2009.02.18 Defense Statement

I fail to see where any of the so-called "bias" is in any of this report. I guess it's just another reminder that from "day one" the world was out to get KC, the victim in all of this. The only bias I'm seeing is LE's "bias" toward the victim, who just so happens to be a defenseless toddler. How dare them!

yeap! all of this forensic evidence is nice but the most compelling evidence against her are her own actions, inactions and statements to the police...she is her own worst evidence

NEVER REPORTING HER DAUGHTER MISSING!!!!!!!. (i could convict on this single fact alone!) :behindbar
BUT there is more:
never telling anyone her daugher was missing
no change in her demanor while daugher missing
shopping with stolen money and partying while daughter missing
lying to the police about everything related to the disappearance: no ZFG and no reports of anyone who had met this woman.
the car smell
the dogs hitting in the car
the shovel

jmho

New Documents and Photos Released In Casey Anthony Case
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 2:42:49 PM

Defense Reacts
Meanwhile, lawyers for Casey Anthony released this statement Wednesday. “The State’s forensic report on duct tape, plastic bags and other items is a one-sided law enforcement-generated report and is biased and speculative. It uses ‘junk science,’ the kind of flawed comparative analysis that the two-year study by National Academy of Sciences released today.”

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/18/new_documents_released_in_casey_anthony_case.html

Junk science!

Of course it's Junk Science.......let's not forget that Casey is only sitting in prison because of an effing whim.:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Junk science or not, I think as a juror I could ignore all forensic evidence and still find KC guilty. I have to believe the totality of the evidence will prevail.

I agree. IMO the most damaging facts don't pertain to forensics at all:

-Casey didn't report Caylee missing, her mother did after 31 days. Casey didn't even want to report her missing after 31 days...give me one more day.

-Casey partied, all smiles, without a care in the world while she stole money for beer, bras, you name it. Who does that when their child is missing?

-The death smell noted by LE, George, Cindy, and the tow truck driver. No forensics involved there, simply facts from people who had smelled human decomp before and knew what it smelled like. Maggots in the trunk as well.

-The car with the smell of death was left abandoned for weeks.

-Winnie the pooh blanket is missing, it ends up at the crime scene.

-Heart stickers, Casey had a lot of them (odd coincidence that a heart sticker ends up on the same brand of duct tape from their home).

-The hamper at the crime scene is the same model as the one they have at their home. Another coincidence?

-Anothony's used the 'yellow tie' trash bags close to the time of Caylee's death. Another coincidence?

-Interviews from all of her friends said she acted completely fine, was even happy. Doesn't fit with the mother of a missing child.

-Computer searches for chloroform, neck breaking, shovels, missing children. Then her child comes up "missing."

-There is no Zanny the Nanny who Casey claimed kidnapped Caylee. Everything about Zanny, including Zachary, Juliette Luis, and others, all a lie. She had no job and hadn't held one for years thus no need for a nanny.

I'm sure I'm missed some non-forensic evidence but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize Casey did the crime. IMO

You know what? ... Most people ... average people ... do not read National Academy of Sciences position papers ... however; they do watch shows like CSI and Forensic Files and have become accustomed to hearing about forensic evidence. I think that the jury will consist of average people that do have an expectation to see the connection between the crime, the victim and the accused ... prosecutors call it the holy trinity. When you are able to make that connection it is very compelling evidence, albeit circumstantial. And face it, aside from someone coming forward and saying "I saw it" or "I did it" circumstantial evidence is what will be presented. The term “circumstantial evidence” is pshawed by defense attorneys as somehow a bad or less incriminating ... but the fact is ... most cases are circumstantial ... and that is fine. At this point, I don't expect Casey to confess and I know that likely, we will never have all the answers. It is the preponderance of evidence that is sought after (circumstantial -- direct ... whatever)... and I believe that the prosecution has that.

Also, I would be remiss in not pointing out that the NAS paper doesn't refer to a specific agency. I feel that they are referring mostly to local law enforcement CSI and laboratory procedures ... not FBI. If they had argument about FBI forensic procedure I believe that they would stated so clearly, making their position paper all the more important and compelling. The FBI has been involved in this from early on ... and I doubt that anyone will be able to impeach their findings.

They are doing what was done in OJs case~attack the science the police the detectives. The problem is it won't work. We woke up after that trial. You do not need fingerprints, eyewitness, or confession to convict. As example Scott Peterson. It comes down to common sense. Who why and how.
I think they would love a plead bargain but I don't think Casey will go for it. Let the fog lift and the truth will stare you in the face. She hung herself by the Nanny story. I can't believe that she really thinks that a normal person would believe that someone picked her car up (after it ran out of gas) as if they would know and hide a body in it and then take a body out and have it taken to a tow yard.....Scott Peterson and family is still trying to say that when he gave out his alibi that the "person(s) that had Laci knew where to dump the body so he would get blamed....these people or persons must really be smart enough to have no one in Orlando every see them. I just am curious as how they will give her version of the story. I hope she is stupid enough to insist on testifying....as for the defense they need to encourage their client to do the right thing and take a plea.:behindbar

I think Baez may go way overboard on slamming the forensics with his own experts, that he may well force the jurors to focus on the basic known facts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc
Back