17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in the last thread just before it got locked, bringing over here...

~Initial police reports never mentioned that Zimmerman had a bloody nose or a wet shirt that showed evidence of a struggle.~

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...tml#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Thoughts?

The Miami Herald has it wrong.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report.pdf

Page 4 Officer Timothy Smith wrote: "While I was was in such close contact with Zimmerman, I could observe that his back appeared to be wet and was covered in grass, as if he had been laying on his back on the ground. Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and back of his head."

How much I believe any report from the Sanford Police is my opinion, but that comment is in the report.

What part of the recorded call with the dispatcher has Trayvon acting suspicious? Was it the part where he is walking in the rain with his hood up looking around him? Was it the part where he looked black? Was it the part where he walked up towards Zimmerman and continued past him to get home? Exactly what part explains how he acted in a suspicious manner?

All of your questions are answered in the first few seconds of the call.

But he was "looking about" while he was walking on a sidewalk. Wow, who "looks about" while they're walking on a sidewalk, soooo suspicious, maybe GZ thinks everyone stares straight down towards the ground til they reach theirt destination?
Oh and Trayvon did duck under an awning while it was raining out. Again, who would ever do something like that in the rain?

Wow that should make it all ok for GZ to conclude that Trayvon needed to be chased with a loaded weapon at the ready.

sarcasm off now-
JMHO

Thank you and amen

The original post on this conversation that I responded to says that from the 911 call GZ saw him acting suspicious before he could even tell he was AA. My question was what part of the call with the dispatcher (since technically it was not a 911 call) explains the suspicious manner in which Trayvon was acting. One would think that when reporting someone that is acting suspicious that the person reporting would give reasons why they feel the suspect is acting suspicious. From what Zimmerman said on that call I heard nothing that would lead someone to think that Trayvon was up to no good.

MOO

So for what reason do you think GZ called 911 or whoever he called?

Then came the second encounter, according to Tracy Martin’s recollection of the detective’s account. Trayvon Martin appeared from behind a building in Zimmerman’s gated community, approached him and demanded, “What’s your problem, homie?”

When Zimmerman replied that he didn’t have a problem, Martin said, “You do now.” The unarmed teenager hit Zimmerman, knocked him to the ground, pinned him down and told him to “shut the [expletive] up.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ayvons-death/2012/03/28/gIQA6MKhhS_story.html

I have a real problem with Tracy Martin telling people (media etc.) only about the first encounter but not the second one.

The second one would be the one where his son was shot dead. I would say he HAS been talking about that.

The Miami Herald has it wrong.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin Lakes Shooting Initial Report.pdf

Page 4 Officer Timothy Smith wrote: "While I was was in such close contact with Zimmerman, I could observe that his back appeared to be wet and was covered in grass, as if he had been laying on his back on the ground. Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and back of his head."

How much I believe any report from the Sanford Police is my opinion, but that comment is in the report.

It's in that report, but that "initial" report also has Trayvon's name, despite the fact that we know that Trayvon's body wasn't identified until the following day.

All of your questions are answered in the first few seconds of the call.

I've listened to that call many times now and I have yet to hear Zimmerman explain why he thought Trayvon was acting in a suspicious manner. I firmly believe that Zimmerman targeted Trayvon simply because he did not know him, did not want to let those "@ssholes" get away with it again and did in fact base his opinions of Trayvon based solely on Trayvon's looks.

Then came the second encounter, according to Tracy Martin’s recollection of the detective’s account. Trayvon Martin appeared from behind a building in Zimmerman’s gated community, approached him and demanded, “What’s your problem, homie?”

When Zimmerman replied that he didn’t have a problem, Martin said, “You do now.” The unarmed teenager hit Zimmerman, knocked him to the ground, pinned him down and told him to “shut the [expletive] up.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ayvons-death/2012/03/28/gIQA6MKhhS_story.html

I have a real problem with Tracy Martin telling people (media etc.) only about the first encounter but not the second one.

