2009.12.16 Motions denied!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the video he is speaking of in the order the one on the day the remains were found or is he speaking of another time she had bad behavior that was taped?

The motion and order covers any and all videos taken of jail visits. I have a feeling though that there is something specific that they are worried about.

Oops... I apologize for answering this after MM already did... that will teach me to not read the thread before I hit the reply button. LOL

• The Judge denied the Motion to Dismiss on Double Jeopardy Grounds and the Motion for a Protective Order to Destroy Video of Family Visits.
  • The Judge Granted the State's Motion for a Protective Order as it relates to the recorded statement of Joe Jordan - considering Baez did not object, nor did anyone else, this should not be a real shocker one way or the other.
  • The Judge has not ruled on the Motion to Remove Death Penalty or the Motion for Protective Order as it Relates to Videotaping Baez's visits. Considering he denied the other two motions with one sentence rulings, it is safe to assume he is issuing longer orders on the other two. This makes sense as they are more substantive and involve areas of law that are not clearly defined. I still think he will deny the Death Penalty motion and would not be surprised if he granted Baez some relief as it relates to attorney-client interviews being videotaped.
I would like to be referred to as Hornsbydamus from this point forward. That is all.

I believe he is referring to ALL VIDEO that has been recorded of Baez visiting Casey. That's gotta be HOURS if not HUNDREDS of hours!

The Court does harbor some level of concern over the contents of any videotape that
might be released (even without audio). The Court has witnessed at least one prior video which
could arguably affect the defendant's right to a fair trial, as well as jury selection.
While state
law on this issue clearly favors public access, this Court is ordering that no video of the
defendant and her counsel be released without an in camera viewing by the undersigned.
Following an in camera review the Court would then either promptly release the video, or
prohibit its release if the Court felt a public viewing might be prejudicial'.
Thus, any delay in
release would be minimal, and the defendant's right to access to counsel, and access to the courts would be protected.

I know some of us seem to be assuming that the video referenced above in JS decision on motion probably relates to the "reaction" video" of KC...which I believe prompted its own defense motion which was granted ? (sealed)....

...but I can't help wondering if perhaps the "one prior video" that is being referenced may have had to do with the Twizzler incident (shocking, inflammatory boo-boo by Baez!), which may have been what prompted JS complaint to the Bar? (How in the heck did the media even find out about the Twizzler incident?)

If anybody's wondering what to get me for Christmas...

I can't even begin to imagine what the clerks office is going to look like in the morning. Every major media outlet in the Country will be submitting public records requests for those videos and if we're really lucky our own Muzikman will request them for WS.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The motion and order covers any and all videos taken of jail visits. I have a feeling though that there is something specific that they are worried about.

Oops... I apologize for answering this after MM already did... that will teach me to not read the thread before I hit the reply button. LOL

All lawyer/client visits not family/casey visits. IMO

I can't even begin to imagine what the clerks office is going to look like in the morning. Every major media outlet in the Country will be submitting public records requests for those videos and if we're really lucky our own Muzikman will request them for WS.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

And can you imagine the amount of time it may take JS to prescreen all these videos?????? (unless of course, Baez visits were very short and more along the lines of "wham bam thank you ma'am"...no pun intended!)

I know some of us seem to be assuming that the video referenced above in JS decision on motion probably relates to the "reaction" video" of KC...which I believe prompted its own defense motion which was granted ? (sealed)....

...but I can't help wondering if perhaps the "one prior video" that is being referenced may have had to do with the Twizzler incident (shocking, inflammatory boo-boo by Baez!), which may have been what prompted JS complaint to the Bar? (How in the heck did the media even find out about the Twizzler incident?)

IIRC Hoover was the one that told on Baez.....:innocent:

That's my understanding, but I'm not a lawyer, so I could be wrong.

If they ARE requested and released, Andrea and Cindy are going to be LIVID, as the "picking on every single move by Casey" that they talked about is going to be ENDLESS. :)

And it will be the defense team's fault IMO, for bringing this little topic to the attention of the media.

I said this earlier but cannot stop laughing so I will post it here too,

Every time little buddy starts stomping his feet and throwing a fit the judge gives him something to cry about as my mom used to love to say.

I know he showed her an episode of Nancy Grace early on , from his laptop, but have wondered if the family records messages and he plays them for her on his computer during visits. Ever wonder about that? I just DO NOT believe Cindy has not communicated with her in fourteen months.

I know he showed her an episode of Nancy Grace early on , from his laptop, but have wondered if the family records messages and he plays them for her on his computer during visits. Ever wonder about that? I just DO NOT believe Cindy has not communicated with her in fourteen months.

Wouldn't you need a network (or WIFI) connection to use SKPE? Think someone said they don't have access from inside the jail. But the family could be sending recorded messages back and forth.

I'm actually wondering why he did file this one. Perhaps a specific incident during one of their meetings that they are worried might get out... now that just makes me want to see what it is all the more. lol I have a sudden craving for twizzlers now... :angel:

If this is one of videos that will be released, I will be watching while snacking on my twizzlers, trying to find out who is who in their jailhouse remake of "Lady and the Tramp."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard