2009.10.12 - Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what about all those witnesses who said Misty, not Ron, picked Haleigh up from school that day? We have both Misty and Ron saying they picked Haleigh up from the bus stop that day.

Since it's still "sketchy" as to who of the two of them would even remember the sharpest who actually picked her up that day, wouldn't the bus driver have known? Do we know what the bus driver said about that day?

Art Harris said Santos ( who had a run in with Ron) and his girlfriend and an anonymous person said Misty picked her up, but that there are other witnesses that said Ron picked her up, he just hasn't spoken to them iirc.

TJ Hart said recently iirc that LE said Ron picked her up.

There is a Galanos show nobody has ordered where LE said Ron picked her up.

Ron, Teresa and Misty said Ron picked her up.

IIRC a cell phone can ping off a tower even if the phone is turned off. If the battery is taken out then it can't ping off a tower. I think I rember this from analysis done on Anthony case (although I could be mistaken).

I don't have a problem with Nancy Grace on a usual basis. But I would like to know just what is her rationale for being so hostile with Crystal? Does she find Crystal to be a "bad mother" just because she was not granted custody? (Not true- and that goes for either mother or father - many times it is not the better parent who gets custody - it could be simply the parent with the better LAWYER who gets custody!) Anyhow - I watched NG the night CS was on and saw CS doing her best to hold back her tears. I cannot understand why she treated her that way - asking CS something about not even knowing what time her daughter gets off the school bus , etc. NG treated CS as if she was not aware that CS did not have primary custody. Sure wish there was some good explanation as to why NG treated CS the way she did the last time CS was on the show. Problem is I just can't think of one. If anyone else here has an idea as to why NG treated CS the way she did (other than just plain being mean) please let us know your ideas. My heart went out to CS - I cannot imagine the way she feels - compounded, IMO, by frustration over not having had any real say in the day-to-day life of her daughter. BLessings to CS - please NG stop making CS a villain. She is not who is to blame for Haleigh's disappearance, IMO.

I like Nancy's show, and I think she is like everyone else, and has opinions about others and their actions just like the rest of us do, jmo

I don't have a problem with Nancy Grace on a usual basis. But I would like to know just what is her rationale for being so hostile with Crystal? Does she find Crystal to be a "bad mother" just because she was not granted custody? (Not true- and that goes for either mother or father - many times it is not the better parent who gets custody - it could be simply the parent with the better LAWYER who gets custody!) Anyhow - I watched NG the night CS was on and saw CS doing her best to hold back her tears. I cannot understand why she treated her that way - asking CS something about not even knowing what time her daughter gets off the school bus , etc. NG treated CS as if she was not aware that CS did not have primary custody. Sure wish there was some good explanation as to why NG treated CS the way she did the last time CS was on the show. Problem is I just can't think of one. If anyone else here has an idea as to why NG treated CS the way she did (other than just plain being mean) please let us know your ideas. My heart went out to CS - I cannot imagine the way she feels - compounded, IMO, by frustration over not having had any real say in the day-to-day life of her daughter. BLessings to CS - please NG stop making CS a villain. She is not who is to blame for Haleigh's disappearance, IMO.

I disagreed w/ NG at times but I never had a problem with her before this case. CS isn't to blame for any of this and to hear NG say that CS didn't care enough about her children to live close to them is cruel. Her child is missing. She wasn't any worse a parent than Ron, she just lost in family court. There's always a loser in family court. IMO, Haleigh was the biggest.
Since Ron didn't allow CS much access in their lives and she could only see them on court ordered visits, it didn't matter if she lived close or not. I wouldn't want to live close to Ron either, especially if I had to watch a 16 year old play mommy to my babies while I waited two weeks to see them.
Why doesn't she ever call Ron out on leaving his heart with a teen-aged chain smoker that just came off a drug binge ?

About the cell phone- Couldn't Misty have left it at the mobile house when she left that night?

Can't remember what case, but wasn't there one in which the police found a victim by her cell phone being in her pocket? I think the phone was even shut off but it still pinged. I hope someone remembers this case, I have to get my kids off to school and it's driving me crazy trying to remember.

I like Nancy's show, and I think she is like everyone else, and has opinions about others and their actions just like the rest of us do, jmo

Does she have the right to disrespect the mother and grandmother of Haleigh? I'm referring to Crystal and her mother.

Respectfully snipped and BBM.

Don't quote me, but I think we heard right at the start of the case that LE physically had in hand both Ron & Misty's phones.

IF that is the case, I'm sure LE was able to get all kinds of information. Call logs, and all kinds of other information.

Again, don't quote me on that, it was over 8 months ago now, and I'm not going to go look for a link.... lol But I am pretty sure that we heard talk of them receiving their phones back from LE, which would mean that LE actually had them in the first place. I think it was the FBI.

If you'll take Art's/Nay Nay's/Misty's word for it, it was indeed the FBI:

Then, early Feb. 10, Haleigh turned up missing and Misty didn’t answer her phone for several days, says Prevatt. Finally, she picked up. “She said, the FBI had had her phone. She said she couldn’t talk because the phones were tapped and hung up.”
http://www.artharris.com/2009/04/03/exclusive-white-boy-greg-and-misty-cummings

Does she have the right to disrespect the mother and grandmother of Haleigh? I'm referring to Crystal and her mother.

I would say no, absolutely not. That applies to Ron, TN, GGM Sykes, and Misty also. I think a standard should be a standard, not one doubled over and warmed up twice over. I would like to get the details on these shows without all the unnecessary comments unless they are very relavant to a case.

NG is keeping Haleighs face out there, not too many are. I don't like everything NG says, but being a child advocate as she is, I'm pretty sure she is rubbing thin like we all do when we see case after case of children being killed, molested and harmed through neglect and evil intent. So I'll give her a little slack, meaning I will continue to watch her shows because I learn of the missing, and our fallen heroes, and refrain from calling her nasty names and sending it over the internet.

I don't think NG should trash CS, or anyone else that hasn't been named a suspect, on national TV, it's tacky. But I think maybe she has read the custody docs and that is where her disgust of CS is coming from. Not saying it's right, just IMO that may be what it is coming from.

I think so too curve. I think when Nancy seems to agree with one's opinions, people are ok with that, and when she doesn't, they get upset generally. I don't always agree with what she says, but it's her show and she has strong opinions, I think that's why many people watch.

GRACE: Let me just clarify again, and correct me if I`m wrong because I`ll find out later. At some point, the truth will be uncovered. Isn`t it true, Mr. Shoemaker, that Ronald Cummings stayed at work his full shift and he got home around 3:00 AM?

SHOEMAKER: Absolutely. He never left.

GRACE: OK. Terry, what did he do for a living? What was it exactly he did there?

SHOEMAKER: He was a crane operator, among some other responsibilities.

GRACE: I`m sorry. I couldn`t hear you. Repeat. He did what?

SHOEMAKER: He was a crane operator.

GRACE: OK. Were there other people around him observing him operating the crane, amongst other things?

SHOEMAKER: Yes. He was there all night. You know, there were some times, you know, based on our conversations with FDLE, that people didn`t actually see him, but they were for very short periods of time. And people saw him there all night, for the most part.

GRACE: And his home was about a 30 or 40-minute drive away?

SHOEMAKER: A little less than that. You know, probably anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes.

GRACE: OK. Give him 30. He would have to have been gone about an hour-and-a-half, 30 minutes there, 30 minutes back...

SHOEMAKER: Exactly.

GRACE: ... and 30 minutes for whatever was to take place there. Was there that big of a gap of people seeing him?

SHOEMAKER: Absolutely not, Nancy.

GRACE: OK. Mr. Shoemaker, you`re giving me your word on that?

SHOEMAKER: Absolutely, Nancy.

GRACE: And again, you said he operates a crane. Was he operating a crane that night?

SHOEMAKER: I don`t believe he actually was that evening. I know he had a couple different things he was doing, but...

GRACE: Like what?

SHOEMAKER: I can`t really answer that specifically. I know when we spoke...

GRACE: Why?

SHOEMAKER: Well, when we spoke with law enforcement the last time, they asked him about his different jobs that evening, and he said that he had to move some material from different locations and -- so I know that he had a number of different responsibilities, but his primary responsibility at that job was as a crane operator.

GRACE: Indoors or outdoors?

SHOEMAKER: Well, the crane is outdoors, but he -- you know, he would move things to different aspects of the job site and take care of material that way.

GRACE: So we know absolutely he did not leave the job site?

SHOEMAKER: Absolutely.

BBM. Why has this changed? Now according to his atty it takes Ron 20-30 minutes to get home? IIRC he said earlier that it took Ron 19 minutes to drive from home to work that day. Surely it must be less at night. And if the drive took this long he couldn't have left work at 3:00, gone the long way via the convenience store and been home in time to call 911 at 3:27.

Edit: here's the source for 19 minutes.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/04/ng.01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members