2009.08.21 Motions hearing #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the new thread replacing the thread we were using last night?

If you would like to see how the rest of the discussion went, you'll need to check the last few pages of Part II.

BTW-- Great to see you on the show, today! You handled yourself well. :blowkiss::)

I found it interesting that the prosecution said they could try their case in one day (after jury selection).

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4071894#post4071894]Click here for Tony Padilla Q&A[/ame]

What juror in their right mind will believe that someone else moved the body? And if someone else really did move the body (which is highly doubtful IMO) how does this exonerate Casey? She still could have done it and someone else could have moved the body. It's a big jump for the defense to claim that she has to be found innocent because the body was moved while she was in jail. JMO!

ETA - I remember seeing a case on one of the crime shows where a husband killed his wife, buried her in at a construction site where new houses were going up. Later while he was on the run (or in jail - I can't remember which) he called his father to move the corpse. His father testified against him in court admitting that he moved the body after death, but only because he was trying to protect his son!

You bring up a very good point. KC was the last one to be seen with Caylee. So who would have access to the body if it was not in fact already placed in the area on Suburban. Let's see, let's see....oh the remains were in two trash bags and a laundry bag which matches one at the A's home, baby's blanket from home found with remains, clothes from the home were in the bag, no cooperation from the A's with TES and the most remarkable coincidence of all D Casey employed by the parents admittedly searching for a deceased Caylee in the area where the baby's remains were actually found. Unless the A's shared this information with all of the proposed suspects on the defense's wish list it is apparent that if the body was moved more than likely it would have been done by her parents. We all know this did not happen but there are just too many items from the house, the smell from the car and admission by both parents it smelled like death, etc, etc.

The private investigator at that sight will not be explained away very easily. The look on KC's face yesterday tells us she may know what the state has and the only way she can get away with it is to point the finger at someone in the A's home. There may be more than one reason why she cannot acknowledge her parents. She may be preparing to feed them to the fishies. JMO

Wait... has the defense motioned to get Kid Finders' records and see what their part was in hunting for Caylee? Why just the focus on Equusearch?

I doubt that the defense is interested in all of those long evenings sipping lemonade on the Anthony's back porch...........plotting new ways to mooch from the public, that was the extent of any hunting done by the Milsteads.

I believe the defense is just trying to create reasonable doubt with the whole "body moved after KC was in jail" as they don't have much else they can do in KC's defense.

1) Bottled tears.

2) An onion hidden in a kleenex.

Am I mistaken, or where there NO tears? I saw dabbing, eyes a little glassy but there were no tears. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Am I mistaken, or where there NO tears? I saw dabbing, eyes a little glassy but there were no tears. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Seems she used the same cloth the whole time. If she was crying the whole time, wouldn't it be soaking wet at the end? Yet the close up photos seems to show a rather dry hankie...

However, I think she was upset this time and trying to control it. She might be starting to 'get it.' It's going to be another year before there is even a trial. So even if she wants to believe she will 'win', she will realize at this point she isn't getting out any time soon.

Does the Defense really want us to see how stressed she is now compared
to the happy go lucky days after Caylee was gone. How are they going to
explain those 31+ days. She was'nt about to let anyone know. How can
they possibly blame anyone else.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Exactly!!! The body is a given now since Caylee was located and they cannot claim she is alive.

Placement and movement of the body is just a distraction, the focus is .... how did Caylee transfer from KC's control and why did KC not report anything for 31 days and then tell all those un-verifiable lies!!

Everyone needs to focus on the root cause and not these distractions further down the trail.

It IS pretty open and shut being as they have her on video doing the deeds...Why they had her plead not guilty to this one is beyond me.

Ok, now I feel dumb. What's this about having her on video?

(Before I asked, I tried to find the answer, but...)

It IS pretty open and shut being as they have her on video doing the deeds...Why they had her plead not guilty to this one is beyond me.

To delay dealing with it. For many reasons.

If it's done before the murder case, then these lawyers will HAVE to deal with it. If it's done later, they can brush it off on to a freebie lawyer..saving time and money. Which is pretty much what they were saying in court. They don't want to waste THEIR time and resources dealing with it. <wink>

Right now she isn't considered a felon. If she admited to being guilty, then she would have been considered a felon... That would effect alot of things. Including the murder case. It's in her best interest to delay this until after the murder trial. It's also in the best interest to the lawyers dealing with her case.

Ok, now I feel dumb. What's this about having her on video?

(Before I asked, I tried to find the answer, but...)

Security video of Casey at the Bank cashing bogus checks and at target spending Amy's money from her checking account.

JB is going to argue that TES searched the area with at least 32 searchers and none of them saw or smelled anything in an effort to show that it was possible that the body was moved there after it was searched and KC was already in jail.

Unfortunately, the flip side is TM's statement that the area was not searched as efforts to do so were hampered by 12-18 inches of standing water when he was there. The plants that grew through and around the skeletal remains can only put the window at 6 months prior to discovery, not days. There is wiggle room on DAYS, and JB is going to probe it all he can.

Was she in jail on August 10 when Kronk first saw "something"? I can't remember.

Wouldn't it be strange if he saw her trying to toss the bagged body into the woods and went to assist the damsel in distress, giving it the old heave-ho himself?

When did this KW guy enter the picture with the 71yo psychic from Texas? I am surprised that Baez isn't all over that instead of TES.

I believe JB has other reasons for wanting those searchers names besides their location at that time. I am still trying to figure out what those could be.

The forensics can show the growth of the plant life and the bugs to determine a pretty close date. Casey didn't go to jail until July 17th. If her body had been there since June 15th-18th...it still allows almost a month. I see what you are saying tho, Dots. Let's hope the Body Farm has some groundbreaking new technology by the time this heads to trial. :)

Yes, I think she was in jail on Aug. 10th, but I would have to check to be certain.

I don't remember a KW. Is this the guy that was walking around at the end of the street and the school reported him?

Yes, I think so. I had not heard of him until someone posted a link to his testimony earlier on this thread (or could be on one of the last two).

When did this KW guy enter the picture with the 71yo psychic from Texas? I am surprised that Baez isn't all over that instead of TES.

I believe JB has other reasons for wanting those searchers names besides their location at that time. I am still trying to figure out what those could be.

The forensics can show the growth of the plant life and the bugs to determine a pretty close date. Casey didn't go to jail until July 17th. If her body had been there since June 15th-18th...it still allows almost a month. I see what you are saying tho, Dots. Let's hope the Body Farm has some groundbreaking new technology by the time this heads to trial. :)

Yes, I think she was in jail on Aug. 10th, but I would have to check to be certain.

BBM

I think he wants to dig up any dirt he can find on the searchers. I think there were ~4,000 searchers. There were probably convicted felons in the group. Possibly pedophiles. I think the first thing he'll do is see if there are any searchers with a criminal past. If he finds a few, he'll possibly try to point the finger at one of them or smear the reputation of TES. This is just a guess on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member