2008.11.20 George & Cindy's Attorney, Mark NeJame, Quits

It's quite abnormal and possibly inappropriate for an attorney to issue a public statement of this nature. Something weird is going on.

yeah, that is a very odd statement he put out. he says he respects his clients belief that their granddaughter is still alive, but that he cant represent them because they comment and act at-will.

their commenting and acting would have to be opening themselves up to legal jeopardy for him to use it as a reason to resign from the case i would think, he says there is little benefit he can provide while they continue to do this.

and since the benefit he is there to provide is a competent defense, he must feel that their continued actions and comments undermine his ability to defend them. and therefore, he must believe their behavoir puts them at risk legally. but, he defends and respects their opinion on whether or not caylee is alive...

very odd. **this is just my initial impression and i am not a lawyer, any lawyers around care to comment?**

Wow. I do feel bad for them! IMO MN was the only sensible professional on board who was giving sound advice. I am willing to bet the KFN has been a big issue in their swaying of honesty etc. and the loss of MN!

Oh no doubt, how could he possibly stay on if the anthony's are going to continue to support those clowns, criminals and Lord only knows what else.

His law practice could not stand behind them under these circumstances. Nice well thought out letter....sounds like a decent guy, too bad for the anthonys' as I believe they really DO need a criminal lawyer.

I'm going to ask again because I am really curious--
Is there any truth to rumors that Nejame represents KidFinders, The Never Lose Hope Foundation and/or TES or anyone else involved in this case??

Barring some pretty significant information about potential conflicts of interest, I think it's inappropriate for Nejame to have released a statement of this nature.
I know people are fed up with the Anthony's, but would anyone want their lawyer to release a statement like this to the media after quitting?? This is very strange??

thought I heard the same thing...that he came from one of them....hmmmm--but then again he was only supposed to be there for PR purpose only--perhaps between the "Caylee alive" presser and LE "know more" not to mention all the other potential legal issues got out while he could....jmo but good for him....

Well if he doesn't produce a statement I am sure there would be rampant rumors and speculation as to why he quit. He is damn if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I wonder if Scott P lawyer will step in..can't remember his name and I should...anyone know?

Well if he doesn't produce a statement I am sure there would be rampant rumors and speculation as to why he quit. He is damn if he does and damned if he doesn't.

LOL! Isn't EVERYBODY involved in this case?

Is there any truth to rumors that Nejame represents KidFinders, The Never Lose Hope Foundation and/or TES or anyone else involved in this case??

Barring some pretty significant information about potential conflicts of interest, I think it's inappropriate for Nejame to have released a statement of this nature.
I know people are fed up with the Anthony's, but would anyone want their lawyer to release a statement like this to the media after quitting?? This is very strange??

Well, from this article originally on the Orlando Sentinel site, and then posted on MN's professional site (http://www.nejamelaw.com/mark-nejame-in-the-news/George-Cindy-Anthony-also-victims.htm)

Snipped: "Orlando-based missing-children's organization Never Lose Hope Foundation hired NeJame to help the couple."

I agree, something is "off" about all of this.

:eek:

Let me pick my jaw up off the floor.

Wow! I don't think I could've seen this coming at all. I thought MN was completely on-board for this ride. I wonder what the last straw was for him?

Bolded by always-

Me thinks it was a handful of straws.
1. Tour of the A's Home on channel 6
2. GA would he willing to be KFN spokesman
3. The A's admit there are plans to write a book

My question for the legal eagles- can LE now question MN on what GA may have told him? Since GA is not accused of a crime and he may have knowledge of a criminal act, it seems like LE could ??? MN.

Very suprised to hear about this! Wow, I had NO idea. I am actually a little sorry that he's resigned b/c I think he is the most reasonable person in the A camp.

So, what is everyone's opinion? Will they find/hire another?

I think Mr. Nejame must have said the wrong thing to CA and the **** hit the fan! Probably the same thing suggested in his statement regarding Casey!
I think he is a very professional man, I think he sincerely cared about their loss and heartache, and I do believe he had their best interests in mind.
And, I agree Lovejac. He was definately the most reasonable person in the A camp.I guess the poor man just couldn't take it any longer!

I don't know who will be willing to take the A's on now.
It seems it would be difficult to find someone to do as Cindy says 24/7!

He put himself and his reputation on the line for the wrong people, imo.

If you think about it everything CA and GA has said in regards to this case in the beginning and even in the sworn statements and GA's GJ testimony is a total different thing than what they are saying now. How can you keep defending people who just keep lying how can you keep up with the lies?

For some reason I simply cannot get any of the wesh.com articles to come up on my computer. Does anyone else have this problem with that website? This is the only website that will not cooperate with me.

I SO anxiously want to read several articles that have been posted recently on their site.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make it work for me? Please?!

Thank you in advance!

What, Nejame represents those KFN people...:eek: I did not know that. OMG what in the hell is wrong with all these people, it's like some sort of conglomeration of misfits.

i dont think so alwaysonmymind, its gotta be covered by attorney/client privilege even if they are not charged with crimes he was still their attorney.

Bolded by always-

Me thinks it was a handful of straws.
1. Tour of the A's Home on channel 6
2. GA would he willing to be KFN spokesman
3. The A's admit there are plans to write a book

My question for the legal eagles- can LE now question MN on what GA may have told him? Since GA is not accused of a crime and he may have knowledge of a criminal act, it seems like LE could ??? MN.

think the big one also was the meet and greet and the upcomming presser of caylee alive sending up red flags all over....

gotta wonder if his phone was always ringing off the hook with CA calling all the time someone annoyed her--seemed like she was always on the phone with atty....jmo

Another one bites the dust..Hu..And another ones gone..another ones gone..another one bites the dust, hey:boohoo:

Perfect theme song for the Anthony show. Did we ever decide on the perfect title?

Good for him!

I didn't like him much until today, but now he gained my respect.

It must feel good to wash his hands of those people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back