, not straightforward. Nevertheless, it seems to me that she is referrring to TM sitting on the back porch before he went to the store. I could be wrong, but neither can I infer from the snippets of that interview TM was shot while on his father's gf's backporch. :shakehead:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...led-in-neighborhood-altercation#ixzz1qpX1S895

BBM

I'm glad there was a video.

I agree, I don't see where she's saying that Trayvon was on the porch at the time of the shooting.

She's rambling, as if to say, he hasn't bothered anyone, he came up here, he was sitting on the porch, as examples of what he's been doing while he was there, and now he's dead, as if to say for no good reason.

She's not giving a timeline.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads