2008.11.20 The Significance of Cindy's "Silent Interview"--Did Cindy "Know"?

Eidetic..thanks so much for these photos---can you tell me why there were so few people at this vigil? Do you know anything about this vigil? (like who arranged it and what was done there?) It is so poorly attended. It is very very pathetic looking--how can there be this few people here? Is it because it is a "find Caylee alive" vigil??

------------------------

edited: nevermind, Eidetic, I googled it. This vigil was the National vigil for hope, arranged by Michelle Bart. Michelle Bart wanted the community to not give up hope and she started an organization to champion the cause. Not many people attended--but clearly, her heart was in the right place. She seems a very good communicator (but not too many people were in agreement at this time that Caylee might still be aive).

Is this the same vigil when the little girl came up to CA and hugged her, and CA started crying? If anyone can find a link to that I would appreciate it. Thank you

So, can we discern that GA might not have been privy? He seems no different than usual here.

I've always felt that something was terribly wrong with Cindy that day. She looks totally defeated and terribly depressed.

I've always felt that both Cindy and George, were about 99% certain that Caylee was dead within days of July 15, 2008, but at the time of this interview, it would appear that Cindy was devastated about something and perhaps she did just get confirmation that Caylee was dead.

As for George, I re-watched the interview just to study him. There were a few times during the interview when he seemed momentarily distracted, as if he was thinking of something else. Where I noted this was when he was waiting for a new question to be asked. He didn't appear comfortable, as if he just wanted to get this interview over with.

Im thinking just knowing your daughter is accused of killing your grand-daughter is enough to make CA feel as it seems she is feeling.

Maybe she heard GA had a mistress to top it all off?

Or maybe she knew Caylee was dead.

That is definately NOT the CA we have come to know.

However that behavior seems appropriate.

DC staring at her from across the room is kinda creepy though !

---> When did LA get a lawyer and stop talking?

I think that whatever DC was doing in the woods was instrumental in MN resigning. I think KC told JB or DC the location of the body so that they could move it, and CA found out that she really was dead.

Up until that point, CA had been building castles in the air and living in them (as we see KC do): "If there's a dog there must be a Zanny", "It was the pizza", "My daughter is a good mother". She spins an alternate reality whenever the truth is too much for her to bear. I am certain GA knew the day he smelled the smell. He said as much to LE. He also said that if Caylee is dead then he has lost his daughter, too. What does that tell you? He knows she is dead and who is responsible. And so the spin began. GA is a great actor. CA, not so much...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FpteGu0PL0

If this question belongs in a prior particular thread, please move.
I hope that we can discuss this interview and what can be gleaned from CA's demeanor.

This "interview" is the only interview where CA says nothing. It is totally out of character for her to be quiet. Though it can be hypothesized that CA was finally worn out from so many interviews, or simply wrung out and/or drugged..the timing of the interview is important:

date: November 15/16, 2008 D C and Hoover search woods
date: November 20, 2008 Cindy's "Silent" interview
date: Dec 11, 2008 Caylee's remains found

Somewhere in one of the threads here I recall seeing someone's assessment of this interview. They wrote something like: "Clearly, she knew. She is acting as if she has just gotten terrible news. Conversely, George acts as if nothing is different from the day before".

Is this interview and CA's behavior (and lack of words) suggestive of the day that CA learned that Caylee was dead? Do we know how she acted the day before and the day after this interview?

I would like to add to your timeline Affinity, to list the events before and after your date ... to me the motivation to send Dominic to look in the woods was TES coming back to search the areas they were unable to previously ... anyway you look at it things were starting to fall apart for the A's and IMO they were told the location of Caylee's remains and were very worried they would be found ... so she sent Dominic to go searching ... did he find her? ... I think so and was the cause of Cindy's sedated interview JMO

Nov 5 -6: TES comes back to search
Nov. 13: Anthonys fire Larry Garrison
Divers search a lake in Blanchard Park for Caylee Anthony,
CA visibly upset over it and memorial
Photo taken at Florida Mall
OSCO receives trunk/hair samples back from FBI
Nov. 14: Henry Lee examines KC's car
Nov. 15 - 16: Hoover and Dominic search woods near Anthony home
Nov. 16 - 17: Trunk (crime scene evidence turned over to FBI)
Nov. 19th Baez and Garcia vist Casey for 1 1/2 hrs
Nov. 20: Mark NeJame resigns as the attorney for the Anthonys
OSCO visits Ants at Home
Nov. 21: Channel 13 Interviews Bart, GA and CA (Cindy is speechless and looks sedated)
Anthony family releases photo to News 13 a little girl playing at a mall that they say could be Caylee.
Nov. 28 - 30: Anthonys go away for the weekend after Thanksgiving
Nov 30: Anthonys attend Never Lose Hope Vigil

Dec. 1: Cindy Anthony says her email account has been hacked.
(claims this after Garrison receives email from her about giving the wrong brush to LE)

Add to this that her father is ill, her mom's in remission, GA's father was ill, and CA's family was not in good spirits about the situation, not entirely supportive of Casey. Ugh, I might have started smoking crack at that point to get my head away from it, let alone taking a valium!

