2009.02.20 Do you think Autopsy Photos should be released? REVISITED

I do not believe that the media has released any photos of the hair mat. The Orlando Sentinal has several photos showing small roots that were growing on the blanket such as in their photos number 7 & 11. These roots are small and fine and could look like hair.

Is the hair mat actually shown by any media?

Yes, it has been shown and is still floating around. The Sentinal had it up for a while but pulled it down along with others

The Judge said only skull photos should be pixellated.
AZLawyer mentioned the non-skull photos in the lawyer thread.
Today in court LDB published a photo of one of Caylee's bones to the world.
It is only the skull that Judge Perry wanted blurred.

In the Lawyer questions thread:
Itsy said: "Could/will there be any consequences because of some media sites and chat boards releasing non-pixelated pictures of Caylee's skull and other photos when HHJP specifically asked the media NOT to release them? Although the skull pictures have been deleted, others remain & I can already hear the DT crying for yet another mistrial..."

AZlawyer said:
"There could be consequences, yes. Not a mistrial, but perhaps some press passes might be revoked. Did he ask for non-skull photos to be pixellated?"?

In the June 9, 2011 Trial notes
Judge said: pool cameras hereby instructed to blur or pixellate any photo that contains skull and that is also the same instruction for pool photographer, blur it out, pixellate it, noone else including any journalist will use a cell phone or any other electronic device to try to capture a photo, noone from general audience pull out cell phone, camera will be immediately confiscated by the court deputies"

Trial June 11, 2011 [today]
LDB questioning of Jennifer Welch - CSI OCSO
showed photos of machete, palmetto trunks and bone

GY - # 274
evidence flag in GS here too
denoting a bone on scene

HF - # 276 - photo of bone shown to public

That was a pelvis bone that got on TV, not the skull. FYI ... #caseyanthony
by Jimlichtenstein via twitter at 10:05 AM

I do not believe that the media has released any photos of the hair mat. The Orlando Sentinal has several photos showing small roots that were growing on the blanket such as in their photos number 7 & 11. These roots are small and fine and could look like hair.

Is the hair mat actually shown by any media?

Yes, it is so much more hair than I thought it would be. You can still see her baby curls on the ends..

If the people-meaning the public in the courtroom were able to see these,then they have already been made public and no more restrictions should be made,or the only ones out there,at least for now will be those that someone will profit from!!! IMO

The Hair Mat Photo is still up on a few sites right now. It is by far the most disturbing thing I have seen so far. I think I could handle seeing her cleaned and white skull, but that hair mat is so shocking. Her little baby curls. I wasnt expecting to see it and i am so disgusted! :'(

I am afraid there are photos of both caylee's hair mat and complete skeleton, with skull online still. I just checked seconds ago.
The hair is heartbreaking

I didn't read the entire thread as I didn't want to be bias. I do not see any reason for them to be released. Let the baby go. For those of us here have seen and heard everything and I mean everything! We see it when we lie down to sleep at night, we see it when our minds wander at work, we see it and have for 3 years now.
We all have spent endless hours honoring this baby, so sweet and innocent. We felt so compelled that her story be told and it has and will be.The hours we all have logged trying to find the truth are just beyond what most people feel we are sane.
I KNOW one thing, I will never be the same, I look at my children and grandchildren and I know how precious their love is and it's pure. There is no other feeling than that love as a mother,father or grandparent. (which I am Both) O/T We have all learned so many life lessons along the way and have bonded as a group and I have been able to meet many, many good people here, I know I will never be alone in doing our best to make the world a better place for our children.

I also feel they should not be released. It will prove nothing.:heartluv::heartluv:

In honor of my grandbaby, Megan, tonight!

FWIW - the hair mat pictures are still online. The full skeleton (with skull) positioned with each bone in place is no longer at the site where I saw it last night (from a link here on WS that has since been removed also).

Regarding the release of the photographs. I am of the mind that they should have either:

1) been released to the public in a responsible manner - by this I mean to everyone. I am disgusted by the circus display of people in neck braces knocking others out of the way to get in the courtroom to see them. Actually, I am angry that they saw them. To me - that was a great violation of Caylee's privacy. She is not a specimen in their sideshow.

or

2) been used for evidentiary value and shown to the jury members only.

I will look at them if they are ever released. Others have no desire to and I understand and respect that point of view. It just bothers me that some court spectators seemed to have an overwhelming morbid curiousity and others, like us, have vested a lot of time and emotion in this case and in finding justice for Caylee and we should have the option of seeing them, if we choose to.

Respectfully and imoo....

I am afraid there are photos of both caylee's hair mat and complete skeleton, with skull online still. I just checked seconds ago.
The hair is heartbreaking

I just saw that too. That's really heartbreaking. Her hair even still curled a little at the ends. Little baby curls.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back