2005.09.21 Emergency Landing jetBlue flight

Now they ARE saying they CAN'T dump the fuel.

It will land at 5:25pm at LAX, good approach pattern, long runway and some of the best rescue folks around + extensive emergency resources. That's why LAX was decided on.

145 passengers on board, heavy laden with producer, actor types who travel back and forth to NYC on a reguylar basis.

Can't put the nose down early or it will tip the plane and make it spin off to one side. The front landing gear is stuck at a 90 degree angle going toward the back of the plane.

There dear Buzz! I'll keep you tuned in. LOL

Scandi

I was involved in a situation like that years ago. It was an Eastern Airline flight from Atlanta to Miami. We dumped fuel and landed on foam at Miami International. We were all OK but upset. That was the first time ever that I saw flight attendents drinking the little vodka bottles straight up. So, it does happen and has happened before.

concernedperson said:
I was involved in a situation like that years ago. It was an Eastern Airline flight from Atlanta to Miami. We dumped fuel and landed on foam at Miami International. We were all OK but upset. That was the first time ever that I saw flight attendents drinking the little vodka bottles straight up. So, it does happen and has happened before.
WOW!!!! I would have been fighting her for the bottle!

Sounds like Long beach airport has just too many obstructions in the way. LAX is looking the best for now.

scandi said:
It will land at 5:25pm at LAX, good approach pattern, long runway and ome of the bes rescue folks around + extensive emergency resources.
They are trying to burn off as much fuel as possible..lots of drag right now. they are a bit concerned about the nightime and evening fog.
All passengers will be braced 5 ot 30 secnds prior to touch down.

That would be the longest 30 seconds!!
JBean said:
They are trying to burn off as much fuel as possible..lots of drag right now. they are a bit concerned about the nightime and evening fog.
All passengers will be braced 5 ot 30 secnds prior to touch down.

10 min to go before they land. Emergency crew on hand and ready at LAX. Will be a delicate landing job. People probably being prepared on their positioning so that if the nose goes down hard it will be safer for them. Stewardesses all probably taking little nips of vodka!

God Bless the pilot and co-pilot and the man with the mike in the tower.

Scandi

6 min to go

T'sNana said:
That would be the longest 30 seconds!!
No chit!!! Our local LA channels are still reporting that they are undecided on the airport.

none of us really know who is reporting the correct info...if any. God Bless them!! Apparently MSNBC is what the people on the plane can pick up on TV on the plane!!!
JBean said:
No chit!!! Our local LA channels are still reporting that they are undecided on the airport.

JBean said:

Jelly, channel 7 says LAX. ;)

JMHO
fran

T'sNana said:
WOW!!!! I would have been fighting her for the bottle!
Don't worry we all had our own. I felt OK that my life insurance premiums were paid up and the kids would be OK. The position for crash landing still stays with me after all these years.But what was interesting is the behavior of others as I always thought that they would at least pretend to be OK but in life and death situations we all come back to who we really are. Just people with real people concerns. So, our heros are us. So, if you think you can't make a difference think again.

Sometimes a step isn't gigantic but maybe someone else can't make that step. I have seen this over and over. Never give up on people sometimes they just need the step.

90 more minutes in the air..no decision as to where they will land

That had to be so scary, yet comforting to see how people can make a difference. Glad you made it okay!
concernedperson said:
Don't worry we all had our own. I felt OK that my life insurance premiums were paid up and the kids would be OK. The position for crash landing still stays with me after all these years.But what was interesting is the behavior of others as I always thought that they would at least pretend to be OK but in life and death situations we all come back to who we really are. Just people with real people concerns. So, our heros are us. So, if you think you can't make a difference think again.

Sometimes a step isn't gigantic but maybe someone else can't make that step. I have seen this over and over. Never give up on people sometimes they just need the step.

Thanks for the info....My dad and sister fly this airline all the time to CA. They love it. I'm praying very hard right now that within the hands of the skilled pilot and a bit of luck, this stressful situation will resolve with a safe outcome for all those onboard.

JBean said:
90 more minutes in the air..no decision as to where they will land

Turn on channel 7. They even know the runway at LAX. Of course, they still say landing at 5:25 and that would be now. :slap: not happening

fran

T'sNana said:
That had to be so scary, yet comforting to see how people can make a difference. Glad you made it okay!

They will too. The pilots are great in emergencies. Landing gear problems are more common than you think.

BTW, we made in on the news in Miami.Not that I ever want to experience that again.

It's 5:30. Now they are saying it will land in 5 - 10 min. Also that passangers do have MSNBC on board and might be watching!

Scandi

fran said:
Turn on channel 7. They even know the runway at LAX. Of course, they still say landing at 5:25 and that would be now. :slap: not happening

fran
Channel 4 says another 90 minutes in the air and that they are looking at Edwards airforce base as well. But probably LAX or even Palmdale or Long beach.

CHannel 4 is talking to Jet Blue Fran..I think they may be more on it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back