I also find it interesting to go back and listen to the interviews done in the Nov/Dec timeframe and the A's campaign to find a live Caylee ... the GMA interview was the week following the weekend TES was searching in Orlando again ...

Good Morning America ABC Cindy Nov 11 (interview from Orlando)
The weekend following 1400 TES searching around the airport ... she talks
about the tip she got just the Sat evening before the interview ...and how
LE isn't looking and following up on tips and no Amber Alert ... blah, blah, blah

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6220718&page=1

Larry King CNN December 9 -10 2008
Part 1
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ndga-NzEIs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ndga-NzEIs[/ame]

Part 2
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbNCHyDa83Y&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbNCHyDa83Y&feature=related[/ame]

What IF when DC and Hoover went to the woods-it was planned right down to the videos. And what IF they actually did find Caylee's remains and did not disturb them (MUCH) but only reported back to Cindy that she was in fact there. Perhaps the videos were to throw us (society at large including LE) off. What if they actually found her and they just didn't remove her for whatever reason? Could he have reomoved SOMETHING that he was TOLD to remove, or things? Is that in the realm of possibility? Like for instance, I don't know, ummm, where are her shoes?

I have wondered that also. And I began wondering that after hearing CA speak this sentence in the civil deposition: "Well he didn't find Caylee that day.......................................................". WTH?? To me if he (DC) had never found her then CA should have said, "Well he never found Caylee so......". But she says, "Well, he never found Caylee THAT DAY......". I got a weird feeling the first time I heard that and I still have that feeling, like she slipped up there, almost catastrophically, but Mr. M unknowingly helped her recover by saying "He never found Caylee". "That day" implies one day, DC went out there 3 times, so CA saying "that day", combined with the video of her looking absolutely out of it within days of DC going there, MN quitting....... I don't think it unreasonable to have suspicions about Caylee's body being located by DC in mid Nov.

It is Cindy's depo video #15 on youtube around the 8:00 minute mark (in case this video link is embeded)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWfvYaSB1i0&feature=related[/ame]

:cow:

I have wondered that also. And I began wondering that after hearing CA speak this sentence in the civil deposition: "Well he didn't find Caylee that day.......................................................". WTH?? To me if he (DC) had never found her then CA should have said, "Well he never found Caylee so......". But she says, "Well, he never found Caylee THAT DAY......". I got a weird feeling the first time I heard that and I still have that feeling, like she slipped up there, almost catastrophically, but Mr. M unknowingly helped her recover by saying "He never found Caylee". "That day" implies one day, DC went out there 3 times, so CA saying "that day", combined with the video of her looking absolutely out of it within days of DC going there, MN quitting....... I don't think it unreasonable to have suspicions about Caylee's body being located by DC in mid Nov.

It is Cindy's depo video #15 on youtube around the 8:00 minute mark (in case this video link is embeded)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWfvYaSB1i0&feature=related

Amazing catch, doogiesgirl AND wow! at 8:44 CA says: "we did work with a psychic who up until November thought Caylee was alive". WTH part II!

I would like to add to your timeline Affinity, to list the events before and after your date ... to me the motivation to send Dominic to look in the woods was TES coming back to search the areas they were unable to previously ... anyway you look at it things were starting to fall apart for the A's and IMO they were told the location of Caylee's remains and were very worried they would be found ... so she sent Dominic to go searching ... did he find her? ... I think so and was the cause of Cindy's sedated interview JMO

Nov 5 -6: TES comes back to search
Nov. 13: Anthonys fire Larry Garrison
Divers search a lake in Blanchard Park for Caylee Anthony,
CA visibly upset over it and memorial
Photo taken at Florida Mall
OSCO receives trunk/hair samples back from FBI
Nov. 14: Henry Lee examines KC's car
Nov. 15 - 16: Hoover and Dominic search woods near Anthony home
Nov. 16 - 17: Trunk (crime scene evidence turned over to FBI)
Nov. 19th Baez and Garcia vist Casey for 1 1/2 hrs
Nov. 20: Mark NeJame resigns as the attorney for the Anthonys
OSCO visits Ants at Home
Nov. 21: Channel 13 Interviews Bart, GA and CA (Cindy is speechless and looks sedated)
Anthony family releases photo to News 13 a little girl playing at a mall that they say could be Caylee.
Nov. 28 - 30: Anthonys go away for the weekend after Thanksgiving
Nov 30: Anthonys attend Never Lose Hope Vigil

Dec. 1: Cindy Anthony says her email account has been hacked.
(claims this after Garrison receives email from her about giving the wrong brush to LE)

