17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawyers said they had been trying to arrange a meeting between the Special Prosecutor and them and Zimmerman for a while. Then they said Zimmerman went behind their backs and tried to talk to the SP.

Then the SP comes out and says news conference within 72 hours.

I really think he was told to turn himself in and something is going wrong.

I think she wanted to have him under arrest before announcing the charges.

I think the SP is giving him 72 hours before she issues a warrant.

I really think you're right! The whole conference was so desperate... like they were still defending him, but covering their butts at the same time.

Wow!

The lawyers said they had been trying to arrange a meeting between the Special Prosecutor and them and Zimmerman for a while. Then they said Zimmerman went behind their backs and tried to talk to the SP.

Then the SP comes out and says news conference within 72 hours.

I really think he was told to turn himself in and something is going wrong.

I think she wanted to have him under arrest before announcing the charges.

I think the SP is giving him 72 hours before she issues a warrant.

That makes sense. If that is the case, then he needs to turn himself in. Did anyone hear what he talked to Hannity about?

And Hannity prolly' knows he's ran off and the SA has made a deal with him not to spill it yet.......

IF any of this is the case....the FOX news legal team is all over this trying to figure out how to handle it.....

jmo

What would be the point in running? If he is to be arrested, he'll be placed in a cell of his own, under protective custody until he can bail out. He's more than likely going to get bond? If he runs... he can kiss that goodbye!

IF GZ goes on the run and people continue to give money too him via the website, can that be considered aiding and abetting?

Until he is charged, he can continue to live his life, if and when there is an indictment. That's a tricky question because people were led to believe that they were helping his defense, not to aid and abet.

What would be the point in running? If he is to be arrested, he'll be placed in a cell of his own, under protective custody until he can bail out. He's more than likely going to get bond? If he runs... he can kiss that goodbye!

That would be the thinking of a rational human being.

Until he is charged, he can continue to live his life. I'm sure if there is an indictment. That's a tricky question because people were led to believe that they were helping his defense, not to aid and abet.

I was thinking of a case where he is indicted but doesn't turn himself in

Do you think he called the SA to tell her he was going to flee and she told him to talk to his lawyers and he wasn't having it?

ETA: Totally ignore this post... it makes no sense as I am making no sense right now because I think I am in shock.

GZ may not be charged and if he is out of the country as I understand it he was free to move around as he pleased.

I meant it in terms of someone asking if it could be considered aiding and abetting. I don't see how it could if they were giving the money to help with his defense, that is what his website says its for legal defense and living expenses.

Ima

I don't think I understand your question. Let me try again.

George cannot take pay-pal donations under false pretenses. Saying he has a "defense fund" doesn't mean whatever George wants it to mean. It's a type of contract between himself and whoever gives the money that it's used for legitimate purposes.

Light bill, water bill, food at home for family, court fees, legal pads - Legitimate.

Airline tickets out of state? Not legit.

Food on the run? Not legit.

See what I mean? He can't just take money and run and call it "defense" when he doesn't even acknowledge his defense attorneys, it seems to me.

These guys set up a fund with George's father's name on it. Why? Because let's be realisitic ~ George may be going to jail.

I think they didn't put his wife's name on the account because they may all ready be having money troubles and they don't want it seized. OR, the father is just a control freak - who knows?

Bottom line - attorneys cannot set up bank accounts and take donations and not itemize where the money is going. That is not legal in any way, and it's unethical.

This prosecutor probably wants to charge with him something - manslaughter most likely.
But if he isn't in state, he can't be charged.

So I think this 72 hour thing means that she is giving him 72 hours to get back to Florida and be ready to turn himself in to authorities.

If George doesn't return to Florida, he cannot charged, right?

And if he cannot be charged and isn't talking to attorneys, then there is no "defense" going on. That was the point of the press conference today. He is gone, and his lawyers can't reach him. They can't defend him and they can't guarantee he will cooperate with authorities, so they cut off ties with him.

If people give him money for "defense" that means to pay his attorneys and for living expenses for his family. That's my understanding at least.

If George then takes that money and goes to another state or to Canada or Peru or wherever, then the money is being used to aid and abet a fugitive.

JMOO :cow: :moo:

Do you think he called the SA to tell her he was going to flee and she told him to talk to his lawyers and he wasn't having it?

ETA: Totally ignore this post... it makes no sense as I am making no sense right now because I think I am in shock.

Why would he tell the State Attorney that he was planning to flee? I would think that would be that last thing he would do. Unless he was looking for an insanity defense. :crazy:

Okay... so the SA can't charge him if he isn't in Florida? Can they put out a warrant for his arrest?

If he fled... there are people kicking themselves hard right now, IMO.

Maybe she's only going to share some information, like information about the autopsy or some evidence tht she is able to share to help the public understand a little more clearly.

as GZ's attorneys and even if he was a prospective client they would be obligated to confidentiality and various other rules although not to the same extent, perhaps, as if they had formally represented him. The rules are written to benefit the client and make it harder for the attorney to squirm out of their obligations but I don't know that GZ is in position to go after them for anything....now...if he loses his case he may have a bone to pick with them about the advice they offered and the confidences they spilled about his mental state etc.

The more vocal guy today, Ulrich? I'm not clear on whether they actually spoke. I know GZ talked to Sonner? but wasn't sure about the other guy. And they never met with him at all. Really strange all around.

Which doesn't apply here because they never filed, and there is a question as to whether there was any contract, was there a meeting of the minds?

Why would he tell the State Attorney that he was planning to flee? I would think that would be that last thing he would do. Unless he was looking for an insanity defense. :crazy:

That's why I said to ignore that post... I'm not thinking straight right now. I'm in shock. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769