2 Coal Miners trapped Barton, MD

I was worried about the explosives too- just from my knowledge of what happened to the guys in Tassie (how's that, I've forgotten their names already! lol) ( I remember one was Todd Brant that right?)

Anyway, I'm sure it must have been safe- they surely wouldn't jeapordise the lives of these two guys....I assume they know what they are doing...?

I wonder how far down they are?
Narla Im suffering from Alzheimers, I dont remember their names either:D but on a serious note I hope these guys get out safe and sound.

Narla Im suffering from Alzheimers, I dont remember their names either:D but on a serious note I hope these guys get out safe and sound.

Todd Brant and someone Webb I think...Russell?
Dingo will know-

Dingo is a wealth of knowledge, very smart lady.:woohoo:
It is Todd Russell and Brant Webb.... I have their book. Gee, those guys were just soooo lucky to survive. I hope they do not have to work down a mine ever again.

It is Todd Russell and Brant Webb.... I have their book. Gee, those guys were just soooo lucky to survive. I hope they do not have to work down a mine ever again.
I would like to read their book, is it a good read. I dont think they will ever have to work again. They would have had to have a payout from their employer for compensation plus the media and their book. They deserve to be able to put their feet up and spend some quality time with their families.

I would like to read their book, is it a good read. I dont think they will ever have to work again. They would have had to have a payout from their employer for compensation plus the media and their book. They deserve to be able to put their feet up and spend some quality time with their families.
It is although I think they held back a bit with some of the personal stuff.. But who would really spill everything like that in a book.. Stuart Divers book was really good. He is a really remarkable guy.. Cute too..I have that at my mums.
I agree that hopefully they have had a good payout.I think they do corporate speaking also.. They are very motivating. I know Todd Russell has bought a new house on land not far from Beaconsfield. Brant bought a house for his kids in Launceston and a boat for he and his wife. He was a lettuce farmer before turning to mining.
Mining is a scary,hard way to earn a crust.. I hope all the miners who work in that mine are taken care of for not being able to work. That company put their lives at risk... my hubby is a union rep and shares the same union as the miners.

It is although I think they held back a bit with some of the personal stuff.. But who would really spill everything like that in a book.. Stuart Divers book was really good. He is a really remarkable guy.. Cute too..I have that at my mums.
I agree that hopefully they have had a good payout.I think they do corporate speaking also.. They are very motivating. I know Todd Russell has bought a new house on land not far from Beaconsfield. Brant bought a house for his kids in Launceston and a boat for he and his wife. He was a lettuce farmer before turning to mining.
Mining is a scary,hard way to earn a crust.. I hope all the miners who work in that mine are taken care of for not being able to work. That company put their lives at risk... my hubby is a union rep and shares the same union as the miners.
My dad was an underground miner all his working life, he is now retired and living by the beach. I remember Mum worried a lot about him, but that was all he knew, plus he was on permanent night shift, I remember as a kid having to be quiet as Dad slept when we were awake and vice versa.
I live in a predominately mining town, but they are mainly open cut, only a couple of underground mines here, luckily we havent had any major accidents. I hope those two ex miners are enjoying their lives but I bet they still have bad thoughts, dreams etc about the incident, it sounds like they have good family and friends so hopefully they have the support to get them through. I wish them all the best.

That whole thing made you never want to go to the snow again....and I haven't LOL ( but not because of that lol)

My dad was an underground miner all his working life, he is now retired and living by the beach. I remember Mum worried a lot about him, but that was all he knew, plus he was on permanent night shift, I remember as a kid having to be quiet as Dad slept when we were awake and vice versa.
I live in a predominately mining town, but they are mainly open cut, only a couple of underground mines here, luckily we havent had any major accidents. I hope those two ex miners are enjoying their lives but I bet they still have bad thoughts, dreams etc about the incident, it sounds like they have good family and friends so hopefully they have the support to get them through. I wish them all the best.

Me too, Dingo and I were here for two weeks following that- the thread didn't die till they were out.

And I will never forgot Russell grabbing that tag- I cried every time I saw that bit

Me too, Dingo and I were here for two weeks following that- the thread didn't die till they were out.

And I will never forgot Russell grabbing that tag- I cried every time I saw that bit
Yep, it is nearly a year ago. I bet those two will get together and thank their lucky stars on Anzac day.

Yep, it is nearly a year ago. I bet those two will get together and thank their lucky stars on Anzac day.

You bet Kazz- so funny they didn't have any common ground- two weeks together in a situation like that- they found some!

I got goosebumps when the came out of that lift, and when I saw Tracy Grimshaw crying, I did too. Wasnt it sad that Richard Charlton had a heart attack there, it was such a relief that the miners came out then in the next instance we hear about Richard Charlton, very sad.

I got goosebumps when the came out of that lift, and when I saw Tracy Grimshaw crying, I did too. Wasnt it sad that Richard Charlton had a heart attack there, it was such a relief that the miners came out then in the next instance we hear about Richard Charlton, very sad.

Grimshaw sucks I have more compassion in my little toe- at least they didn't get Ray to do that interview- I should be grateful I guess- lol

Omg, I totally forgot about that- yes that was awful

Grimshaw sucks I have more compassion in my little toe- at least they didn't get Ray to do that interview- I should be grateful I guess- lol

Omg, I totally forgot about that- yes that was awful
Hey, ban Ray i say... I do not like most of channel 9's presenters.They are all insincere.IMO

Hey, ban Ray i say... I do not like most of channel 9's presenters.They are all insincere.IMO
None of them do much for me either but for some reason when I saw Tracy Grimshaw cry and yelled THERE THEY ARE, THEY'RE OUT, or something similar it just hit me like a ton of bricks and I started to cry, tears of happiness.:blowkiss:

None of them do much for me either but for some reason when I saw Tracy Grimshaw cry and yelled THERE THEY ARE, THEY'RE OUT, or something similar it just hit me like a ton of bricks and I started to cry, tears of happiness.:blowkiss:

I cried so much for those two guys- my folks live in Tas (no, I'm not Tasmanian LOL) and the whole state was in shock for those guys- as well as the nation

I hope these two guys make it out- prayers for their families.

I cried so much for those two guys- my folks live in Tas (no, I'm not Tasmanian LOL) and the whole state was in shock for those guys- as well as the nation

I hope these two guys make it out- prayers for their families.
Me too Narla.
Isnt great how the Aussies come together when their is a crisis, I hope they are getting similar support from their communities, Im sure they are. Its just weird how a crisis just gets strangers together and become life long friends.:blowkiss:

"BARTON, Md. - Workers on Friday found the body of one of two miners trapped when a wall section collapsed in an open-pit coal mine in western Maryland, a federal mine official said.

The body was found in a backhoe the man had been operating Tuesday when the two miners were buried beneath at least 45 feet of debris, said Bob Cornett, acting regional director for the federal Mine Safety and Health Administration"

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070420/ap_on_re_us/mine_

I just heard on the news that they have found the body of the 2nd miner. It is not on their website yet so no link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pakaberry
Back