17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can it be a defense, he wasn't suffering from PTSD when he shot Trayvon?

As I understand it, he needs money for living expenses, since he "was involved in a life-altering event" that left him unable to work and forced to relocate.

He altered some lives that night, alright. IMO

If he was smart he would hire an attorney who handles high profile cases and he could sell his story to several networks and magazines, who would gladly pay him. Instead he once again took the situation into his own hands and now is broke begging for money.

"it may become a defense"....gz lawyer when asked by AC if it was ethical to bring up possible PTSD.

He may have it now (which I very much doubt) but how can that be a defense for him for his actions on 2/26? What could he possibly have PTSD from then that would 'make' him kill a young black man?

Mark nejame on hln....was cringing and clenching his jaw during the attys presser.

He also, interestingly, pretended to have a malfunction with his earphone connection when the host kept asking him if Zimmerman had contacted him at all....

jmo

Geragos on Anderson Cooper... " OH MY GOD!! " "They went out and blasted their client then diagnosed their client's mental state", "I thought he was watching an SNL skit" .. "my tongue is bleeding I was biting it so hard"..... omg lolol!!

Just released by SP: announcement to come within next 72 hours!

I was curious too so I went and looked at the Qualifications to be appointed a Magistrate Judge

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-37

§ 19.2-37. Magistrates; eligibility for appointment; restrictions on activities.

A. Any person who is a United States citizen and resident of the Commonwealth may be appointed to the office of magistrate under this title subject to the limitations of Chapter 28 (§ 2.2-2800 et seq.) of Title 2.2 and of this section.

B. Every person appointed as a magistrate on and after July 1, 2008, shall be required to have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education. A person initially appointed as a magistrate prior to July 1, 2008, who continues in office without a break in service is not required to have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.

C. A person shall not be eligible for appointment as a magistrate under the provisions of this title: (a) if such person is a law-enforcement officer; (b) if such person or his spouse is a clerk, deputy or assistant clerk, or employee of any such clerk of a district or circuit court, provided that the Committee on District Courts may authorize a magistrate to assist in the district court clerk's office on a part-time basis; (c) if the parent, child, spouse, or sibling of such person is a district or circuit court judge in the magisterial region where he will serve; or (d) if such person is the chief executive officer, or a member of the board of supervisors, town or city council, or other governing body for any political subdivision of the Commonwealth.

D. No magistrate shall issue any warrant or process in complaint of his spouse, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent, parent-in-law, child-in-law, brother, sister, brother-in-law or sister-in-law, nephew, niece, uncle, aunt, first cousin, guardian or ward.

E. A magistrate may not engage in any other activity for financial gain during the hours that he is serving on duty as a magistrate. A magistrate may not be employed outside his duty hours without the prior written approval of the Executive Secretary.

F. No person appointed as a magistrate on or after July 1, 2008, may engage in the practice of law.

G. A magistrate who is designated as a marriage celebrant under § 20-25 may not accept a fee, a gratuity, or any other thing of value for exercise of authority as a marriage celebrant.

(Code 1950, § 19.1-385; 1973, c. 545; 1975, c. 495; 1976, c. 138; 1978, cc. 463, 760; 1984, c. 41; 1985, c. 45; 1986, c. 202; 1996, c. 112; 1999, c. 267; 2004, c. 830; 2008, cc. 551, 691.)

In my experience, magistrate judge's are always lawyers -- just like regular judges. Take that fwiw, though, b/c I don't know that there aren't any exceptions for certain types of magistrates or in certain jurisdictions.

Jose Baez on CNN right now -- "I'm looking at a saturday night skit" -- blasts GZ's (former) lawyers. Says they could have broken confidentiality.

fom sa. press conference within 72 hrs about the case. press will be given 3 hrs notice to set up

We have officially entered the Twilight Zone, Jose Baez going off about ethics in other attorneys.

I don't want a bounty placed on GZ----I want what Trayvon's parents and most law-abiding citizen's in this country want----a detailed investigation and if charges are warranted---file them. I personally feel that GZ is a loose cannon now and was when Trayvon was shot. I also don't like the reference to TM slinking around the homes. TM is dead ---he can't defend himself. I await the special prosecutors assessment. IMO

PS--
If GZ is arrested and tried, I promise to abide by a decision rendered by the jury. I promise!!!!!!!:please::please::please::please:

Geragos on Anderson Cooper... " OH MY GOD!! " "They went out and blasted their client then diagnosed their client's mental state", "I thought he was watching an SNL skit" .. "my tongue is bleeding I was biting it so hard"..... omg lolol!!

Certainly we've all admired Geragos for his professional demeanor and careful portrayal of his clients.

On Nancy Grace they just said the state attorney will announce within 72 hours if there will be charges.....And media will get 3 hours notice before the announcement.....No link watching it so will add IMHO:please::please: Manslaughter Charges..IMHO JMHO and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74