Thanks denjet--! This is a great help to me to be able to see the bigger picture. It had to be hard for CA to sit through the "vigil for hope" if she knew "missing" Caylee had been located. I thank you for reminding me about how CA was beyond-the-pale irked about the search for a body--(she was "outraged" by that!)--and yet it is looking like her "people" (Dominic) came up with the same answer that everyone else had (that Caylee was dead). CA's "people" may have confirmed death and told CA. This is why Dominic had three phones and didn't want to give a deposition. Understood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWfvYaSB1i0&feature=related

Okay this is fishy... why would any reputable psychic leave Cindy out of the loop on the location of the body and go directly to her P.I.???:waitasec: Wouldn't you be funneling your information through the relative of the victim to keep them informed and pass onto their people???:confused:
I think this is really a ploy to say that it was the psychic on the phone, rather than admit that Cindy had knowledge of Caylee's possible dump site.

There is knowing, and then there is letting yourself KNOW. Having been in LE himself, no-one will EVER convince me that GA did not know exactly what that smell in the trunk meant the minute he smelled it. PERIOD. He can backpedal all he wants but there is no mistaking a rotten pizza smell and the smell of death. Decomp has a very distinct, bad, rotten fruit, but funkier, nastier smell. Old nasty pizza smells completely different. I think he knew, but didn't want to and kept his opinion to himself because what it meant was too damn horrific to process.

As for CA, she may have strongly suspected, but I think that day of the interview was the first time she had allowed herself to KNOW KNOW. That is why we see a numbed, silent, defeated CA. What we saw, was the pause in between, while switching gears from the still hoping gramma, desperately searching for her precious Caylee to the damage controlling, venom spewing, true color showing person we see after this point in time. Once she let herself KNOW KNOW, there was no more reason to put up the supportive mom, worried gramma, nice lady, please help me find my babygirl front.

OMG. Cindy Anthony looks exactly like I would expect someone to look like after being told her beloved granddaughter was dead.

Either that or she is drugged up.

To me, the silence on this tape speaks volumes.

Tricia

ETA: the comments on YouTube make me so angry. No matter how you feel about the Anthony's there is no need to be cruel.

There is knowing, and then there is letting yourself KNOW.

Very respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

:clap::clap::clap:

tlcox, THANK YOU for summing up in one sentence what I've been trying to wrap my head around for days now. ITA with this statement and the rest of your post.

(We really do need an "extra thanks with chocolate sauce and applause smiley" button here.)

There is knowing, and then there is letting yourself KNOW. Having been in LE himself, no-one will EVER convince me that GA did not know exactly what that smell in the trunk meant the minute he smelled it. PERIOD. He can backpedal all he wants but there is no mistaking a rotten pizza smell and the smell of death. Decomp has a very distinct, bad, rotten fruit, but funkier, nastier smell. Old nasty pizza smells completely different. I think he knew, but didn't want to and kept his opinion to himself because what it meant was too damn horrific to process.

As for CA, she may have strongly suspected, but I think that day of the interview was the first time she had allowed herself to KNOW KNOW. That is why we see a numbed, silent, defeated CA. What we saw, was the pause in between, while switching gears from the still hoping gramma, desperately searching for her precious Caylee to the damage controlling, venom spewing, true color showing person we see after this point in time. Once she let herself KNOW KNOW, there was no more reason to put up the supportive mom, worried gramma, nice lady, please help me find my babygirl front.

I musta missed the "supportive mom, worried gramma, nice lady, please help me find my babygirl" part of the act.

I musta missed the "supportive mom, worried gramma, nice lady, please help me find my babygirl" part of the act.

You had to catch her when she didn't have a hammer in one hand. :viking:

Of course the doc dump is taking lots of our attention tonight but I do still wonder if anyone knows: where was Lee during the 11/30/08 vigil???

GA told LE that he let CA go on about it being pizza because he did not have the heart to disagree with her. "It's pizza, right George?"
"....I would ask you to let me know so I can prepare my wife, because this is going to kill her."

Twice quoted! And BBM again...I wonder when CA decided her next step would be to start telling people that she was not convinced the body they found was Caylee's, that Caylee was still alive-Was this the best should could do? Still trying to cover for KC? Well whose ashes does she have?

One of my beautiful APBT's died a while back, and at the crematorium they asked me if I wanted his ashes for a certain fee, or if I wanted "representative" ashes for a lower fee....I put a lot of time and love into my bullies, and am blessed (monetarily) enough to never have to consider getting representative ashes....I wanted his ashes, and he was a DOG. Caylee is God's child, a human being, wouldn't you want her ashes? What is wrong with these people?? Don't answer that.

~snipped from Just Jayla~....ETA-Pure speculation, but maybe CA was upset that she had to (in her mind) leave her grand daughter down the block so that KC would not be in any more trouble-That would disturb and twist anyone's mind.

I think you nailed it!!! Wow!!!! How awful for CA, what a spot to be in in......Why she did not speak up .........................

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back