2009.04.23 Baez WESH Interview

A couple of things I found amusing:

1. Baez starts to talk, and stumbles on his words by the third word. :rolleyes:

2. Look where each of the three attorneys are sitting. Hornsby sits in front of many law books...Luka sits at a desk, full of paperwork, and where does Baez sit? In front of a mostly empty bookcase, with some liquor decanters.

I rest my case. :crazy:

http://www.wesh.com/news/19266303/detail.html

"He plans to vigorously attack the single hair found in Casey Anthony's car trunk that prosecutors say is proof a decomposing body was in there. He said his own expert Henry Lee found 17 hairs in the trunk that showed no signs of decomposition."

Well JB, let me dumb this down for you ... the hairs that do not show decomp were shed before Caylee died ... and the hair that does show the decomp was shed AFTER she died.

Bold mine.

I love how this Kealing just accepts Baez' words, and says nothing about the fact that the majority of the 17 hairs that Henry Lee found were found in the garbage that was on a table, and already removed from the trunk.

I don't get what Baez is going for that will be believable to a jury. None of the phone records he's requesting will show that Casey is innocent. He knows this, why is he wasting his time? Wait! What am I thinking....let him waste his time and sink Casey's ship.

He's just preparing for his "ABC" defense. Anyone But Casey.

"He plans to vigorously attack the single hair found in Casey Anthony's car trunk that prosecutors say is proof a decomposing body was in there. He said his own expert Henry Lee found 17 hairs in the trunk that showed no signs of decomposition."

Well JB, let me dumb this down for you ... the hairs that do not show decomp were shed before Caylee died ... and the hair that does show the decomp was shed AFTER she died.

:clap: Priceless!!!

a couple of things i found amusing:

2. Look where each of the three attorneys are sitting. Hornsby sits in front of many law books...luka sits at a desk, full of paperwork, and where does baez sit? In front of a mostly empty bookcase, with some liquor decanters.

ha!! :d

So...I just watched the video.
Baez is weak. Period.
They didn't know how Laci and Connor died, there were no eye witnesses. IMO, there's more evidence in this case than that one...and guess where SP is? He's got nothing but time on DEATH ROW.
IMO, I could care less if she gets the DP, LWOP would be a more appropriate punishment...the social butterfly locked up for the rest of her days...hang on, let me wipe my eyes. :rolleyes: The appeal process is too costly, and she's sucked up enough resources in her time here on Earth, to include the air she breathes.
I think this interview is Baez REACHING even further than he has been since the DP is in the picture again...he's doing his job, trying to create reasonable doubt. All he can do at this point is discredit the evidence (er...discovery...) Do I believe it? Nope.
As for the presumption that she's innocent, that doesn't apply to me, or us for that matter. There is no way I could sit on this jury...

P.S. The comment about the hair was just s-t-o-o-p-i-d stupid. One hair with a death band means the person is DEAD. Der. Weak, weak, weak.
And I love the differing backdrops, as pointed out by another poster. :D

Good Morning All!
Alright.... the so called 4 points are extremely weak as EmMomma said, ITA.

1. NO cause of death > remember all the tox reports are not back yet and or have been released in the discovery process (but I am sure soon will)

2.No eyewitness to murder > just because their is no eyewitness means nothing, many perps have been convicted on science with out the need of an "eye" witness

3. No definitive evidence to tie Casey to murder> heart sticker much??? decomp smell in car (admitted by all family members)

4. Attack single hair found Attack science> well Baez can attack the single hair and the air samples all he wants, but the simple fact that she did not report her missing for 31 days is not science. It's a FACT! I wonder how he will defend that?!

No Zanny, no phone records for Zanny, no emails from and to Zannny > wonder how he will explain that one?

Ok I feel so relieved now that I got a glimpse of what he feels are his strong points.
Doubt any jury will buy it!

Last night on Issues with JVM, one of her panelists, who is a judge from Miami, stated that JB as a defense attorney is making a total "dog & pony show" with these interviews, and he shouldn't be on TV and telling the prosecutor what their defense strategy is...this makes him totally incompentent, doesn't that then provide Casey with something that she could use after conviction for appeal? I'm beginning to think that is what he is doing ... giving KC the ammunition she needs to appeal her conviction after a few years in jail, memories, witnesses, evidence all become "faded" years later and then, she might be able to "walk" because of incompetent council! The Bar Association needs to step in immediately and sanction him in some way...JMO....:furious:

Well folks, there it is in a nutshell. This whole "media blitz" these past 2 days with the Anthony's "breaking their silence" and Jose ALL espousing the "presumption of innocence"...he forgot to tack on that is in a court of law. There IS no presumption of Casey being innocent in MY book. She is guilty dead to rights. She killed her baby by whatever means, either an overdose, a drowning or a suffocation-however she did it-SHE DID IT! and then she drove around with her beautiful, innocent, precious baby in her TRUNK for days on end and then she threw her away like a piece of random trash one might throw out the car window! HE can "presume" her innocent all that he wants and it just don't make it so!:banghead:

I'm sure the smell of Caylee's rotting body is ingrained in KC's mind forever and ever. Maybe during the trial they could bring the trunk carpet in and sit it by her so she (and everyone else) could think about that while listening to testimony.

Good Morning All!
Alright.... the so called 4 points are extremely weak as EmMomma said, ITA.

1. NO cause of death > remember all the tox reports are not back yet and or have been released in the discovery process (but I am sure soon will)

2.No eyewitness to murder > just because their is no eyewitness means nothing, many perps have been convicted on science with out the need of an "eye" witness

3. No definitive evidence to tie Casey to murder> heart sticker much??? decomp smell in car (admitted by all family members)

4. Attack single hair found Attack science> well Baez can attack the single hair and the air samples all he wants, but the simple fact that she did not report her missing for 31 days is not science. It's a FACT! I wonder how he will defend that?!

No Zanny, no phone records for Zanny, no emails from and to Zannny > wonder how he will explain that one?

Ok I feel so relieved now that I got a glimpse of what he feels are his strong points.
Doubt any jury will buy it!

Smoke screen...it is just a smoke screen...give me the next few doc dumps we should see something with more substance from the prosecution.

Me thinks this trial is going to be short...or very long

Baez: How Casey Anthony Could Go Free
Attorney: 'There is so much that is unknown'
POSTED: 9:12 pm EDT April 23, 2009
UPDATED: 12:05 am EDT April 24, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Attorney Jose Baez talked about several key parts of his defense of Casey Anthony during an exclusive interview with WESH 2 News.

How nice to sugar coat a murder...

Caylee didn't "pass away" JB! Caylee was murdered, killed...passed away are for the sick and elderly.

Now that Baez is tipping his hand, we know he will go after the "junk science" results and focus on who dumped Caylee in that swamp on Suburban.

He stated Dr. Lee found "17" hairs from the vehicle after CSI was done. I don't believe those hairs were left there and wonder if someone cleaned a brush that was used and gave those hairs to Dr. Lee, that to me is suspect. I just don't believe the authorities overlooked all those hairs.

Forencis will be a big portion of this trial. The botanist and entomologists should have compelling evidence and testimony to match. They will be able to show how long Caylee laid there before she was found.

Besides the fact, everything that was found with Caylee's remains have been linked back to the Anthony home. Remember when CA asked KC if anyone had been in their home, KC told CA, I told you "she" had a key! I truly believe they were setting up KC's defense during those jailhouse visits. The Anthony family is so transparent, trying to speak in code, letting out bits and pieces. KC may wind up with guests if the Anthony's keep this up. You can believe the SA and OSCO are listening and watching the Anthony's on their media blitz comparing all the inconsistent and contrary statements out of their mouths. KC may just have to make room for Mommy, when this trial is said and done..:behindbar Perjury is a crime CA/GA, in case you didn't know...:crazy:

Please forgive the long post, all. I'm awfully angry these days, and need to spill :)

"I don't represent just Casey Anthony. I represent the presumption of innocence... for each and every person... and the more Casey Anthony is despised... the more important it becomes."

Well, I and thousands of other American citizens have been moved by their consciences to take it upon themselves to represent the murdered baby victim, Caylee Marie Anthony.

And we don't represent just baby Caylee. We represent every defenseless victim of violent crime for whom attempts are made to quel their voice. We demand that their dignity be preserved. We demand that they receive respect. We demand that they receive their due justice in our society by having their true and whole story told, and we hope fervently that they receive their due justice in the legal and courts system of this great land.

And the more Caylee Anthony is silenced, exploited, commoditized, and her respect compromised... the more important it becomes.

"There's so much that is unknown that we must focus in on all of it."

I couldn't agree more with Mr. Baez. I pray every day of my life that the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth of what happened to Caylee will be revealed to the American public. Caylee was defenseless, a human being who never did legal or moral wrong, and an American citizen. She deserves no less.

"They don't know how Caylee passed away."

"And to prove someone guilty of a crime, you must first prove a crime has been committed."

I'm not sure who 'they' are, but Dr. Jan Garavaglia, who enjoys excellent credentials and reputation, has concluded that Caylee died by homicide. Dr. G's opinion, and the work of the fine professionals of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the many others whose work has been publicized via the discovery documents released to the public are good enough for me.

The information in those documents has brought me to a confident conclusion that Caylee did not "pass away" from natural causes, did not die by accident, but that she died at the hands of another through deliberate action. That is a crime.

Now don't get me wrong. As an American citizen and as a human being, I never want a single person wrongfully convicted. I don't care whose deliberate actions it was that killed Caylee. It could be Bozo the Clown for all I care.

I just want truth and justice for Caylee, as I do for all victims of crime, and especially for voiceless, defenseless children who are abused and murdered.

l_7b2485c5ffff81d4044fad31e30217e1.jpg

Stand up for Caylee!!!

Please forgive the long post, all. I'm awfully angry these days, and need to spill :)

"I don't represent just Casey Anthony. I represent the presumption of innocence... for each and every person... and the more Casey Anthony is despised... the more important it becomes."

Well, I and thousands of other American citizens have been moved by their consciences to take it upon themselves to represent the murdered baby victim, Caylee Marie Anthony.

And we don't represent just baby Caylee. We represent every defenseless victim of violent crime for whom attempts are made to quel their voice. We demand that their dignity be preserved. We demand that they receive respect. We demand that they receive their due justice in our society by having their true and whole story told, and we hope fervently that they receive their due justice in the legal and courts system of this great land.

And the more Caylee Anthony is silenced, exploited, commoditized, and her respect compromised... the more important it becomes.

"There's so much that is unknown that we must focus in on all of it."

I couldn't agree more with Mr. Baez. I pray every day of my life that the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth of what happened to Caylee will be revealed to the American public. Caylee was defenseless, a human being who never did legal or moral wrong, and an American citizen. She deserves no less.

"They don't know how Caylee passed away."

"And to prove someone guilty of a crime, you must first prove a crime has been committed."

I'm not sure who 'they' are, but Dr. Jan Garavaglia, who enjoys excellent credentials and reputation, has concluded that Caylee died by homicide. Dr. G's opinion, and the work of the fine professionals of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the many others whose work has been publicized via the discovery documents released to the public are good enough for me.

The information in those documents has brought me to a confident conclusion that Caylee did not "pass away" from natural causes, did not die by accident, but that she died at the hands of another through deliberate action. That is a crime.

Now don't get me wrong. As an American citizen and as a human being, I never want a single person wrongfully convicted. I don't care whose deliberate actions it was that killed Caylee. It could be Bozo the Clown for all I care.

I just want truth and justice for Caylee, as I do for all victims of crime, and especially for voiceless, defenseless children who are abused and murdered.

l_7b2485c5ffff81d4044fad31e30217e1.jpg

Stand up for Caylee!!!

i think you posted what everyone on this board is feeling. i know i agree with everything you said. BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of things I found amusing:

2. Look where each of the three attorneys are sitting. Hornsby sits in front of many law books...Luka sits at a desk, full of paperwork, and where does Baez sit? In front of a mostly empty bookcase, with some liquor decanters.

That explains it all - it was the Jose talking - the Jose CUERVO tequila talking...and that stumbling on the words - he was just merely swallowing the worm then...:crazy:

Henry Lee lost all credibility of collecting evidence in the P Spector case.The Judge found him to be untruthful. If Baez tries to use this at trial the SA might be able to bring that in.I sure hope so.

BeanE, you've stated exactly what I have been feeling, you just stated it so much better than I could have. Thank you!

I watched Baez's interview and thought about the "4 points." How many murder cases have eyewitnesses to the murder? And he said the state has to prove a crime was committed..well a 2 year old doesn't just die, something happened and as Cindy so eloquently put it..."Caylee was with her mom," who else had opportunity? Caylee was not seen by any of her friends after she left her house with Caylee on the 15th. They cannot place Caylee with any of her friends or anybody else for that matter. Casey said she was with the nanny that didn't exist, that leaves Casey. Everything he says about the "junk science" is the same thing that was being said about DNA evidence when it was first used. And the state cannot say how Caylee died because Casey left her to decompose in the woods for 6 months and it would've been longer except Kronk found her. All of these same points could be made about the Scott Peterson case and we see where he sits..in prison. Hope Casey joins him!

Many of the SP supporters make an attempt to give alternative reasonable explanations for each piece of circumstantial evidence separately. Scott was a fisherman. It was perfectly normal for a fisherman to go fishing on Christmas Eve. It was perfectly normal for a fisherman to buy a boat. This is true. However, a Jury is instructed to look at the totality of the evidence presented at trial. The defense has a huge problem with the 31 days and KC's lies to investigators. She was afraid to report her daughter missing, yet, went on with her partying lifestyle. This is what I would like to hear Baez try to explain away.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back