• YES

Votes: 481 90.2%
  • NO

Votes: 52 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't make a difference to me that they found duct tape. And the sticker means even less. (These are items of evidence that tie HER to her daughter's death.) Her mother (MOTHER, MAMMA, MOMMA, MUM) killed her. That was clear with all of the evidence provided even PRIOR to Caylee's body being found!

Her mother killed her. The only person in the world that she had. The only person entrusted with her safekeeping.

The only person responsible for her death.

MOO

(I could give a ratz azz about the pseudo grand-parents...what rock have these people been living under since their derelict daughter gave birth?)

MOO

Fire it up! I'm all for it! I have no problem with Casey having her last sit down in Old Sparky!

I take the idea of "general population" one step further. In my dreams of how things would be if I ran the world, all those convicted of really heinous crimes, esp. those against children, would be sent to "The Island". The Island is an extremely remote outpost, with little to no vegetation, animal or plant life, surrounded by man eating shark infested waters and pirhanas.
The convicted would be dropped off on the island with only the clothes on their back, and informed that the philosophy of the island is "Survival of the Fittest." They are then left, to live (or not live) out the rest of their days as best they can. No one will come to check on them, no one may visit them, and they are now no longer a danger to society, nor are we paying for their continued care or incarceration. Done. Out of sight, out of mind.

ITA! This is pretty much what I have always said should be done to the dregs of society. Great minds think alike! (Geesh we're mean! Lol!)

Isn't it true that due to all the publicity and media coverage this case has gotten, even if she got LWOP she may still not have to be in gen pop?

I believe death row inmates are kept pretty well isolated from the rest of the population. Small cells, shower every other day, meals shoved through a small door to their cell. She can handle it for about 15 years or so until they finally take her to pay for what she has done.

Isn't it true that due to all the publicity and media coverage this case has gotten, even if she got LWOP she may still not have to be in gen pop?

I think that unfortunately you may be right. Look at Scott Peterson, he's in solitary? He's a baby killer too. I don't know if you automatically get solitary if you are on death row? Does anyone know?

ITA! This is pretty much what I have always said should be done to the dregs of society. Great minds think alike! (Geesh we're mean! Lol!)

No, Chefmom, we are not mean. We are just sick to death of evil people harming innocents indiscriminately.
(We are great minds, aren't we? :blowkiss:)

I think that unfortunately you may be right. Look at Scott Peterson, he's in solitary? He's a baby killer too. I don't know if you automatically get solitary if you are on death row? Does anyone know?

from what i can gather she would be entirely alone in her cell except for an hours exercise a day. during this time she can be in the company of other death row inmates who are guilty of similar crimes (thus less likely to dice her) however there is i think, at present, only one other woman on florida's death row and i don't think she's suitable for interaction, although time will tell .... hopefully.

from what i can gather she would be entirely alone in her cell except for an hours exercise a day. during this time she can be in the company of other death row inmates who are guilty of similar crimes (thus less likely to dice her) however there is i think, at present, only one other woman on florida's death row and i don't think she's suitable for interaction, although time will tell .... hopefully.
That's alright then.

She might have a playmate?

A pris hardened homicidal playmate for KC!

I voted no for the death penalty for Casey Anthony.
I would vote Life in Prison.
I would only vote yes on the death penalty for a person who has harmed people because they are evil - like a serial killer, a repeat offender, a terrorist, a danger to society.

I do not see Casey as a menace to society, I see her as a disturbed, sick individual.
and life in prison is a just punishment for someone of her statues.
She is one sick kid, life in prison would be the proper punishment.
And in some way I wonder is it not worse then death penalty?
JMHO

Well Casey would like that. Remember in her cupid profile she claimed that if she could be on a game show it would be Survivor? That she loves the game and its whole "outwit, outplay, outlast" yeah...

I think she has been voted "out of society"...........

snipped .
And in some way I wonder is it not worse then death penalty?
IMHO
During the Laci trial, we had an attorney that would answer all our legal questions. We would leave all our questions on Midnite's thread and he would come on most nights, not to post in general threads,but only to respond to all our questions that we left for him. he was an incredible resource. I won't say who everyone thinks he is because of course we remain anonymous here at WS :)

Anyway, this very issue of LWOP being worse than the DP came up and he said something that has always stuck with me.

Midnite said if the DP were truly better that LWOP, then all those eligible for LWOP would be fighting to get the DP.

Midnite if you are reading here these days, come back for the Anthony trial!

I wonder if LWOP inmates should be made the offer?

Perhaps they would chose it after a time?

It could be an offer of a "Dr Death" type suicide. (Self lethal injection). A variation of the old idea of leaving the prisoner with his tie?

During the Laci trial, we had an attorney that would answer all our legal questions. We would leave all our questions on Midnite's thread and he would come on most nights, not to post in general threads,but only to respond to all our questions that we left for him. he was an incredible resource. I won't say who everyone thinks he is because of course we remain anonymous here at WS :)

Anyway, this very issue of LWOP being worse than the DP came up and he said something that has always stuck with me.

Midnite said if the DP were truly better that LWOP, then all those eligible for LWOP would be fighting to get the DP.

Bolded by me:
JBean, thanks for that insight! It really makes one think! Great point!

I agree with the DP...

I'm jaded by the prison systems after seeing how they treat my ex-friend's son: raped an underage relative, but is living like he is in camp, in prison. (tv in his cell, people keeping his account filled with enough monies so he doesn't have to live off of prison food, alone... gets to see and interact with his family twice a week for hours... in with a clique of friends from his area, passing the day away like its freaking camp. Yeah... real punishment... NOT! Truth be told, there is no guarantee that LWOP will be a huge punishment for Casey... if she learns how to exploit the system to her advantage, she will carve out her own little corner of the world where she will find what happiness she can.)

Casey will probably never feel the sting of being in general population... her status as being so recognizable will afford her the right to stay protected in the prison system.

Bold is mine-

That would be great! He was invaluble during the Peterson case!

I wished she would have to do hard labor for the rest of her life....no make up,no internet access,no cell phone,no radio

DP = Best of both worlds ..

Keeps Casey in Jail for years AND the looming death sentence hanging over her head to look forward to while passing those miserable, lonely years ..

I see it as a win - win situation for all with the EXCEPTION of Casey ..

Thank you, Thank God I do not really know and hope I never will.
But just in theory I wonder what kind of a life one can enjoy from the age of 22 for the rest of their life in a cell.
I can only imagine that I would chose the other. But I certainly do not know.
I LOVE THE CONCEPT OF A N ATTORNEY COMING IN TO ANSWER ALL THE HARD QUESTIONS. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa