2009.04.13 State To Seek Death Penalty For Casey Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, meaning a new way of looking at what they already have, or it could be that they have received new results on something...
Right! Like we tried to do in the "Revisit Photo of Caylee Crying in Red Shirt - was it the last ever taken?" thread -- pull all of the pieces and theories together for the big picture.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82718

Who knows? Maybe SA got a glimpse of that thread or came to the same kind of thought process and potential conclusions? Maybe they have some missing pieces like the video of the hotel parking lot?

But I do know that you cannot keep showing your @ss to a bull and not expect to get a horn up it.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Right! Like we tried to do in the "Revisit Photo of Caylee Crying in Red Shirt - was it the last ever taken?" thread -- pull all of the pieces and theories together for the big picture.
You sure took the thoughts right out of my head today. Wouldn't be surprised to see some more information come out about those theories, to be exact...

I personally don't take any joy or pleaure in the fact that the DP is back on the table. I am not a big DP advocate, have always wavered in my opinion of its usage. I see this as a tactic by the SA's office to force a plea out of her. Their upping the ante as they have changes the whole dynamic, IMO. I agree that a DP qualified jury is going to be much more conservative, which doesn't bode well for a defendant.

I feel that George and Cindy have lost enough. I say this even after the disastrous depos. Call me a softie if you will, but they still lost a treasured grandchild and are suffering from it. I don't want them to be further shattered at the loss of their only daughter. But KC needs to accept the mantle of responsibility for what I believe she did. I just can't accept that somebody else killed Caylee, and there have been no indications from LE that somebody else is involved, even peripherally. I actually believe that if another person was involved, the disposal part would hae been handled better and the body never discovered. KC just is too scatterbrained to follow through on anything, even murder. She drove around for days with a decaying corpse in her trunk, and that's never good.

I think that LE seeking the DP will change the course of this case. And apparently KC needs a jolt of something to make her come to he senses. Sociopaths have a high sense of self-preservation, and that should be kicking in right about now.
Are you suggesting they should keep Casey alive because of her parents? All killers, even cold-blooded ones, have parents. If you saw their depos, you'd see that they're not interested in justice.

Even though I have no pity for KC, I see this as a mistake by the prosecution, and opens up the door for her to totally get out of being punished. One juror pities her, and shes free.
Also when going for the dealth penalty the rules now change for the prosecution for evidence.
And FYI it costs more to go for the dealth penalty then it does to send someone to jail for life because of appeals for years etc. etc at the tax payers expense.
So I hope the prosecution has BIG evidence and not just the stuff we saw in discovery

Before Dec. 11th, the state could not prove premeditated versus accidental death.

After Dec. 11th, nothing says premeditated murder like duct tape and heart sticker decorations.
Clearly, you are correct. This is all new information since the death penalty was taken off the table on Dec 5th.

Someone please remind me of the facts on the duct tape. They never said KC was excluded on a match for prints on the tape? Now if there are her prints on the tape and the soil on her shoes is maybe what did it for the SA. TIA

Just released from WESH news! :clap:

State To Seek Death Penalty For Casey Anthony
In a change of heart, the state attorney's office has filed a letter of intent Monday to seek the dealth penalty for Casey Anthony.

The court and Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, are being notified.

Previously, the state said they would not seek the death penalty for Anthony, who is in the Orange County Jail charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee.

The state attorney's office is citing "sufficient aggarvating circumstances" as the reason for Monday's decision.

READ: State's Intent To Seek Death Penalty
http://www.wftv.com/blank/19169222/detail.html

http://www.wesh.com/news/19168682/detail.html

Good!

Wow. SA must have gotten something new. Juries don't like to put mother's to death...even when they kill their own children...and without a cause of death, even with everything else and KC's lies, ect..there still could be one or two jurors who think "I can't go with DP because it could have been an accident."

Even though I have no pity for KC, I see this as a mistake by the prosecution, and opens up the door for her to totally get out of being punished. One juror pities her, and shes free.
Also when going for the dealth penalty the rules now change for the prosecution for evidence.
And FYI it costs more to go for the dealth penalty then it does to send someone to jail for life because of appeals for years etc. etc at the tax payers expense.
So I hope the prosecution has BIG evidence and not just the stuff we saw in discovery
ITA NOT. Is there an internet acronym for "I tend to disagree?"

I don't know I am just asking - can't she plead guilty at anytime and wouldn't SA most likely agree with LWOP?

She can change her plea to guilty. However, from what we've all seen from Casey so far, I doubt she'll ever plead guilty. But I do think the SA would agree to LWOP.

Not true. One juror pities her, and it's a hung jury. Then the prosecution can hone their case and make it tighter the second time.

Three notable cases with a hung jury:

Betty Brokerick
Menendez Brothers
Phil Spectre.

All were found guilty on second go-around.

And unless prosecution drops charges entirely, she will not be free. She will stay where she is until the second trial.

I'd like to say I'm adult enough to not see anything good coming from the death of another human being, but in this instance, that does not apply.

Thank you for this kind statement....

as I feel the same.....

Sad.... Caylee is indeed already DEAD.... Now... KC must probably get
the Death Penalty because she LIED and hid the truth... and
snuffed the life out of an innocent little toddler... her own flesh and blood.

~~~ Sad... It will not bring Little Angel Caylee Back....
CAYLEE is Now in HEAVEN with GOD !!!!..........
Unless KC has a HUGE Change of heart... I'm not sure she will
end up in the same place ! ? ?
Sad ~ I doubt that Little Angel Caylee would wish the
Death Penalty on her own Mother... Yet KC Most Likely
~ D I D ~ Death to Little CAYLEE ! ! ! SAD !

YOU ask... what GOOD can come from this....

* PERHAPS * the next parent might NOT Kill their child.....
PERHAPS KNOWING THE DEATH PENALTY Might be given...
the next parent... Might spare the child... and give them to
the Grandparents / a fireman/ a policeman/ a minister / a Hospital ... etc..

PERHAPS Some INNOCENT LIFE MIGHT BE SPARED>>>
Just Not
Little ANGEL CAYLEE ... in this SAD Case !

JMO

God Bless !
jjgram
** Mixed feelings... but Honestly SEEKING~JUSTICE~ for LITTLE CAYLEE!!!

Are you suggesting they should keep Casey alive because of her parents? All killers, even cold-blooded ones, have parents. If you saw their depos, you'd see that they're not interested in justice.

Her parents should go right to the jail today and convince her to offer a deal in exchange for her confession. I would do this as a parent, not sure if the A's care more about her being innocent in the eyes of the world than they do about her risking her life with a trial.

Especially if their defense is a fictitious nanny and corrupt LE.

Wow. SA must have gotten something new. Juries don't like to put mother's to death...even when they kill their own children...and without a cause of death, even with everything else and KC's lies, ect..there still could be one or two jurors who think "I can't go with DP because it could have been an accident."
What "accident?" Like an overdose of chloroform? (Giving the chloroform in the first instance was aggravated child abuse.) Like the duct tape accidentally covered both nose and mouth? (Applying the duct tape in the first place to silence the screams was aggravated child abuse.) Anything done as willful neglect or aggravated child abuse would be homicide and would not be legally excuseable as an "accident." That will be made clear to the jury in the opening, arguements and jury instructions.

I'm wondering if maybe they got the tox results back on the hair stuck to the duct tape and it was loaded with Xanax or chloroform thus proving that Caylee had been "medicated" over a long period of time?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82718

Who knows? Maybe SA got a glimpse of that thread or came to the same kind of thought process and potential conclusions? Maybe they have some missing pieces like the video of the hotel parking lot?

Yep - I just bumped the old red shirt/Caylee rash thread (bad title for a thread wherein we're supposed to be discussing a "rash" but we want to discuss other issues surrounding that photo, b-w-t-heck...) and linked the red shirt/last photo thread

All I have to say is....it's about freakin' time.

While I don't relish the death of another human being, I relish the thought of fear in KC's eyes as she's led to the death chamber. Now maybe she can feel a little of what Caylee felt.

They're going to take away the only thing KC really cares about.....KC.

YEP! YEP! I totally agree with you, ecs! The DP should put this heinous crime back into perspective. The A's need to shut-up and start prayin' harder.

Jurors are not even allowed to bring up the death penalty during the guilt/innocent phase of the trial. Also, every juror will be death qualified, so a juror being squeamish about opting for death won't even enter the equation.

In many states and quite possibly every state, all it takes is 1 juror to vote against death for the defendant to not receive death.

IMO, Casey walking just because a juror isn't convinced she deserves death will never weigh in to this equation.

A death qualified juror is normally (though there are exceptions), a much more conservative person and because of this, in many states, the state seeks death just for this type of juror EVEN if they don't actually want the death sentence handed down. I just cannot see how anyone can look at this and say it favors the defense in any way at all.

---
Have you ever served on a jury with the death penalty on the table? I have and I can tell you that during the entire deliberation of guilty or not guilty, it is embedded in your mind. And yes, some jurors during selection state that they have no problem with the sentencing phase on a death penalty trial then when it goes to decision, come up with all kinds of conflicts. Your statement above: when you say "IMO, Casey walking just because a juror isn't convinced she deserves death will never wigh into this equation" is IMO inaccurate, it will definitely weigh into the equation. Some jurors will find her not guilty if they think that she will be put to death, regardless of what they said during the jury selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches