2009.05.21 Annie D. Deposition

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is so very true. She likely knew that AD had the script.....and "assumed" she could lift a few from the bottle. FWIW....xanax, lorazepam, ambien, and others are very popular. I have a prescription for 2 of those and I can't tell you how often I get asked for one. I am sorry but when my insurance copay is $50 on one of em I am not only going to say no from an economic standpoint, but I AM NOT going down for someone elses habit. NO WAY!!

I did it (Klonopin, Oxycontin and once in awhile, Methadose) and got busted. Youre right, not worth it! LOL

I doubt she knows anything important enough for them to be willing to drop charges for "Distributing controlled substances". But you could very well be right!

I don't mean to be picky (I think it's important people reading know that LE does not fool around with the Controlled substance act) but in the eyes of the law she would indeed be considered a "dealer". It is a felony and she could spend quite a lot of time in prison over it (not that I think she was selling or giving Casey her pills, cuz I don't think that.).

Here is some info if anyone is interested..

http://www.getsmartaboutdrugs.com/identify/what_is_distribution_whats_drug_trafficking.html

"Distribution basically means that a person is selling, furnishing or delivering a controlled substance. Distribution charges are often brought against people who try to sell drugs to an undercover officer or a confidential informant. Distributing controlled substances, including marijuana, is a Class B felony, which carries a maximum sentence of two to twenty years and a maximum fine of $10,000. .... "

They would have to get SeanD or IDonov to testify against her, I would think, because otherwise they would have little proof to charge her with (unless she has criminal records for doing this in the past, or her doc was RX'ing too much)....She could recant what she said about giving "one" to a friend, and her confession of giving out "one" does not win at trial on its own, it needs substantiating evidence. Certainly KC's statement to JG would not be useful to an SA (she's a big ole' liar).
Don't think they are going to charge her, unless there is some OJ or AATF during that stay with KC.

They would have to get SeanD or IDonov to testify against her, I would think, because otherwise they would have little proof to charge her with (unless she has criminal records for doing this in the past, or her doc was RX'ing too much)....She could recant what she said about giving "one" to a friend, and her confession of giving out "one" does not win at trial on its own, it needs substantiating evidence. Certainly KC's statement to JG would not be useful to an SA (she's a big ole' liar).
Don't think they are going to charge her, unless there is some OJ or AATF during that stay with KC.

Crimes like this often never make it to trial. People usually accept a plea bargain because the punishment offered is much less than it would be if it went to trial and the person was convicted. Most don't want to risk that guilty verdict.

IMO All it would take LE to get SeanD or IDonov to talk is threating to file similar charges againt them. Or threatening obstruction charges (not that they would actually bring the charges againt them). Threaten, scare, manipulate and pretend to be a friend.

As for her recanting what she said, she signed a sworn statement

Hello WS :)

I agree with the idea that any giving of pills or smoking of pot is being by- passed by LE in this case. AL's roommate smoked pot and even smoked with Casey and in his interview they tell him they are not worried about the pot. They are doing this investigation and just needed him(the roommate)to be honest and they did not want the pot smoking to get in the way.

I have seen many cases on American Justice and Forensic Files..etc. where the investigators do overlook such things and it makes sense to me.

Drugs can be very bad, we all know that...but murder is much worse. We are not talking about drug kingpins here. The investigation is about who murdered Caylee. If Annie did give a pill to Casey, LE would want to know this and I would think they would be willing to let Annie slide on that-again...as long as we are not talking about a major drug operation or ring that also had to do with the downfall or death of Caylee.

I am saying of course if drugs are actually involved with the death of Caylee or if LE were to uncover a major drug ring during this investigation(even if it wasn't really connected to Caylee-I do believe they couldn't let something like that slide nor would they want to)then they will make drugs the issue.

If I was all innocent and I had given my friend one of my xanax(not that I think that is right and I wouldn't do it...but I wouldn't take xanax or any of those drugs the companies come out with anyway)maybe because she just really needed it...

like Casey telling people she was having a breakdown-I would apologize to LE and say I was a good person who wanted to tell them anything that would help find Caylee. If you are not actually dealing drugs...making money...taking money...have a supplier...then that is what I think LE thinks of as "drug dealing."

I am looking for an explanation for AD behavior and that is the only reason I am talking about the drug thing. It is just my best idea right now as to why she wanted to see Casey and tells us she did not let Casey tell her stuff because she didn't want to know.

My intuition tells me that AD is not straight edge and she has tried to portray both her and Casey in that light and that engages my hinky meter...

I am not sure as to whether or not "xanny" is "xanax" or not. I still do not know if Caylee was given things to go to sleep. I don't know if Casey did this on purpose or was in a rage...I just don't know. :waitasec:

I hope the sleuther is correct who said that AD will say more on the stand because I just can't believe she knows as little as what came out in her statements.

...jmo...I:blowkiss:WS

Hello WS :)

I agree with the idea that any giving of pills or smoking of pot is being by- passed by LE in this case. AL's roommate smoked pot and even smoked with Casey and in his interview they tell him they are not worried about the pot. They are doing this investigation and just needed him(the roommate)to be honest and they did not want the pot smoking to get in the way.

I have seen many cases on American Justice and Forensic Files..etc. where the investigators do overlook such things and it makes sense to me.

Drugs can be very bad, we all know that...but murder is much worse. We are not talking about drug kingpins here. The investigation is about who murdered Caylee. If Annie did give a pill to Casey, LE would want to know this and I would think they would be willing to let Annie slide on that-again...as long as we are not talking about a major drug operation or ring that also had to do with the downfall or death of Caylee.

I am saying of course if drugs are actually involved with the death of Caylee or if LE were to uncover a major drug ring during this investigation(even if it wasn't really connected to Caylee-I do believe they couldn't let something like that slide nor would they want to)then they will make drugs the issue.

If I was all innocent and I had given my friend one of my xanax(not that I think that is right and I wouldn't do it...but I wouldn't take xanax or any of those drugs the companies come out with anyway)maybe because she just really needed it...

like Casey telling people she was having a breakdown-I would apologize to LE and say I was a good person who wanted to tell them anything that would help find Caylee. If you are not actually dealing drugs...making money...taking money...have a supplier...then that is what I think LE thinks of as "drug dealing."

I am looking for an explanation for AD behavior and that is the only reason I am talking about the drug thing. It is just my best idea right now as to why she wanted to see Casey and tells us she did not let Casey tell her stuff because she didn't want to know.

My intuition tells me that AD is not straight edge and she has tried to portray both her and Casey in that light and that engages my hinky meter...

I am not sure as to whether or not "xanny" is "xanax" or not. I still do not know if Caylee was given things to go to sleep. I don't know if Casey did this on purpose or was in a rage...I just don't know. :waitasec:

I hope the sleuther is correct who said that AD will say more on the stand because I just can't believe she knows as little as what came out in her statements.

...jmo...I:blowkiss:WS

Caylee's hair was tested for Benzo's, none in it.

Bumping, with a thought...

After all of our pacing and waiting back in 2008, Annie's interview and depo came out and we finally got to see who and what the buzz was all about.
Now, in light of the direction this trial is going, will the state need Annie, or RyanP? If the defense is not going to refute that KC's a liar, why the need for either? Or any of KC's "old" group of friends, like the Dalys or LaurenG?

Annie/Xanax/Zanny does not seem to fit in the case to date.

Now, I can see why Kio may be needed, to talk about KC's choice of dumping grounds. But Annie & Ryan, not sure...although, Ryan did say KC complained about having Caylee and not being able to be 'normal.' And Annie, like MichelleM, can talk about KC's previous mentions of being nutso, but again, that plays towards the defense.

Anyway, bumparoni...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back