He is telling it to the Washington post in that article you just quoted.

If SFD treated GZ's injuries at the scene, I'm sure they also have reports.

But he was "looking about" while he was walking on a sidewalk. Wow, who "looks about" while they're walking on a sidewalk, soooo suspicious, maybe GZ thinks everyone stares straight down towards the ground til they reach their destination.
Oh and Trayvon did duck under an awning while it was raining out. Again, who would ever do something like that in the rain?

Wow that should make it all ok for GZ to conclude that Trayvon needed to be chased with a loaded weapon at the ready.

sarcasm off now-
JMHO

If one were to walk about the neighborhood wearing a hoodie and looking down, they would be guilty of hiding their face, thus suspicious. Only a delusional sociopath would see it this way.

The SPD issued a press release letting the media know that they would use the stalking law to arrest anyone that followed employees and asked them questions. This can be found on the website below in my signiture line. If SPD can threaten the media with this law then why is it not being used against Zimmerman?

If members of the media or GZ repeatedly followed or harassed someone, they could be charged with stalking.
(2) Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ing&URL=0700-0799/0784/Sections/0784.048.html

He insisted that evidence collected at the scene and from witnesses did not provide enough probable cause to refute Zimmerman’s version that he shot Trayvon in self defense, and says it would have been against the law to arrest him.

“They are saying that things that aren’t factual, that we had admitted that we didn’t know about George Zimmerman’s criminal history, which is not true,” Lee told The Herald. “We ran his history that morning. I said, ‘He doesn’t have a criminal history, anything that prohibits him from having a concealed weapons permit — which is true. He has an arrest record, but he has not been convicted of anything.”

The “squeaky clean” quote was out of context, Lee said, and critics “are basing their opinion on what is being portrayed in the media.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/21/2706876_p2/sanford-commission-votes-no-confidence.html#storylink=cpy%23storylink=cpy%23storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

RBBM: "That morning"?! What morning? As in after the fact it was decided not to charge him?

Showing my ignorance here but I have no idea what ethnic names a young black man would have for someone hispanic but is it homie? Not asking for specifics just that GZ does look more hispanic than say Irish so would TM have called him homie?? Kids today are into new phrases every day so is this one still popular, homie, I mean.

Tracy knew police were lying to him. I fully understand.

The second one would be the one where his son was shot dead. I would say he HAS been talking about that.

No, he's taking the first encounter and then adding in that his son was dead from walking home only with skittles and iced tea.

All the other stuff he's leaving out.

But he was "looking about" while he was walking on a sidewalk. Wow, who "looks about" while they're walking on a sidewalk, soooo suspicious, maybe GZ thinks everyone stares straight down towards the ground til they reach their destination.

sarcasm off now-
JMHO

Is there a NO LOOKING ABOUT law in Florida and that's why GZ called it in?

If members of the media or GZ repeatedly followed or harassed someone, they could be charged with stalking.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ing&URL=0700-0799/0784/Sections/0784.048.html

And I contend that Zimmerman followed Trayvon twice that night. Once in his truck and once on foot. Zimmerman was also told that he did NOT need to follow Trayvon and yet continued to do so. If Zimmerman had been walking back to his truck as he and his family, friends, lawyer claim then Trayvon would not have been killed where he was.

MOO

Showing my ignorance here but I have no idea what ethnic names a young black man would have for someone hispanic but is it homie? Not asking for specifics just that GZ does look more hispanic than say Irish so would TM have called him homie?? Kids today are into new phrases every day so is this one still popular, homie, I mean.

No I don't think Homie is an ethnic name or description.

JMO

No, he's taking the first encounter and then adding in that his son was dead from walking home only with skittles and iced tea.

All the other stuff he's leaving out.

Tracy wasn't there when it happened. He is recounting what LE told him, that is, the part he believes. Tracy and TM's mother are not stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member