20/20 - Josh Powell Told Sons He Had 'Surprise' For Them, Social Worker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.

But on another note, I want to say how thankful I am for all of you. I really am. This place has become like a second family of friends coming together to share our outrage, despair, grief and hope.

I have never encountered a site with so many caring, wonderful individuals, all fighting hard for justice and caring, hoping, praying for the innocent. You guys rock. You keep me sane. Thank you.

I feel the way!

J told the boys he had a surprise.:banghead: I see this as he coaxed the boys to come visit............made sure the boys hung onto the word surprise. I've never heard of such an evil person.
( I think the family was sick. Personally I have no doubt that J's dad knew about Susan and what happened to her. :( )

I'm so disturbed. Do you think he said he had a surprise for him to get him to the room/area they found the bodies in??

Poor sweet boys!

This makes me more sad for Susan too. Makes you wonder what he said to her.

I'm so disturbed. Do you think he said he had a surprise for him to get him to the room/area they found the bodies in??

Poor sweet boys!

I don't think so, because it appears he did this pretty much right inside the front door, and it sounds like he began the attack immediately after saying that (since the social worker reported hearing Braden cry out right away after that, and this all happened in a very short space of time, before she called anyone).

This really does get worse and worse.

I am really surprised that he spared the case worker from being a victim too. Even though there wasn't really anything anyone could have done, I'm surprised that someone who seems like as much of a control freak as JP would leave anything to chance. And if he can kill his own children and presumably his wife, why would he even care if she lived or died?

Omg, so sickening and terrifying. The Shining came to mind for me, too. I was terrified when I read that book, everyone was, and for just the reason this is even more horrifying than most: because "Daddy" is the person who protects you and loves you and gives you nice surprises like toys and games and books. To think they expected a surprise from Daddy and got the worst pain and fear imaginable! From the person they'd just run to in excitement. And the only other adult they knew banging frantically on the door and crying out for them. Horrifying. Horrifying. I hate that they left the Earth with such pain and fear and betrayal.

Haven't read this whole thread..came here for exactly this revelation..that he said he had a big surprise for them. That detail just sent me over the top when I thought I was already at the summit. He ranks right up there with Most Evil.

This really does get worse and worse.

I am really surprised that he spared the case worker from being a victim too. Even though there wasn't really anything anyone could have done, I'm surprised that someone who seems like as much of a control freak as JP would leave anything to chance. And if he can kill his own children and presumably his wife, why would he even care if she lived or died?

BBM

I don't think he spared her for any altruistic reason. He simply wanted to keep her out because she would have fought him and tried to keep the boys safe.

I agree with everything being said, there are no words, and it seems to just get worse as time goes on, it's just truly, truly horrifying.

One the the things we all at least hoped for when we first heard was that it was quick and the boys didn't suffer. Now we see that wasn't the case, these two sweet innocent boys, who were too young to be able to even comprehend that their father was responsible for what happened to their mother, and who loved him unconditionally, met a painful and horrifying death at his hands.

It's too much to even bear for those of us that don't even personally know them, it must be a million times worse for the Cox and Graves families to first lose them and then to know how they suffered. We can only imagine their unbearable grief. God Bless them all.
:cry:

JMHO

WTAE.com/news
just announced on TV that jp tried to kill his children one time BEFORE this happened!
I do not know to make a new hread for this or not.........if anyone wants to.
I will add more info, waiting on news!

WTAE.com/news
just announced on TV that jp tried to kill his children one time BEFORE this happened!

What the ffff.....heck? :eek:

okay the WTAE news was BS........they never mentioned the BEFORE........all they mentioned was the axe being used before fire....media hype once again.......sorry I thought jp
had a trial run, but does not seem so.

WTAE.com/news

Seriously? Who knew?
WOW

Just when i thought we had heard the worst every day new details that break the heart and boggle the mind. My heart breaks for these boys and their family. My heart breaks for everyone involved and their families also. It is just the saddest case I think I have ever followed and it keeps getting worse. Bless those involved and I hope somehow they find peace.

I feel the same way. Every day, more horrifying. I do keep reading because it reminds me exactly how evil a supposed "human" being can be, and to always be aware that they walk amongst us every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea